Self-stagger is always maximum intensity at the edge of explosion

HunterDigi

I feel this is too much, it should have a falloff effect near the edge so only if you blast yourself in the face you get the full jump-backwards stagger.

Stagger severity seems scaled by the gun damage, if I mod Kuva Ogris or Akarius for damage and crawl closer and closer to a wall while shooting, I get full stagger animation suddenly, no "hands in front of face" animation, which I can get if I completely remove all mods on the gun.

This is especially annoying on guns that can't reduce stagger with mods, like Akarius.

6 hours ago, HunterDigi said:

Stagger severity seems scaled by the gun damage

I think it's Multishot, well, multiplying the force of the stagger,
which of course with the new Galvanized Mods will be at x3 to x4 usually.

So, assuming that is indeed the root of the problem, the solution could simply be
to have Multishot-generated blasts not cause stagger, similar to how Mirage clones' attacks don't hinder you.

Or, make the default stagger severity on weapons something closer to e.g. Tenet Envoy,
that one has a WAY lower severity level even with a spooled up Galv Chamber.

5 hours ago, Flannoit said:

It's extremely frustrating when using Zaw arcanes that add the aerial ranged attack.

TBH, I rarely have an issue with Exodia Contagion, you have your Melee out after the attack
so you're primed to block and thus negate the self-stagger if you hit something right in front of you. *shrug*

10 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

TBH, I rarely have an issue with Exodia Contagion, you have your Melee out after the attack
so you're primed to block and thus negate the self-stagger if you hit something right in front of you. *shrug*

It feels like the range of Contagion might just be either stupidly high or it's affected by Reach. It's generally not an issue under most circumstances, but every once in a while an enemy manages to inch juuuust close enough to make me be in the blast range. Ignorable whenever I'm using Gauss or Harrow since they have relatively easy methods of just ignoring KD/SSt (especially Gauss who's entirely immune with his 2 up), but definitely noticeable more often than not when using frames like Revenant who only has KD/S/St protection during his 3 and 4 it feels like. (He might during his 2 also but I rarely see mesmer actually do anything)

It'd just be nice for when I'm not playing a frame with the ability to ignore stagger, especially when I'm leveling a frame up or using Nekros/etc to farm for drops, that so much as having a scary metal toe at the very absolute edge of Contagion's AoE causes annoying SSt which can lead to Nekros/etc getting their asses wooped in some content. :l