Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Any advice for my Mesa build?

(NSW)MirrorKnight

Question

17 answers to this question

17 minutes ago, (NSW)MirrorKnight said:

I guess a build that's good  for every mission? that's all i can really think of at the moment.

as long as you don't forget to put Mods onto Peacemaker, some of everything will be effective at pretty much every Mission. maybe instead the way to figure out what you want is to describe what the Abilities do.

• Shooting Gallery is a highly effective CC Ability, if you need CC.
    • benefits from Range and Duration
  • Shatter Shield is a given, protects against everything except Melee, Status Effects, and AoE. AoE usually comes in the form of Projectiles though, so it will generally be reflected away from you, just keep in mind of where you are relative things like Walls so you can avoid slinging a Rocket into a Wall next to you.
    • benefits from Duration, and a little bit of Strength (caps at aound +24% Strength IIRC)
  • Peacemaker is pretty self explanatory. most of your Damage will come from the Gun Mods you put on it, moreso than your Ability Strength, perhaps counter intuitively, at first.
    additionally Ability Strength is Additive with Mods like hornet Strike, so super high Strength isn't even that amazing on top of Hornet Strike. 
    • benefits mainly from just Efficiency/Duration in order to reduce the Energy cost of using it. 
    • benefits immensely from Rate of Fire Bonuses.

and Ballistic Battery is both so buggy and so wack that you may as well ignore it thesedays.

for just Missions in general, that leaves you with mainly just Efficiency and Duration as being of importance.
everything else can go into either unique mechanics, or things that help you survive. as aforementioned i'd consider having atleast something from Augur Set on though. innate DR plus later on DR that you add on yourself makes Mesa pretty durable against most things. the Shields that Augur Set give you only further increase this by letting you actively reset your Shield Gating.
and like always, having a way to Heal yourself is crucial to surviving in this game, no matter what you're doing or what you're using.

14 minutes ago, taiiat said:

the only thing to get disconcerted about is that you're acting like you have an unheard of secret, that you are solely the only one capable of playing the game. 

... Don't be disconcerted... Everyone has his/her little secrets...

Its the choice of the thread's author if he wants my help or not. I'm not even going to move an inch because what I wanted to say is posted right there...

If he wants my help, he can send me a forum pm . If he doesn't, it'll be as if this thread never happened for me, so...

I can give you an advice, but then you'll have to play like i do.

16 hours ago, taiiat said:

if they would listen long enough to be educated that 300% Strength on top of Hornet Strike is only 1.94x Damage.

I'm not good at math, nor listening.

But i did built a 300 power strength and a 200 power strength mesa. Since the difference is miniscule, i went with the latter.

I think some people in this community do need to listen more, and some others blindly listen to some parties too much.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I run almost all duration with enough range to get out of the negatives so SG actually works. 

i like to have increased Range, 175% is a small enough investment and that's enough for me.  gets some Augur Set in there anyways.
while i focus more on Efficiency than Duration since i don't mind recasting. i usually go that Warframes as well, if only because on Warframes that Duration isn't of high importance, i can get the lowest Drains possible with fewer Mod Slots, going all Efficiency rather than high Duration.

suuuper used to Casting a lot anyways with all the buffs i maintain on Saryn, Abilities that last like 40+ Seconds? well, rather than having to pay attention to how long they are, i just recast them all every 20-30.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

It's become a pet peeve for me with this game.

good! in a way. people being uneducated should disgruntle those that are. everyone should always seek to be as educated as possible, including allowing themselves to be wrong, so that it can go in both directions.
it won't be the most happy go lucky state of mind to live in, but atleast you can leave this World knowing you tried to help make it better, rather than pouring some intelligence into the Ocean.

8 hours ago, taiiat said:

i'd like to think most of the Playerbase would do the same, if they would listen long enough to be educated that 300% Strength on top of Hornet Strike is only 1.94x Damage.
i have too much hope for people, i know.

IIRC i do tend to run like 175% Strength or maybe like 200% or so, mainly on the prospect of that once i have everything else i want, well, might as well add in some extra Strength now.

