Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unvaultings?

RoninFive

Anyone else feel like the nyx & rhino unvaultings are getting out of hand? I think this is the 4th they were unvaulted. Feels disproportional with other primes.

Maybe it's just me, though, idk.

Edit:

Did some math to figure out how many times each frame was unvaulted

Zephyr has been unvaulted 1 time
Banshee has been unvaulted 1 time
Frost has been unvaulted 2 times
Trinity has been unvaulted 1 time
Oberon has been unvaulted 1 time
Ash has been unvaulted 1 time
Saryn has been unvaulted 1 time
Nyx has been unvaulted 3 times
Volt has been unvaulted 1 time
Mag has been unvaulted 3 times
Ember has been unvaulted 2 times
Rhino has been unvaulted 4 times
Chroma has been unvaulted 1 time
Mirage has been unvaulted 1 time
Nova has been unvaulted 1 time
Nekros has been unvaulted 1 time
Vauban has been unvaulted 1 time
Valkyr has been unvaulted 1 time
Loki has been unvaulted 3 times

Rhino is definitely getting special interest here. Nyx, Mag and Loki are close seconds. Ember and Frost have been released twice, everything else on the list was only unvaulted once.

A lot of players have complained about Nyx & Rhino being unvaulted once again so soon after their last unvault. I'm happy to be able to get Rhino Prime since I keep missing him, but I definitely understand the frustration, especially when there are other primes that need some love in the limelight.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Flannoit:

A lot of players have complained about Nyx & Rhino being unvaulted once again so soon after their last unvault. I'm happy to be able to get Rhino Prime since I keep missing him, but I definitely understand the frustration, especially when there are other primes that need some love in the limelight.

"So soon". The last time Rhino Prime was available was 2018. It's been three years. With Loki Prime having been this year's Tennocon giveaway, there is no frame that has been unavailable longer. This thread is ridiculous.

On 2021-08-15 at 5:55 AM, Krankbert said:

"So soon". The last time Rhino Prime was available was 2018. It's been three years. With Loki Prime having been this year's Tennocon giveaway, there is no frame that has been unavailable longer. This thread is ridiculous.

I never keep up with unvaultings, so I wasn't aware it was that long ago. That is pretty ridiculous. I only knew people were complaining about it "being so soon" in the update thread and a handful of other threads following the unvault.

Hoping for a saryn and loki to get unvaulted since im tapped out of their rare relics now.

Unvaulted nyx just why if they wanted rhino unvaulted they could've gine with the relics that had him paired with mag if i remember right.

I think more frames need to be perma unvaulted in the game like valkyr and nyx to help with the unvault nonsense might as well chuck frost in ember somewhere in the game since we all are sick of them showing up every year. Why not deimos on the derelict ships? It be like old times where ember was there for some reason during the void key days

On 2021-08-15 at 1:55 PM, Krankbert said:

Not quite, was July 2019. I remembered because they came out not long after I started playing.

DE Where Mag?

On 2021-08-17 at 11:35 AM, Dreadlox said:

Why is vaulting still a thing? I mean The Tier Void Keys era it can be understanded, but nowdays relics got A-Z names and most of them got the same common. I know Money and sh*t but come on.

Vaulting is a thing for fairly good reason. Take the items away from the game's loot tables for a few months, re-introduce them later when new players might have joined and will not have been able to get them on their own, and release a shortcut to getting them (prime access). It's a decent marketing scheme, maybe not refined, but I don't know how they could make it better.

The only way it's bad that I see is that they unvault some things so often that older players will have many multiples to sell to new players even by just regularly playing without farming specifically for them. Even accounting for Baro prime sink, the only way this specific prime access is attractive at all is the accessories. New players can sell ayatans/rivens from sorties and get a rhino set easily from players.

I mean look at the listings on warframe.market alone. Even ignoring the two top results for amounts of rhino prime sets as the user has 0 reputation..

And let's say each of the listings are just old and not updated and about half of each listing is left in stock.

That leaves 177 rhino prime sets in stock from 8 players, and there are maaaaany more listings with less stock.

XhipMqe.png

On 2021-08-15 at 2:28 AM, RoninFive said:

Anyone else feel like the nyx & rhino unvaultings are getting out of hand? I think this is the 4th they were unvaulted. Feels disproportional with other primes.

Edit:

Rhino is definitely getting special interest here. Nyx, Mag and Loki are close seconds. Ember and Frost have been released twice, everything else on the list was only unvaulted once.

Yeah nop, your math is not quite there. Mag+Nova .Trinity+ Nova . Trinity Loki and Ash where given away for free not long ago. 

Am 15.8.2021 um 03:28 schrieb RoninFive:

Edit:

Rhino has been unvaulted more often than Primes that were released years later? No S#&$. Rhino was already unvaulted twice before Zephyr was vaulted in the first place. That’s not „special interest“, that’s just how time works.

