Work in progress Nidus build - Seeking other's thoughts

Whibbs

Question

Like the title says...

Just to note from the start, I know I'm most certainly not the best at modding, nor do I fully understand every little, teeny-tiny thing about all the different possible combinations. I'm fully aware that everyone has their own playstyle, I simply just have a genuine curiosity for Nidus because he (so far) is the first warframe where I just simply cannot decide on an 'end' build that I can settle with. Eventually I'll have made more configs for different types of playstyle/gameplay, but for an overall gist...

With that said, here's what I have so far and I'll explain the thought process for my choices to the best of my understanding for each one. My ultimate goal is to hear other's opinions on whether something is redundant or counterproductive, overkill, etc.. (Oh and I shouldn't have to ask this, but please don't come at me - or each other - with hateful/despising comments. From doing my fair bit of researching, I see a lot of it when someone disagrees with another's opinion over questions like these. Please keep it all mature for the sake of curiosity and learning.)

Current Build Idea:

• Growing Power & Teeming Virulence (Kinda just seemed like a good pair to me. I had decided those two without much research.)
  • Power Drift (Obvious strength bonus, but willing to reconsider of course. Also, I hate being knocked down lol, but not a deal breaker if someone thinks something else would be better.)
  • Blind Rage (From what I could find, efficiency is not important for Nidus due to his ability to refund energy. Although, I did find this and it REALLY threw me for a loop considering everything else I had read - https://www.framemastery.com/nidus-build-the-unkillable-monster/ - would love to hear feedback on what people think of those builds.)
  • Augur Secrets (Solely for the strength increase seeing as Nidus doesn't have, nor benefit from anything shield related.)
  • Augur Reach & Stretch (I figured the two made a decent range increase, and I do like my range, but as always lemme know what y'all think on that and if there could be a better option.)
  • Umbral Vitality/Intensify (I usually always include these two in anything I build, not sure if that's common or not but I prefer them greatly.)
  • Insatiable (I honestly only chose this one for my last because: a) I'm still not 'that' great at Nidus, so it kinda helps me keep things rolling, b) I dropped it on the Vazarin slot, causing my mod drain to be at an even zero lol, and c) I would've gone with Umbral Fiber instead, but I read that armor for Nidus isn't super important considering his survivability if played right - would love a bit more clarification on that one)
  • Arcane Grace & Guardian (I can understand the use of Grace; kind of makes having higher armor not as important, right? Tbh though, I had gotten the idea for both from a comment in this post https://forums.warframe.com/topic/997509-nidus-arcanes/ having claimed using the two provided better damage mitigation, which I understand but would also love to hear other suggestions as well.)

End Notes/Thoughts/Questions:

• I'm not sure if I just didn't research hard enough or what, but I honestly could not find a definitive answer on whether armor was a 'good' thing to have for Nidus (aside from Arcane Guardian), or if it was lackluster and pointless.
  • Is there a point where having too much ability strength becomes redundant or is it actually thee most important thing for Nidus? I even went as far as to try and find out if there was a potential cap for strength, but from what I read that's not a thing at all (yay/nay?).
  • I read that I should not want a negative duration so as to not limit Parasitic Link. Beyond that, I honestly don't know whether having more or less matters.
  • Am I wasting some of the build's potential by using Augur Secrets? I had considered keeping Umbral Fiber instead because I would still get the 22% extra strength for the set bonus, plus the armor for survivability. Sure I have to worry about mod capacity, but hypothetically, what would be the better choice if forma wasn't an issue at all? Seems like a silly question typing it out, but I suppose I'll never know for certain until I ask lol.

And that's about it really. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else I had thought about or considered. I really do love making builds that give off a sort of min-max feel for most situations. Like I said plenty of times throughout the post, I really just want to learn as much as I can and I think all this would help me towards building other warframes better as well. Thank you in advance everyone! I truly appreciate the time one may or may not put into assisting me on my quest. :)

17 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Whibbs said:
Spoiler

Like the title says...