I run almost all duration with enough range to get out of the negatives so SG actually works.  I think I remember you being one of the people that works on the wiki and I know I always read the wiki for a new frame, so that is most likely why we make those sorts of choices in builds.  All the relevant information is right there in black and white.  In alliance or QA chat, the vast majority of the time someone gives Mesa advice it's the all power strength channel, all power strength, all the time.  At least on Xbox.  Back when they were running a promotion to get drops for watching sponsored twitch streamers I picked one at random to put on while playing and eventually ended up actually in chat arguing (because of course I would.) because they were all trying to tell the streamer they had Mesa built wrong because "MOAR POWAH" is of course the answer.  It's become a pet peeve for me with this game.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

I wanted to say thank you for not screaming "MORE POWER STRENGTH" like most people do when talking about mesa builds.  I run enough to max out the DR on SS and that's it.

i'd like to think most of the Playerbase would do the same, if they would listen long enough to be educated that 300% Strength on top of Hornet Strike is only 1.94x Damage.
i have too much hope for people, i know.

IIRC i do tend to run like 175% Strength or maybe like 200% or so, mainly on the prospect of that once i have everything else i want, well, might as well add in some extra Strength now.

10 hours ago, taiiat said:

as long as you don't forget to put Mods onto Peacemaker, some of everything will be effective at pretty much every Mission. maybe instead the way to figure out what you want is to describe what the Abilities do.

• Shooting Gallery is a highly effective CC Ability, if you need CC.
    • benefits from Range and Duration
  • Shatter Shield is a given, protects against everything except Melee, Status Effects, and AoE. AoE usually comes in the form of Projectiles though, so it will generally be reflected away from you, just keep in mind of where you are relative things like Walls so you can avoid slinging a Rocket into a Wall next to you.
    • benefits from Duration, and a little bit of Strength (caps at aound +24% Strength IIRC)
  • Peacemaker is pretty self explanatory. most of your Damage will come from the Gun Mods you put on it, moreso than your Ability Strength, perhaps counter intuitively, at first.
    additionally Ability Strength is Additive with Mods like hornet Strike, so super high Strength isn't even that amazing on top of Hornet Strike. 
    • benefits mainly from just Efficiency/Duration in order to reduce the Energy cost of using it. 
    • benefits immensely from Rate of Fire Bonuses.

and Ballistic Battery is both so buggy and so wack that you may as well ignore it thesedays.

for just Missions in general, that leaves you with mainly just Efficiency and Duration as being of importance.
everything else can go into either unique mechanics, or things that help you survive. as aforementioned i'd consider having atleast something from Augur Set on though. innate DR plus later on DR that you add on yourself makes Mesa pretty durable against most things. the Shields that Augur Set give you only further increase this by letting you actively reset your Shield Gating.
and like always, having a way to Heal yourself is crucial to surviving in this game, no matter what you're doing or what you're using.

I wanted to say thank you for not screaming "MORE POWER STRENGTH" like most people do when talking about mesa builds.  I run enough to max out the DR on SS and that's it.

Throwing out my own piece of advice for modding Mesa:  Fire rate is important to mod for on Peacemakers IMO.  There is a ramp up where you gain more damage with each shot fired over the first 20 or so.  Combine that with not needing to reload and you can dramatically increase your DPS and TTK with the simple inclusion of a fire rate mod and the fire rate arcane if you can get one.

As for Mesa herself, the goal with Shooting Gallery and Shatter Shield is to not take damage.  Hunter Adrenaline requires you to take damage to work.  These things don't work well together.  Shield damage also doesn't count for Rage/Hunter Adrenaline so you're further reducing its effectiveness by having Redirection on because you're increasing the time that it's not functioning, which it already isn't functioning because you should have your SS and SG up.  Shields also aren't really the best, outside of abusing shield gating, so redirection isn't the best choice on most frames and you'd be better served by stacking duration, if you can get the mods.  Augur Message increases duration along with Continuity and is fairly easy to get, or cheap if you buy it off a player and will help more than either the Redirection or the Hunter Ad because it will increase uptime for all 3 of Mesa's good abilities.

