Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I like void storms a lot more than void fissures

PopGligor

Okay, look I know void storms are a much less efficient way of farming relics... but I like them more.

First, there's no loading screens. I can spend 3 hours farming relics and not see a single loading screen. This is great, it helps immersion, it helps make me feel like gameplay is uninterrupted.

Second, the gameplay is more fun and varied. The void has a more material presence, there's railjack, archwing and on-foot gameplay, all mixed pretty well.

Third. This is a big one - VOID STORMS DO NOT FLICKER like void fissures. Go in an orokin void fissure and behold the epilepsy-triggering flickering. I was here during U19 when fissures came out, and I did see the people saying "the new lighting triggers my epilepsy". They didn't know what it was, but I knew - it was the void fissure flickering. Over the years I've made multiple threads about this flickering, how it is incredibly bad, how it doesn't add anything to the visuals of fissures other than making them flicker... which strains the eyes. I can't play fissures for more than 15 minutes at a time because it literally hurts my eyes. Void storms however - no flicker. At all. This is a huge improvement. Now if only DE would finally remove the ugly flickering from fissures, maybe they can also be a bit better.

So sure - I can hop in void fissure rescue and pop a relic a minute, or I can have fun and not destroy my eyes. I just like void storms a lot more than fissures.

i admit it's fun when it works but it's less efficient and takes a lot of time to open 1 relic, the name implies opening of many relics at the same time and if you tell about it to someone who is not familiar with warframe they tell you the same thing but it's somehow hard to design ui for it (nonsense excuse given in devstream) so i don't bother with it.

20 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

Okay, look I know void storms are a much less efficient way of farming relics... but I like them more.

First, there's no loading screens. I can spend 3 hours farming relics and not see a single loading screen. This is great, it helps immersion, it helps make me feel like gameplay is uninterrupted.

Second, the gameplay is more fun and varied. The void has a more material presence, there's railjack, archwing and on-foot gameplay, all mixed pretty well.

Third. This is a big one - VOID STORMS DO NOT FLICKER like void fissures. Go in an orokin void fissure and behold the epilepsy-triggering flickering. I was here during U19 when fissures came out, and I did see the people saying "the new lighting triggers my epilepsy". They didn't know what it was, but I knew - it was the void fissure flickering. Over the years I've made multiple threads about this flickering, how it is incredibly bad, how it doesn't add anything to the visuals of fissures other than making them flicker... which strains the eyes. I can't play fissures for more than 15 minutes at a time because it literally hurts my eyes. Void storms however - no flicker. At all. This is a huge improvement. Now if only DE would finally remove the ugly flickering from fissures, maybe they can also be a bit better.

So sure - I can hop in void fissure rescue and pop a relic a minute, or I can have fun and not destroy my eyes. I just like void storms a lot more than fissures.

Good for you.

Void storms are definitely more novel than that Void Fissure Capture mission you've run the 1000th time.

I've been trying to use them to get Ambassador parts. And I earned quite a lot of Intrinics. I'm rank 10 in almost everything (I won't rank Gunnery to 10 though!).

For endurance missions, Railjack is very punishing. You either stay for a long time, or you're punished by eating the wasted overhead time setting up the mission (disable priority targets, kill crewships, etc..). I try to stay 1+ hours.

EDIT: BTW, you're also punished in Railjack endurance by only getting Void Traces for the very first cracked relic. Not sure about corrupted holokeys (don't really care yet!).

I'd like them a lot more if DE did 3 things:

- made holokeys a guaranteed drop, rather than potentially wasting hours doing Veil Missions only to get nothing. I'm aware they're changing Veil missions to give 10 keys instead of 6, but that's not good enough when RNG is still involved.

- nerfed the damage or radius on Void Sink blasts: I shouldn't be punished by a random hazard for taking a squish frame if I want. if I get shot and killed by enemies, that's on me, but suddenly being surrounded by Void sinks and getting blown up for no reason is ridiculous honestly.