Just to note from the start, I know I'm most certainly not the best at modding, nor do I fully understand every little, teeny-tiny thing about all the different possible combinations. I'm fully aware that everyone has their own playstyle, I simply just have a genuine curiosity for Nidus because he (so far) is the first warframe where I just simply cannot decide on an 'end' build that I can settle with. Eventually I'll have made more configs for different types of playstyle/gameplay, but for an overall gist...

With that said, here's what I have so far and I'll explain the thought process for my choices to the best of my understanding for each one. My ultimate goal is to hear other's opinions on whether something is redundant or counterproductive, overkill, etc.. (Oh and I shouldn't have to ask this, but please don't come at me - or each other - with hateful/despising comments. From doing my fair bit of researching, I see a lot of it when someone disagrees with another's opinion over questions like these. Please keep it all mature for the sake of curiosity and learning.)

Current Build Idea:

• Growing Power & Teeming Virulence (Kinda just seemed like a good pair to me. I had decided those two without much research.)
  • Power Drift (Obvious strength bonus, but willing to reconsider of course. Also, I hate being knocked down lol, but not a deal breaker if someone thinks something else would be better.)
  • Blind Rage (From what I could find, efficiency is not important for Nidus due to his ability to refund energy. Although, I did find this and it REALLY threw me for a loop considering everything else I had read - https://www.framemastery.com/nidus-build-the-unkillable-monster/ - would love to hear feedback on what people think of those builds.)
  • Augur Secrets (Solely for the strength increase seeing as Nidus doesn't have, nor benefit from anything shield related.)
  • Augur Reach & Stretch (I figured the two made a decent range increase, and I do like my range, but as always lemme know what y'all think on that and if there could be a better option.)
  • Umbral Vitality/Intensify (I usually always include these two in anything I build, not sure if that's common or not but I prefer them greatly.)
  • Insatiable (I honestly only chose this one for my last because: a) I'm still not 'that' great at Nidus, so it kinda helps me keep things rolling, b) I dropped it on the Vazarin slot, causing my mod drain to be at an even zero lol, and c) I would've gone with Umbral Fiber instead, but I read that armor for Nidus isn't super important considering his survivability if played right - would love a bit more clarification on that one)
  • Arcane Grace & Guardian (I can understand the use of Grace; kind of makes having higher armor not as important, right? Tbh though, I had gotten the idea for both from a comment in this post https://forums.warframe.com/topic/997509-nidus-arcanes/ having claimed using the two provided better damage mitigation, which I understand but would also love to hear other suggestions as well.)

End Notes/Thoughts/Questions:

• I'm not sure if I just didn't research hard enough or what, but I honestly could not find a definitive answer on whether armor was a 'good' thing to have for Nidus (aside from Arcane Guardian), or if it was lackluster and pointless.
  • Is there a point where having too much ability strength becomes redundant or is it actually thee most important thing for Nidus? I even went as far as to try and find out if there was a potential cap for strength, but from what I read that's not a thing at all (yay/nay?).
  • I read that I should not want a negative duration so as to not limit Parasitic Link. Beyond that, I honestly don't know whether having more or less matters.
  • Am I wasting some of the build's potential by using Augur Secrets? I had considered keeping Umbral Fiber instead because I would still get the 22% extra strength for the set bonus, plus the armor for survivability. Sure I have to worry about mod capacity, but hypothetically, what would be the better choice if forma wasn't an issue at all? Seems like a silly question typing it out, but I suppose I'll never know for certain until I ask lol.

And that's about it really. Off the top of my head I can't think of anything else I had thought about or considered. I really do love making builds that give off a sort of min-max feel for most situations. Like I said plenty of times throughout the post, I really just want to learn as much as I can and I think all this would help me towards building other warframes better as well. Thank you in advance everyone! I truly appreciate the time one may or may not put into assisting me on my quest. :)

... I would not use that build... To put it bluntly, your scale has too much weight into one of the plates... The build I have on my Nidus, and its severely outdated, is more solid in the "most situations" you've mentioned, including Steel Path... But, again, its severely outdated and in its state it only works in Steel Path because I'm the one controlling it.

