Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remote hacking ability

(PSN)Will_Kolenc

Couldn't find anywhere else to suggest this but I feel like a useful ability would be remote hacking for consoles and such. Though this would need to be balanced I feel like it would tie in well with a hacking/digital, or Cephalon themed frame. Not making any demands but if it did eventually make its way into the game it would be a pleasant surprise

Personally i think the Ability to make the next console instantly get hacked is a very poor planned thing into the game. We already have Ciphers and the Auto-Hack chance mod for the Parazon, adding another contribution to lazy player's experience is just plain bad.

I think they should just replace the Instant hack skill from the Helminth with somehting more useful and as for the Auto-Hack mod for the Parazon i think they should make it instead of having a Chance of Automatically hacking, give a chance to not consume ciphers, that way it keeps the item relevant and players with difficulty to do the hacking mini-games or too lazy can still benefit from it.

With remote hacking, the way I envision it would still be hacking as per usual, but instead of walking up to the console  you'd use say a screen on your warframes arm instead. Not to say there wouldn't be synergy with using perspicacity as well. If Ash and Loki can teleporting inside vaults then what's the harm in a new method of hacking

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Hrm 🤔 I could stay in the shadows while flicking my Parazon out into the console, hacking from a distance via wire. Might be kind of cool

There could even be an ability where you control a small drone. Could also add the ability to hack doors or Moas and what have you

On 2021-08-14 at 6:26 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Personally i think the Ability to make the next console instantly get hacked is a very poor planned thing into the game. We already have Ciphers and the Auto-Hack chance mod for the Parazon, adding another contribution to lazy player's experience is just plain bad.

I think they should just replace the Instant hack skill from the Helminth with somehting more useful and as for the Auto-Hack mod for the Parazon i think they should make it instead of having a Chance of Automatically hacking, give a chance to not consume ciphers, that way it keeps the item relevant and players with difficulty to do the hacking mini-games or too lazy can still benefit from it.

Not everyone likes to play minigames in shooter or action games. Let it stay that way. Insta-hack is useful, not like lots of repeated stuffs.

I guess you have watched New War trailer with our "hero" Beso? Am I right? If that's the case then It has huge potential. I could imagine a frame with remote camera (there is one afair) and you change your environment (e.g. in Jupiter tileset you can set "gas alarm" to kill some room of enemies. Other stuffs like closing some doors (so enemies couldn't follow you). And so on so forth.

14 minutes ago, quxier said:

Not everyone likes to play minigames in shooter or action games. Let it stay that way. Insta-hack is useful, not like lots of repeated stuffs.

Ciphers exist, what i said above was make them relevant again as people now use parazon mod or helminth abilities for it which make the Cipher useless.

11 minutes ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Ciphers exist, what i said above was make them relevant again as people now use parazon mod or helminth abilities for it which make the Cipher useless.

Although I agree with this, they have also done the same thing with the codex scanner and the synthesis scanner. As with the synthesis scanner I think most people see this as an optional upgrade. For the added effort of exploring the helminth system it works as an incentive to get people in the door, but also it does help optimise some missions like sorties where ciphers aren't available

1 hour ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Parazon is very slow. I could press X > Y faster than Parazon autohack. I keep it there just... because I don't have other interesting mods. I still haven't farmed new Parazon's mods.

Helminth's ability requires slot. That's not always available (you know... people want to have different abilities). Even on my Ivara build I still use Ciphers if I forgot to activate this ability.

Ciphers and restores are still useful. Later in a game they are very cheap (unless you want to do a lot "runs").

I've come to the realisation that each player has their own playstyle and wants and needs from a frame, and for a frame to be great it should be able to cater to different play styles. Therefore I would happily welcome and ideas that would suit a frame such as this one. Whether these are ideas for abilities, quirks, stats or design all ideas are welcome. 

Archived