- made it so you can unlock multiple relics at once. it wouldn't even be that hard to implement: you can stack up to 5 relics of the same Era of your choice, and instead of the regular enemies, only corrupted spawn, endlessly, in large numbers: once you unlock the first relic you can keep picking up reactant until all 5 relics are unlocked simultaneously at the end of the mission/rotation. 

fix all of these things and Void Storms would be just as worthwhile as fissures IMO.

16 minutes ago, Hawk1911 said:

You think that they flicker less then fissures?! I find that storms flash and flicker far more, I mean DE even had to reduce the effect when they first dropped.

I'm not talking about the amount of effects. That's not a problem. Void fissures have a unique effect that causes the gamma of your entire screen to flicker.

This goes on through the entire run. Most people don't consciously notice it, but it is there and it hurts the eyes. I shot this in a dark tileset years ago. In bright tilesets it is much, much worse, as it causes the entire screen to glare up. I really don't understand how people haven't raised their voices over this effect yet. I'd understand if it was necessary, but it isn't. It's just ugly.

55 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

Then RJ going through, I assume, Void is... not loading scrreen. Great to knows. /sarcasm

57 minutes ago, PopGligor said:

And here I'm shooting using guns, shooting using Slingshot, press x to hack, press X to enter (in case of Slingshot failure). Have I forgotten about something... oh yeah, L > Click slinghost-icon > move to Slingshot > press X > Click/Hold.

i'm not susceptible to flashes, but i can appreciate that Video Games tend to... not think about it and use them often.

anyways, i do agree. Void Storms are less repetitively boring than Void Tears, even though they're still not exactly super unique.
there's more variety to what you can do in the Mission. and yes, less Loading Screen spamming. while it's clearly still there, the game atleast hides the Loading Screen.
the actual presence of ""the Void"" absolutely helps it feel atleast a little bit different from normal Missions.

or in short, it's not quite as boring, yeah.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

- made it so you can unlock multiple relics at once. it wouldn't even be that hard to implement: you can stack up to 5 relics of the same Era of your choice, and instead of the regular enemies, only corrupted spawn, endlessly, in large numbers: once you unlock the first relic you can keep picking up reactant until all 5 relics are unlocked simultaneously at the end of the mission/rotation. 

i'll certainly take more unique differences that make it less of "just the same old Mission, but again".

I like them, but I suspect this sentiment won't last when I run out of things to multitask it with.

So far, getting a decent credit payout, often decent endo payout, decent intrinsics, while grinding sevagoth, holokeys, the latest prime, the ambassador (decent mech xp farming there too), etc etc all at once feels pretty nice for the time invested (+ the novelty).

But today, I'm only missing a single prime part, nautilus and a mountain of holokeys, and for each of these marks that I've checked, going there feels a little less exciting each time. When I finally get to only be missing holokeys, it's gonna be much harder to push myself to go there only for this one thing.

7 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I'd like them a lot more if DE did 3 things:

- made holokeys a guaranteed drop, rather than potentially wasting hours doing Veil Missions only to get nothing. I'm aware they're changing Veil missions to give 10 keys instead of 6, but that's not good enough when RNG is still involved.

- nerfed the damage or radius on Void Sink blasts: I shouldn't be punished by a random hazard for taking a squish frame if I want. if I get shot and killed by enemies, that's on me, but suddenly being surrounded by Void sinks and getting blown up for no reason is ridiculous honestly.

fix all of these things and Void Storms would be just as worthwhile as fissures IMO.

Seconded, on all fronts here, especially the void sink nonsense. I end up taking Hildryn out with me because I'm so bored with being randomly wasted by this void nonsense when I take someone else.

I prefer them as well just because I don't enjoy going through the dedicated Credit and Endo farms in the game. Being able to get both plus cracking relics is a huge bonus for only being slightly slower than regular Fissures.

Archived