Also, do not believe everything you see on online vids... Because those vids are made under specific circumstances that allows them to shine. It does not represent "most situations" and should only be viewed and accepted as "promotional advertisement vids"... Because that's pretty much what they are.

Edited by Uhkretor
  • Like 1

Kinda misses efficiency/energy. As Nidus you are constantly using your abilities to stay alive. You use your Larva to pull the enemies together and use your first ability to gain stacks. Umbral mods are a must, yes, but you only need so much power strength to keep your stacks up and the damage reduction of your link as high as possible. And you don't want too much Duration, since you want to recast your Larva as often as possible and your link isn't going to stay that long with how fast we eliminate enemies these days.

You might wanna trade your last ability for breach surge (Wisp) since in combination with the stats (high efficiency, somewhat high strength, somewhat high range, lowish duration) it works really well and helps getting more damage and CC.

Proposal:

Umbral Intensify + Vitality + Fiber

Level 4 Fleeting Expertise

Level 4 Streamline

Stretch 

Transient Fortitude (maybe level 8 instead of 8) 

Primed Continuation (since 20% Duration is a little too low) 

Alternatively, you can use Augur Secrets instead of T. Fortitude and Augur Range for Primed Conti if you care more about Range than strength and you're fine to sacrifice 20% duration (which is honestly okay with Nidus).

Also, if you have it, Primed Sure Footed has become kinda obligatory for any tank/CC frame, use it on your Exilus.

Edited by (PSN)c1234567890alvi

17 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... I would not use that build... To put it bluntly, your scale has too much weight into one of the plates... The build I have on my Nidus, and its severely outdated, is more solid in the "most situations" you've mentioned, including Steel Path... But, again, its severely outdated and in its state it only works in Steel Path because I'm the one controlling it.

Also, do not believe everything you see on online vids... Because those vids are made under specific circumstances that allows them to shine. It does not represent "most situations" and should only be viewed and accepted as "promotional advertisement vids"... Because that's pretty much what they are.

What about the build is too much one way? Details and specifics please :)

2 hours ago, Whibbs said:

too much ability strength becomes redundant

By having too much strength, you're breaking the possibilities you have to gain stacks... which is basically how Nidus doesn't die.

58 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Kinda misses efficiency/energy. As Nidus you are constantly using your abilities to stay alive. You use your Larva to pull the enemies together and use your first ability to gain stacks. Umbral mods are a must, yes, but you only need so much power strength to keep your stacks up and the damage reduction of your link as high as possible. And you don't want too much Duration, since you want to recast your Larva as often as possible and your link isn't going to stay that long with how fast we eliminate enemies these days.

You might wanna trade your last ability for breach surge (Wisp) since in combination with the stats (high efficiency, somewhat high strength, somewhat high range, lowish duration) it works really well and helps getting more damage and CC.

Proposal:

Umbral Intensify + Vitality + Fiber

Level 4 Fleeting Expertise

Level 4 Streamline

Stretch 

Transient Fortitude (maybe level 8 instead of 8) 

Primed Continuation (since 20% Duration is a little too low) 

Alternatively, you can use Augur Secrets instead of T. Fortitude and Augur Range for Primed Conti if you care more about Range than strength and you're fine to sacrifice 20% duration (which is honestly okay with Nidus).

Also, if you have it, Primed Sure Footed has become kinda obligatory for any tank/CC frame, use it on your Exilus.

Hmm, I can definitely understand where you're coming from with your proposal. But since the refunded amount is always 25% of the energy spent, per enemy hit, I was under the impression that as long as I'm hitting 4-5 or more enemies, I should always be gaining back what I spend regardless of how high or low the efficiency is. And considering that Larva obviously doesn't refund energy, I would simply have to make sure that I am only using my abilities when there are enough enemies to make up for the cost of Larva on top of Virulence, right? I simply assume that if there's not enough enemies, that would just be where I would decide to use my weapons and conserve the energy for a more beneficial fight.

