New-ish player

(PSN)Rayneff

Question

I played Warframe a long time ago when it was only on PC. It was quiet different then, from what I remember.

I believe I am now 20-30 hours in. I maxed out nidus and have a level 29 sevagog.

I enjoy nidus with the whole pull enemies and spam the line of maggots skill and morph. I feel a little lost though. I've been trying to do missions and move through the planets but, I feel I must be missing something. The junction fights are silly. My gun does almost nothing and I rely on melee by juggling them. 

I was wondering what is some fun, frea to play and why, and also what's everyones favorite kind of weapon 

Currently using the karak, kunai and dual heat blades.

I had used the boltor but I need to increase the projectile speed.

I'm not bored of the game I just feel maybe my choice of frame/weapons is hindering harder activities. Trying to get more Endo to level my mods to help too of course.

2 answers to this question

3 часа назад, (PSN)Rayneff сказал:

My gun does almost nothing

Common issue. As Gibsonx pointed out it is usually due to the modding. It's either some very inefficient mods are installed or right mods with too low level.

Karak is a fairly decent weapon and I imagine you don't have many problems with in normal missions. Specters are way more agile, so shooting them may prove to be difficult. If you happen to have mag, I may suggest trying to use her magnetize on those bastards. At the very least they shouldn't shoot back, just trying to spam you with abilities :D Also will help with boltor's projectile speed, bolt will be dragged into the bubble if missed by not too much. Anyways as the common wisdom goes - melee is just OP. So yeah, you can do better by hitting them over the head with a stick.

For any weapon recommendations we should know your MR first to be able to point you in the the direction of guns you can actually acquire either now or in the near future. I can assume you are MR3 based on your loadout. In that case you can try Strun or Burston in primary department, Aklato and (if you have resources for that) Sonicor in the secondary slot, in melees you should be able to grab Galatine, Gram or Nami Skyla. On MR4 you'll get access to Hek shotgun and some good melees like Redeemer and, if you have a clan, Nikana + Guandao. MR4 weapons are kinda costly from a new/starting player perspective though.

It isn’t equipment it is the mods. And Nidus is pretty good for the harder content. So look up where commonly used mods you are missing are and get them along with never ending endo. Early game you will go thru weapons for mr, keep the ones that quests give you (as they will have a catalyst installed) and just move on when the others hit 30.