I'm not entirely sure why you polarized all of your slots when you didn't need the capacity, but it's going to make changing your build around more difficult.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

now, what are you trying to do with Mesa? if you don't have any goals, nobody can really help you learn anything. all you can get is something to copy paste, but you still won't have learned anything.
so, what are you looking for? "advice" isn't vey specific.

I guess a build that's good  for every mission? that's all i can really think of at the moment.

6 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Disbelief by people towards my builds is more normal for me than Buggyframe. Seriously, stop getting triggered by something that happened without your input (yes, because the build I made did not get your input, or anyone else's for that matter) and doesn't even affect your merry life in any way.

the only thing to get disconcerted about is that you're acting like you have an unheard of secret, that you are solely the only one capable of playing the game. 

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

you should really get off your high horse. it's not as high as you think.

Last time I checked, I'm standing with both my feet on the ground...

... Where are yours? 9999x(10^99999999999999)^t-1 feet inside a planet's core?

Disbelief by people towards my builds is more normal for me than Buggyframe. Seriously, stop getting triggered by something that happened without your input (yes, because the build I made did not get your input, or anyone else's for that matter) and doesn't even affect your merry life in any way.

• in the current state of the game, adding a Shield Capacity Mod probably actually makes you less durable because it means it's harder to reset your Shield Gating.
  • Hunter Adrenaline is of limited use with Mesa because you're stacking DR. if you don't lose much Health, you don't gain much Energy, either.

now, what are you trying to do with Mesa? if you don't have any goals, nobody can really help you learn anything. all you can get is something to copy paste, but you still won't have learned anything.
so, what are you looking for? "advice" isn't vey specific.

4 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... I do have an efficient base build for it that can handle Steel Path rather well... But since its not posted online, other people's disbelief towards it goes off the charts... So~, I'm just going to wait until everyone use up their theories so I can actually send a proper advice and build through a forum pm...

you should really get off your high horse. it's not as high as you think.

Hunter Adrenaline is worthless..  If your playing her right it should never trigger.  You should have her 3 up constantly.   Your either gonna have to use zenurik, Dethcube, or energy pizzas for your energy needs (as well as arcane energize, but u need orbs for that and sometimes those are hard to come by).  

Shields are ok if you get your hands on Adaptation.  But instead of redirection use Augur Aegis so when you cast abilities you get back shields..  Which on mesa you should be doing alot??   

Stretch, vitality and intesify are OUT.   Swap in Umbra Vit/intense.

Mesa's survival comes rom her 3rd ability so you need massive duration or efficiency.  (u can toss adaptation 4 more dur/eff too).

-----

My mesa I think uses power drift for more ability strength aka gun strength.   But honestly I probably should switch to endurance drift? for the extra energy..   Flow is ok but you never need to shoot something for that long... and if I need more I just void dash.   

... I do have an efficient base build for it that can handle Steel Path rather well... But since its not posted online, other people's disbelief towards it goes off the charts... So~, I'm just going to wait until everyone use up their theories so I can actually send a proper advice and build through a forum pm...

... That's IF @(NSW)MirrorKnight wants me to.

Generally, it's not great to use energy siphon (if it's all you have that fits then it's fine) because it's only 36 energy per minute, you can just pick up energy orbs as you see them and you'll be gaining plenty of energy.

Corrosive projection, or enemy radar would be nicer alternatives.

You can drop redirection and hunter adrenaline for more strength of you have the mods for it, her shatter shield should be all the damage resistance you'll need so long as you stay out of melee range.

Redirection is pointless, because it's shield, and because you're playing Hunter Adrenaline, which procs when you don't have shields.

So is Stretch, unless you're playing a supportive Mesa for some reason, it won't be needed.

I guess you're pretty new to the game so the build will still work anyway, but forget about redirection for sure, you can keep stretch if you really don't have anything else that would give damage like Transient Fortitude.

Oh yeah and you obviously don't need to use 5 formas, don't think you'd have use 5 at all but I better tell about it anyway.

GL HF 👍

Archived