I most likely will change Ravenous to Breach Surge too, I completely forgot to alter that when toying around in the builder, so thank you for the reminder! xD

Larva though, it honestly has been kind of throwing me for a loop to be frank. Does it automatically disappear if there are no enemies for it to grab? When I use it, sometimes it'll pull enemies in and drop once they're dead, whereas other times it'll stay there even after they're dead until it times out. A little confusing, but I haven't put too much attention onto it. So far I've been able to cast it when I need to, even with the duration left at 100%, but I'll try out reduced duration and see how it pans out for me and if I have that same personal weirdness lol.

Oh and for Parasitic Link, just as you said, since we're able to eliminate enemies so fast these days anyways, and since I plan to mostly play solo with Nidus, could I possibly consider swapping it out for Breach Surge instead of Ravenous? I'm curious to know what you think of that and how it might pan out, for better or worse.

Thank you for your suggestions, I'm eager to try them out and hopefully incorporate some of the ideas into my own. :)

47 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

By having too much strength, you're breaking the possibilities you have to gain stacks... which is basically how Nidus doesn't die.

How does having too much strength break the possibilities of gaining stacks? Genuinely looking to understand, that's all.

I mean, I was unaware that increasing strength would cause me to gain less stacks. How exactly does that work?

22 minutes ago, Whibbs said:

How does having too much strength break the possibilities of gaining stacks? Genuinely looking to understand, that's all.

I mean, I was unaware that increasing strength would cause me to gain less stacks. How exactly does that work?

Lets imagine the following situation...

... You enter a room that has... a moderate group of 9 enemies... You decide to group them up as close as possible using Larva, and then proceed to just blow their faces with Virulence until they die. Not only do you gain a lot of energy this way, you also gain stacks...

If you hit them with that much strength, which basically will 1-shot them, you'll only get 9 mutation pips which is almost (but not quite) 2 mutation stacks... But if they die with 2 hits, you get 2x more.

The idea is to have it set for the 2-hit tactic at a specific enemy level range that you usually fight against (usually, to lvl70~90 range assuming that its regular Star Chart). But~ you can forget all this for Steel Path. The approach it requires regarding warframe builds is exactly (Solo Only) the same type of builds I use in every warframe... Which, coincidentally, is the same build that a former clan member used on his Nekros (which he chose to main) which allowed him to easily clear Steel Path solo with it, farm in Steel Path and completely obfuscate pretty much every player he teamed up with.

I don't know if you're planning to go Solo or in a team, or even Steel Path, but whenever you focus on a single aspect of the Warframe, everything else suffers. If you keep it balanced, you have much better results and much more flexibility when presented with fluctuating factors in the different situations you may face.

Edited by Uhkretor

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Lets imagine the following situation...

... You enter a room that has... a moderate group of 9 enemies... You decide to group them up as close as possible using Larva, and then proceed to just blow their faces with Virulence until they die. Not only do you gain a lot of energy this way, you also gain stacks...

If you hit them with that much strength, which basically will 1-shot them, you'll only get 9 mutation pips which is almost (but not quite) 2 mutation stacks... But if they die with 2 hits, you get 2x more.

The idea is to have it set for the 2-hit tactic at a specific enemy level range that you usually fight against. But~ you can forget all this for Steel Path. The approach it requires regarding warframe builds is exactly (Solo Only) the same type of builds I use in every warframe... Which, coincidentally, is the same build that a former clan member used on his Nekros (which he chose to main) which allowed him to easily clear Steel Path solo with it, farm in Steel Path and completely obfuscating pretty much every player he teamed up with.

I don't know if you're planning to go Solo or in a team, or even Steel Path, but whenever you focus on a single aspect of the Warframe, everything else suffers. If you keep it balanced, you have much better results and much more flexibility when presented with fluctuating factors in the different situations you may face.

I completely understand where you're coming from, I do. But if it's an endless mission that we're talking about, would it matter if enemies are 1-shot vs. 2-shot as long as they keep coming? I mean, you're going to gain mutation stacks no matter what, and killing is a part of staying alive, right? So I assume the faster one group of enemies are killed, the faster you can move on to the next and keep from being overwhelmed.

