Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Open World

vanaukas

This is just conjecture, but I believe that DE hasn't done everything they wish to do to flesh out or polish Cambion Drift and Orb Vallis (RIP Third Orb plans). Hopefully after The New War, the team gets some time to buff out this and other QoL improvements over old content before the next ambitious thing.

15 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

Probably talked before but would you like to play sorties in Cambion Drift and Orb Vallis? Personally I would like it a lot, I don't eve understand why they haven't been added yet, since Plains of Eidolon are used.

Many potato pc owners i carried on my back was able to somehow play on plains but not on orb i dont know how about cambion

And on top of that i think its related more to progression quests+unlocked nodes

42 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Many potato pc owners i carried on my back was able to somehow play on plains but not on orb i dont know how about cambion

The Orb Vallis is the biggest one, while Cambion Drift is the smallest open world so that one should work for them.

5 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

wait, I thought there already was free roam sorties? sure I've seen Plains of Eidolon pop up in Vay Hek sorties before...

Yep but only on PoE, this is why I was asking for opinions on the other 2. Personally I would love to have them!

18 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

Would be nice to get the other open worlds, also add Lua spy back I'm pretty sure it can't show up

I think lua spy was taken out cause they always was really long load times when that popped up.

But yeah i want the other open world to pop up just to use everything in the game also infested salvage needs to be sortue viable it's an okay mode

Personally, I already skip any Plains of Eidolon sorties because they are just too likely to fail for reasons that are beyond my control.  Like it wants me to find some item in a short time limit, but it doesn't clearly specify whether it's in the overworld or underground, or we're trying to "control" a huge area and there are some dudes tucked in a corner that we can't find so we just lose.  I just find it frustrating and I don't want to subject myself to it anymore.

That said, if I recall the Deimos missions don't seem to have these issues?  I can't remember if there was anything like that in the Orb Vallis.  I suppose my only real hesitance is that if I am forgetting even one bounty that sucks to do, having a chance to get it in the sortie is going to make me just not want to play the Sortie on those days.  I'd feel a lot more confident if they did a pass on the Plains bounties to offer more guidance to players.

On 2021-08-15 at 7:30 PM, Leo.doodling said:

The Orb Vallis is the biggest one, while Cambion Drift is the smallest open world so that one should work for them.

Smallest doesn't mean less complex. The geometry is sprawling all over the place, and nearly every single step there's at least 3 different kinds of particles or visual effects going on

Seeing that still PoE sortie missions have problems, I'd rather they delay the addition of the other open worlds as part of sorties.

When I say problems I mean from the simplest one of long loading times to failed incursions for no apparent reason, to awful spawning rates of Grineer when a certain number of them killed is needed, to weird placement of resource caches to find. Also, Lotus still wanting to start a new incursion after the whole series of 3 needed is already complete (what's up with that?)

It's not entirely an unplayable mess (and I rather enjoy the open world aspects like being able to use the Necramech) but not exactly great.

Archived