General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Fish Not Spawning in PoE

(PSN)Boomstickman98

I have gone into Plains of Eidolon four separate times now, used bait and luminous dye each time, and nothing spawned. Wasn't this a bug a while ago that supposedly got fixed? If so, its back. could DE look into this? It doesn't seem to be affecting everybody though, as my friend had no trouble getting their fish for the nightwave this week.

I know how to fish, that is not the issue. they just are not spawning in Plains for me.

Edited by (PSN)Boomstickman98
clarification

On 2021-08-14 at 4:58 PM, (PSN)Boomstickman98 said:

I do. Thats not the issue here. They spawn in Deimos fine for me for example.  I don't know what the issue is though.

The only thing I can possibly think it was linked to was a specific riven challenge I was doing, but even then... @LillyRaccune what do you make of this?

On 2021-08-14 at 3:28 PM, (PSN)Boomstickman98 said:

I know how to fish, that is not the issue. they just are not spawning in Plains for me.

Do random enemies or animals still spawn?

This bug has never happened on my PC game, however it has happened on my PS4 game. But for all I know my experience was unrelated to yours.

Fishing on in PoE and 4Tuna is weird for me because I need to physically stand in the water and aim down the sights of the fishing spear to get anything to spawn. When nothing spawns, I often take drastic measures like walking into the water to black-out myself or running to the nearest enemy base and intentionally killing and reviving myself.

If you can do some testing, that would be great. You don't need to spend any luminous dye or bait to do the tests. You can just see if any fish appear.

Removing all your rivens, see if fish appear when you are not host, have a bounty active when trying to fish, fishing in different times of the day and verifying that you tried Ponds, Lake, and Ocean.

Sorry I don't have more advice.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

This bug has never happened on my PC game, however it has happened on my PS4 game. But for all I know my experience was unrelated to yours.

Fishing on in PoE and 4Tuna is weird for me because I need to physically stand in the water and aim down the sights of the fishing spear to get anything to spawn. When nothing spawns, I often take drastic measures like walking into the water to black-out myself or running to the nearest enemy base and intentionally killing and reviving myself.

If you can do some testing, that would be great. You don't need to spend any luminous dye or bait to do the tests. You can just see if any fish appear.

Removing all your rivens, see if fish appear when you are not host, have a bounty active when trying to fish, fishing in different times of the day and verifying that you tried Ponds, Lake, and Ocean.

I know the enemies still spawn at the very least. I have tested both day and night to no avail. I will try running my weapons that don't have rivens though, and run with my girlfriend as the host whenever she gets on. That said, I tried my usual spot (Twin Horns), I've tried the ocean in the bottom right where I usually catch Murkrays, and I tried Gara Toht Lake, all to no avail before. will update you when I have more info though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Doesn't seem to be tied to the riven as I initially thought, as it isn't fighting with my Balla riven. So my only guess is that my bug and yours might be one in the same?

44 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

No no. Your advice is plenty helpful, that's why I asked for it :)

• Like 1