Edit: Suppose I should actually say that I'm not fully understanding where you're coming from if I have to keep questioning it :P

Edited by Whibbs
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Whibbs said:

if it's an endless mission that we're talking about

If its an endless mission, it depends on how far you're looking to reach and from which enemy level you're starting from.

250% ability power is good enough for Steel Path survival to comfortably last an hour, in my hands, Solo... Don't forget that being in a group or Solo is also a factor that your build depends on.

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

If its an endless mission, it depends on how far you're looking to reach and from which enemy level you're starting from.

250% ability power is good enough for Steel Path survival to comfortably last an hour, in my hands, Solo... Don't forget that being in a group or Solo is also a factor that your build depends on.

Oh for sure, I have no doubt or question there. If I may though, what does your build consist of in comparison to mine? As I'm sure you can tell, I'm not a genius with Nidus, I mean I only just got him a couple days ago and just spent a lot of time reading up on him lol.

Also, are weapons more so for luxury in Steel Path for Nidus? I've seen both yes and no, but I assume that depends on how he's built and of course if one plays him solo or in a group. I was just thinking, from what all you've said so far, that I could probably stand to make a few changes and still meet the same end result but can cast Larva sooner; perhaps these?

Growing Power > Corrosive Projection

Augur Secrets > Overextended

Teeming Virulence > Transient Fortitude

Power Drift > Handspring or Sure Footed (since I don't technically have an Umbra Forma yet to be able to fit Primed)

Of course, all this is with the idea of playing solo

1 hour ago, Whibbs said:

Oh for sure, I have no doubt or question there. If I may though, what does your build consist of in comparison to mine? As I'm sure you can tell, I'm not a genius with Nidus, I mean I only just got him a couple days ago and just spent a lot of time reading up on him lol.

Also, are weapons more so for luxury in Steel Path for Nidus? I've seen both yes and no, but I assume that depends on how he's built and of course if one plays him solo or in a group. I was just thinking, from what all you've said so far, that I could probably stand to make a few changes and still meet the same end result but can cast Larva sooner; perhaps these?

Growing Power > Corrosive Projection

Augur Secrets > Overextended

Teeming Virulence > Transient Fortitude

Power Drift > Handspring or Sure Footed (since I don't technically have an Umbra Forma yet to be able to fit Primed)

Of course, all this is with the idea of playing solo

Weapons have their uses in Steel Path, unlike the usual rumors about them. It depends on your approach to the mission that you're doing... Being an endless mission, a survival to be more specific, weapons have more uses than Nidus' abilities if you're hitting stragglers for single-target weapons. AoE weapons have similar results against groups when used with Larva.

What I usually do to all my Warframes, and that includes Nidus, is to build them with my base "resilience kit"... Unlike what you may have read, heard from a random convo between two or more players, or told directly to you, armor is useful.

My base "resilience kit":

• Steel Fiber
    • Regular or Umbral
  • Vitality
    • Regular or Umbral
  • Redirection
    • Only when the Warframe has Shields. This does not apply to Nidus, so its left out.
      • I have Hunter Adrenaline installed on my Nidus.
  • Adaptation
  • Shock Absorbers
  • Equilibrium
    • Health Orbs also give Energy and vice-versa

Then, I install corrupted ability stat mods, leaving 1 slot for an Ability Augmentation that's going to be used regularly during that mission. This was only done with an Anti-Sentient specific config, however...

Either Transient Fortitude or Blind Rage, paired with Streamline. You might want to test these out as these really depend on the player and what they intend to do with the build. I believe that using the full Umbral set and Transient Fortitude you'll have 227% ability strength. But if you feel the need of using both Transient Fortitude and Blind Range with full Umbral set, you'll have 331% ability strength. You will, however, suffer penalties on Duration and Efficiency... Hence, testing required to find the sweet spot. You might not even that much ability strength, which will give you room to add Overextended or something similar.

I also tend to use Auras specifically to mitigate the "first layer" of protection (Not much of a mitigation Solo, but its significant enough to make a big difference)... Usually Corrosive Projection or Shield Disruption... Also Coaction Drift, because it helps with those auras.

