Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flak Cannon

Doom_Bunny

As of Live stream 17 the flak cannon was introduced as an upcoming weapon. As an experienced gamer and Unreal Tournament fan (as in I have the whole collection), I know that the gaming flak cannon was and still is Unreal's "baby" and it continuesly remains to be endorsed by Unreal. Now days in almost every game owned by Unreal there is some sort of flak cannon involved.

So I was wondering what does the community think that the people at Warframe could bring to the flak cannon that would be original for Unreal's baby.

So I was wondering what does the community think that the people at Warframe could bring to the flak cannon that would be original for Unreal's baby.

I'm presuming you talk of the Corpus shotgun? Not seen the Livestream yet.

If so, the charging mechanic, Unreal had flak and the lob alt-fire.

Sounds like this is flak, or focused shot (maybe even with graidents).

It could be quite a variable weapon rather than two fire modes like the flak cannon.

A few Tenno, including myself, totally called this thing a while back.

A Corpus/energy shotty with a charge mechanic for reduced spread, (and possibly more range), which was confirmed by Scott in the livestream.

I'm pretty excited for this.

well, your name starts with flack, so it doesn´t surprise me

flak cannons have been around long before video games existed 

so..

They didn't have anything like the acctual mobile Flak Cannon shotie. they did have something called the Flak 88. but other than that there havent been made a functioning Flak Cannon that acctualy works like the ones you see in games.

They didn't have anything like the acctual mobile Flak Cannon shotie. they did have something called the Flak 88. but other than that there havent been made a functioning Flak Cannon that acctualy works like the ones you see in games.

I concur ... Or at least I haven't heard of any portable handheld flak cannons yet.

I do have heard about a prototype though but it was scrapped after discovering that recoil alone would split a mans shoulder open.

So they devised panzerfausts, bazookas and no recoil alternatives.

Few things to that shotgun. I heard that it uses nano spores. DE you seriously are master of disappointment. Grineer weapons should use alloy plates and ferrite. Synapse and Djinn should require nano spores instead of salvages.

But I do love to see this weapon coming.