Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Rework

McBrainPrime

So this is part 2 to my "Possible Grendel buffs" post the reason why is because those buffs were to benefit me and the other solo Grendel players. This post will be to benefit the entire community so that Grendel will be at least a viable option for some full squad missions. Now to the changes

Passive- instead of armor his passive will give him 50% health for each enemy in his belly.

Reason: this passive is to synergize with hunters adrenaline/ rage and his new nourished armor. since these are going to be Grendel's main ways to gain energy while his 1 is active his passive should be something that helps instead. since these mods benefit from high health and low armor since the lower your armor and the higher health you have the more energy you get since the energy you gain is I believe calculated after the damage you've taken has been reduced.

Feast- Feast will no longer increase in damage the more enemies Grendel spits out but his energy drain will be reduced by 25%

Reason: Grendel's feast ability was his signature ability since his current gameplay is literally just eat and spit with his 1 so i decided to change that to justify the reduction of his energy drain and i probably don't have to give a reason for reducing his energy drain.

Nourish- Nourished armor will now give 20% damage reduction and energy conversion at base strength that also extends to his teammates. Recasting any of the nourish buffs while they are active will increase the power strength of the buff by 5% per cast (this cannot be affected by power strength but there is no strength cap), this will only last for as long as that specific buff is still active. the heal on nourish will also heal allies now

Reason: I'm not even going to try and sugar coat this Grendel's buffs are underwhelming you will rarely feel them unless your using his nourished strike to proc viral. So i decided to add a form of scaling to his buffs (a form of scaling that i believe has never been seen on a buff ability before), This is because I believe Grendel's concept is the frame of momentum which means he gets better the longer the missions last like a boulder rolling down a hill. And lastly I just wanted to give nourished armor something to do and so that people who don't want to use hunter's adrenaline or rage a sustainable source of energy. and as for the shared heal I am not sure if it applies to allies but i don't think it does so I'm including it to give Grendel more support capabilities.

Regurgitate- Regurgitate will now spit out all the enemies in your stomach into one ball of contorted flesh when you hold the button. The damage will gain the same scaling as the old feast and its explosion radius on hit will increase by 1 meter per enemy (does not scale with range mods). however its initial explosion radius will be lowered to 4 meters at base.

Reason: regurgitate was useless... and was suppose to be his main damage tool until the youtuber suggested Grendel's first round of buffs made it useless... so i am now making regurgitate a cannon of contorted meat which sounds more fun than a shot gun of partially digested flesh and bones. 

Pulverize-  Pulverize now temporarily stops Grendel energy drain from feast for 15 seconds at base duration, when the duration ends Grendel will slowly resume top returning to his regular energy drain rate.

Reason; the reason why I made pulverize a duration ability is so that Grendel will benefit from energy sources that he will usually not gain when a channeling ability is active so sources like zenurik energy dashes or energy pizzas. The reason that i also made it a channeling ability after the duration is so that players will not be forced out of pulverize just incase their using the catapult augment to most around the map. I also added the halting of his energy drain so that he can fully utilize his energy into building up his nourished stacks

I may change some parts of this in the future to clarify some points that i may have but these are my final suggestions on Grendel. since i have noticed that some people do like his design and his buffing potential but were just disgusted by his hunger for energy so i hope these changes will bring different play styles and will hopefully make his concept of being the warframe of momentum shine. 

Also here's a deluxe skin to further justify doing the rework ( https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/g40875/let_us_not_forget_this_unofficial_deluxe_skin_for/ ) sadly i dont know the original artist so I hope they see this post. Wait never i think i did ( https://www.artstation.com/artwork/Yak4KY ).

Archived