Do note, I do not use Arcanes with my Nidus because I don't main Nidus. But, if I had to use Arcanes with it, I would probably make "Arcane Deflection" a staple Arcane, varying between Arcane Ice, Arcane Nullifier and Arcane Resistance (faction dependent).

This might give you a few ideas, but don't forget the biggest factor of all to make this work... No bullet jumping just because you can. You're much more of an easier target when bullet jumping than rolling (smooth long distance line vs snappier short distance line).

Edited by Uhkretor

Max Range for me.   Over-Extended, Reach, Stretch.   Not sure if I use cunning drift??

Clump and Dump.  

When prime hits I will definately look into something to inject over his 3rd ability.  (4th is worthless to but I like the eye candy)

Petrify is STUPID EXPENSIVE but it would go great with clumping.   Larva -> Petrify -> Uhhh 1st ability .... lol.   I think my nidus has some or great energy effeciency so Petrify might work awesome.    Well of Life could be another cool ability,  clumping would make it easier o hit a target.... and it would benefit entire squad in range.   

Does Vial Rush heal you??   Clump and Tackle would be pretty awesome..   Revenant gives his tackle ability to does that heal or just give back shields I dont know.. 

Lots of cool combo's.   I just wish I hadnt accidently put a umbra forma in my normal nidus =/

On 2021-08-14 at 7:31 PM, Uhkretor said:

Weapons have their uses in Steel Path, unlike the usual rumors about them. It depends on your approach to the mission that you're doing... Being an endless mission, a survival to be more specific, weapons have more uses than Nidus' abilities if you're hitting stragglers for single-target weapons. AoE weapons have similar results against groups when used with Larva.

What I usually do to all my Warframes, and that includes Nidus, is to build them with my base "resilience kit"... Unlike what you may have read, heard from a random convo between two or more players, or told directly to you, armor is useful.

My base "resilience kit":

• Steel Fiber
    • Regular or Umbral
  • Vitality
    • Regular or Umbral
  • Redirection
    • Only when the Warframe has Shields. This does not apply to Nidus, so its left out.
      • I have Hunter Adrenaline installed on my Nidus.
  • Adaptation
  • Shock Absorbers
  • Equilibrium
    • Health Orbs also give Energy and vice-versa

Then, I install corrupted ability stat mods, leaving 1 slot for an Ability Augmentation that's going to be used regularly during that mission. This was only done with an Anti-Sentient specific config, however...

Either Transient Fortitude or Blind Rage, paired with Streamline. You might want to test these out as these really depend on the player and what they intend to do with the build. I believe that using the full Umbral set and Transient Fortitude you'll have 227% ability strength. But if you feel the need of using both Transient Fortitude and Blind Range with full Umbral set, you'll have 331% ability strength. You will, however, suffer penalties on Duration and Efficiency... Hence, testing required to find the sweet spot. You might not even that much ability strength, which will give you room to add Overextended or something similar.

I also tend to use Auras specifically to mitigate the "first layer" of protection (Not much of a mitigation Solo, but its significant enough to make a big difference)... Usually Corrosive Projection or Shield Disruption... Also Coaction Drift, because it helps with those auras.

Do note, I do not use Arcanes with my Nidus because I don't main Nidus. But, if I had to use Arcanes with it, I would probably make "Arcane Deflection" a staple Arcane, varying between Arcane Ice, Arcane Nullifier and Arcane Resistance (faction dependent).

This might give you a few ideas, but don't forget the biggest factor of all to make this work... No bullet jumping just because you can. You're much more of an easier target when bullet jumping than rolling (smooth long distance line vs snappier short distance line).

Interesting... Apologies for the late reply, I got caught up irl stuff haha...

But in any case armor, yeah that's why I had asked about it in the original post; I kept seeing comments here and there where people suggested that Nidus didn't need the armor due to his survivability. Of course I knew that would have to depend on the mission type/content, so it's good to get clarification on that as I can rework my build to how I would normally do it.