On 2021-08-18 at 11:19 PM, samaban said:

Yeah nop, your math is not quite there. Mag+Nova .Trinity+ Nova . Trinity Loki and Ash where given away for free not long ago. 

True I didn't account for promotions / drops etc, only unvaultings as the topic suggests.

@Krankbert I get you but rhino was not the first prime, Frost Mag and Ember were primed before it, in 2013. Frost is 2 times unvaulted vs 4 of Rhino, Mag is 3 times, fair, and Ember is 2 times once more. Rhino reaches 4 unvaultings while Frost and Ember that were released before it are only at two.

Again, yes, not including drops and promotions, only unvaultings.

lmao i'm actually surprised that mag is one of the top most unvaulted frame

ironic since she's also one of the rarer frame at the moment

i guess we can learn from that chart that "balance" is not something that DE after with the unvaulting system

Am 22.8.2021 um 20:04 schrieb RoninFive:

True I didn't account for promotions / drops etc, only unvaultings as the topic suggests.

@Krankbert I get you but rhino was not the first prime, Frost Mag and Ember were primed before it, in 2013. Frost is 2 times unvaulted vs 4 of Rhino, Mag is 3 times, fair, and Ember is 2 times once more. Rhino reaches 4 unvaultings while Frost and Ember that were released before it are only at two.

Again, yes, not including drops and promotions, only unvaultings.

Your numbers are off. According to the Wiki Frost has been unvaulted five times by my count, not including the giveaway, and Ember four times.

On 2021-08-15 at 2:28 AM, RoninFive said:

Edit:

Why does it matter how many times a frame has been unvaulted? Why would anyone care which frame got unvaulted 5 years ago? Wukong has been unvaulted zero times - does that mean he should go next?

Surely, the sensible measurement would be "how long ago were the frame's relics available in-game outside of trading"? That would actually point at something tangible - availability of the frame to players. The "number of unvaultings" statistic might be of historical interest, but it really does not contain any useful information!

Mag has indeed been unvaulted 3 times - but the last time was well over 2 years ago! And every other prime frame has been available in-game since then! So what impacts players more - the fact Mag has been unvaulted many times in the past or that the frame is extremely hard to obtain these days?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-08-24 at 2:24 PM, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Why does it matter how many times a frame has been unvaulted? Why would anyone care which frame got unvaulted 5 years ago? Wukong has been unvaulted zero times - does that mean he should go next?

Surely, the sensible measurement would be "how long ago were the frame's relics available in-game outside of trading"? That would actually point at something tangible - availability of the frame to players. The "number of unvaultings" statistic might be of historical interest, but it really does not contain any useful information!

Mag has indeed been unvaulted 3 times - but the last time was well over 2 years ago! And every other prime frame has been available in-game since then! So what impacts players more - the fact Mag has been unvaulted many times in the past or that the frame is extremely hard to obtain these days?

i concede your point in its theory, and maybe the source i had where i counted the unvaultings as off, but are you suggesting rhino is hard to obtain? because i wasnt dissing mag unvaulting here, to be clear.

7 hours ago, RoninFive said:

i concede your point in its theory, and maybe the source i had where i counted the unvaultings as off, but are you suggesting rhino is hard to obtain? because i wasnt dissing mag unvaulting here, to be clear.

I am suggesting that the whole idea of counting the number of times a frame has been unvaulted is rather silly - as the number has no practical significance! And posting a table of those numbers to justify your argument only devalues whatever point you are trying to make.

The fact that Nyx and Rhino were both unvaulted 3 times before (at least according to your numbers) has absolutely no bearing on whether or not this unvaulting is reasonable. The main problem with the current prime vault is that Nyx wasn't in the vault to begin with! You could even see this in DE's streams, since very time they mention the prime vault they feel the need to justify why it is ok for Nyx to be included in it!

As far as frames being hard to obtain goes - frames tend to get harder to obtain the longer they have been in the vault - So before this unvaulting, Rhino was approximately 4th harderst frame to obtain blueprints for - after Mag, Hydroid and Loki (might need to adjust a bit for popularity - and Rhino is quite popular!). Depending on the platform, this may still not be very hard - but these things are relative! Go browse the Switch version of the Market at some point - you'll find that educational!

Considering the time inside the vault and the fact Loki and Hydroid were dropped at the last two Tennocons, an optimal prime vault would have been Rhino and Mag. Not because of the number of times they were unvaulted - but because of how long they've been unavailable in-game!

Treating the symptoms is fruitless, the unvaulting schedule needs to be bumped up to three per season, or something totally new and more interesting, like making old relic farm more featured in specific old content to boost engagement.

Are they still featuring unvaulted relics in bounties? That was a good one. 

Archived