Anti-AoE Enemies/Units

Joezone619

I had a thought for a new enemy, Anti-AoE enemies. Enemies that would be immune to AoE effects, and need to be hit directly to take damage.

This is mostly needed to encourage Precision weapons. Nowadays you just see people spamming AoE weapons and killing groups, thought maybe a couple of enemies that AoE doesn't work would be nice (and result in less kill stealing, which due to the new gun mods is in overabundance right now).

• Like 2

so what you're saying is, Enemies that some Weapons are effectively incapable of doing Damage to.
gee, isn't that a great way to encourage diversity. to make a certain Weapon class borderline useless in one fell swoop.

Nullifiers are already anti AoE and anti low Rate of Fire Weapon Enemies, anyways. anything that can't provide a lot of hits in a short timespan gets significantly penalized compared to others.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Joezone619 said:

kill stealing

If all the enemies die without giving you a chance to shoot at them,
does it actually matter that your Galvanized Mods etc are not spool'd up?

Warframe is a game where you may need to just let go sometimes if a Squad member brings an "effective" loadout
(rather than being a pure leech, urgh zero kill Trinities in ESO why are you like this),
let them have their fun, and just take it easy yourself, it's a co-op game, you don't need to view it as a competition.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

(rather than being a pure leech, urgh zero kill Trinities in ESO why are you like this)

Because it's the easiest way to level guns, DE made it this way, don't blame players for playing the game the intended way. :P

on the topic: some AoE weapons do very little damage on actual hit, so no, I'm very much against making them useless versus certain enemies.

3 hours ago, taiiat said:

so what you're saying is, Enemies that some Weapons are effectively incapable of doing Damage to.
gee, isn't that a great way to encourage diversity. to make a certain Weapon class borderline useless in one fell swoop.

Nullifiers are already anti AoE and anti low Rate of Fire Weapon Enemies, anyways. anything that can't provide a lot of hits in a short timespan gets significantly penalized compared to others.

While complete damage resistance is bad idea I think some weapon preference would be nice.

What I mean you have 3 weapons + Operator. Let's just take 2 weapons for simplicity.

You get AoE weapons that can melt enemies that are weaker but the enemies that the enemies that comes with group, e.g. 10. AoE weapon have harder time killing enemies that have more health (armor, hp, shield whatever).

On other hand some more powerful but slower weapon can easily kill strong enemies but have harder time killing weaker ones (there are too much enemies so you don't have too much time for killing each weaker enemy).

Both weapons can kill any enemies. It's just it's more efficient to pick right weapon.

Nothing stops you at 2 weapons but that's offtopic & mentioned in linked topic.

So you mean something like Knox, but worse?
The most annoying enemy in the game, who is usually the last one standing in defense missions?
A problem which is made worse by his eximus variant?
Hell no.

Knox, nullifiers, and energy drain eximus all need to be removed from this game, and enemies with outright IMMUNITY to anything are a sin.

Nox ignore most AoE damage.

Ancient healers can be a real pain if you are late with spotting them.

Arbitration drones are tough to take out with inaccurate AoE weapons.

Cold Eximus and nullifiers provide a big no-no shield that stops AoE weapons

This list isn't complete, but there are already example of such enemies. In general these enemies have one thing in common, a lot of people dislike their mechanics or they have been changed/nerfed to give a bit more ways to deal with them.

I could live with a bit more work on making enemies less susceptible to AoE if it also included a work-around. Say magnetic or blast procs lowering the AoE resistance.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

Nox ignore most AoE damage.

Ancient healers can be a real pain if you are late with spotting them.

Arbitration drones are tough to take out with inaccurate AoE weapons.

Cold Eximus and nullifiers provide a big no-no shield that stops AoE weapons

This list isn't complete, but there are already example of such enemies. In general these enemies have one thing in common, a lot of people dislike their mechanics or they have been changed/nerfed to give a bit more ways to deal with them.

I could live with a bit more work on making enemies less susceptible to AoE if it also included a work-around. Say magnetic or blast procs lowering the AoE resistance.

I wouldn't say Mag or Blast, as Magnetic already is Viral for shields, and Blast is on all AoE weapons innately just about. so there is no need to mod for it.

7 hours ago, Joezone619 said:

(and result in less kill stealing,).

So what I am hearing is, "I wanna kill too! I don't care if I waste everybody else's time, just let me have fun!"

Here's a lesson for you. It isn't your kill if you don't take it for yourself. The only time you need to be able to kill is when acquiring Liches/Sisters, but that's easy enough that you never should be on pubs for it anyway. 

9 hours ago, quxier said:

You get AoE weapons that can melt enemies that are weaker but the enemies that the enemies that comes with group, e.g. 10. AoE weapon have harder time killing enemies that have more health (armor, hp, shield whatever).

On other hand some more powerful but slower weapon can easily kill strong enemies but have harder time killing weaker ones (there are too much enemies so you don't have too much time for killing each weaker enemy).

Both weapons can kill any enemies. It's just it's more efficient to pick right weapon.

Nothing stops you at 2 weapons but that's offtopic & mentioned in linked topic.

if Players wanted to be efficient, they'd probably already be doing that, in a lot of cases. if there aren't groups of Enemies in front of you, something else other than AoE will probably Kill them faster just by sheer nature of AoE Weapons tending to be low on Fire Rate and high-ish in Reload. Et Cetera.