I also see where you're coming from with the high ability strength. I imagine in a lot of situations it might not be as desirable as one would think, and also depending on a lot of factors. I'll make some of the changes you recommended to get things rolling a little better. Hopefully I can start jumping into the harder content soon enough. It's all got me itching for a fight lol. If I'm understanding right, too high of strength could limit Nidus quite a deal in some scenarios considering one can't always guarantee there'll be enough enemies to build mutation stacks from if I'm killing what few there are in one hit vs., well, the opposite. I'll take that advice and definitely lower it a tad to add some range, possibly efficiency if I feel it suits my playstyle better. I believe I mentioned already, but I did only just acquire Nidus recently, so it'll take some playing around to get the right feel for it, personally.

Skipping a bit to the Arcanes, I honestly haven't acquired too many of them just yet. Would Eidolon hunting be the main source of acquiring them? I've read a bit about it, but have been so busy catching up and learning of other things to really jump into it just yet.

I've also just realized the bit about bullet jumping recently. I'm glad really, that I'm picking up on all the little quirks, and it's nice to have people confirm my own personal theories before I've had the chance to look up whether they're true or not; makes the game feel more immersive for me to wonder from time to time, so thank you! I'll gladly put all this to the test to find that sweet spot, as you put it. Now I'm getting excited! >:D

23 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Max Range for me.   Over-Extended, Reach, Stretch.   Not sure if I use cunning drift??

Clump and Dump.  

When prime hits I will definately look into something to inject over his 3rd ability.  (4th is worthless to but I like the eye candy)

Petrify is STUPID EXPENSIVE but it would go great with clumping.   Larva -> Petrify -> Uhhh 1st ability .... lol.   I think my nidus has some or great energy effeciency so Petrify might work awesome.    Well of Life could be another cool ability,  clumping would make it easier o hit a target.... and it would benefit entire squad in range.   

Does Vial Rush heal you??   Clump and Tackle would be pretty awesome..   Revenant gives his tackle ability to does that heal or just give back shields I dont know.. 

Lots of cool combo's.   I just wish I hadnt accidently put a umbra forma in my normal nidus =/

I thought about doing max range because of Uhkretor's suggestions, but I feel that also would depend on the mission type/content. I am curious what you think though, or if max range suits your playstyle for all mission types and why?

As for Petrify, I can see why you would choose that. I'm not sure if I would make that choice ONLY because I seem to have a weird time with Petrify every now and then where it just doesn't want to work. I'm still unsure as to whether that's due to enemy resistances or if there's something else at play, but I would like to hear more on that if you don't mind. :)

I'm honestly unsure/don't know about the other abilities lol. Only just got the Helminth unlocked a couple days ago too haha. If Warframe were ranked from level 1-5, then split into tiers, like, noob, intermediate, advanced, etc., I'd say I'm a level 4 noob + only having just returned to the game little under a month ago xD. Buuut, I am an amazingly quick learner, so it's all coming back and I'm picking things up real fast.

I appreciate the ideas, I do love me some Clump and Dump lol.

8 minutes ago, Whibbs said:

Skipping a bit to the Arcanes, I honestly haven't acquired too many of them just yet. Would Eidolon hunting be the main source of acquiring them?

That would be it, and I believe that Orphix missions also reward Arcanes... But I'm not sure if they're the same ones I've mentioned.

I did, however, get some Arcanes from Scarlet Spear and Orphix Venom operations. The wiki seems to have more accurate info regarding Arcanes, I suggest checking it out.

26 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

That would be it, and I believe that Orphix missions also reward Arcanes... But I'm not sure if they're the same ones I've mentioned.

Awesome, good thing I had the urge to obtain weapons suited for Eidolon hunting then. I'll likely lead with that to get a better understanding of it myself, plus it's a big part of the game I'm sure.

28 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

I did, however, get some Arcanes from Scarlet Spear and Orphix Venom operations. The wiki seems to have more accurate info regarding Arcanes, I suggest checking it out.

I'll definitely delve into it some more. I've gotten a lot accomplished recently, so I'd say it's time I take a step higher and dig into the Arcanes some more anyways. Thanks for tips and advice :)