Jump to content

Frail Momentum - Shotgun Spazz, one makes absolutely no sense, guess which one!


iHeuksal
 Share

Recommended Posts

As the current mods getting updated, it seems like that only meta-related ones getting pushed higher. I get that Melee had to be nerfed (by like 200%, for whatever bloody reason, instead of buffing firearms to an equal level instead of buffing like 25-50% compared to the strength we got right now ... but whatever, right?), but this half-a**ed updates to mods, which are suffering since their introduction to the mod palette, is just beyond common sense.

 

I am a shotty user for quite a long time. Vaykor Hek is one of my fav shotguns, yet I never had the need of using Frail Momentum

pgpEmmx.png

As you can see here, it is very much inferior to an uncommon mod (lets call it common/regular, as Shotgun Spazz mods dropping hell a lot) and that rare one is even stated as a corrupted mod.

This does no justice and needs to be buffed. Something like 120-200% fire rate with excluding the combination possibility of using Frail and Spazz at the same time (as there are probably no one using both mods in a setup, as the round capacity of most shotguns are way too low for this being anyway effective), but without nerfing Shotgun Spazz, I repeat, before someone swings thinks about nerfing, Shotgun Spazz needs no nerf DE.

Alright.

Edited by iHeuksal
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It does seem odd. I'd be up for nerfing Spazz to something like 70% and reducing its cost, or buffing Frail and increasing its cost (not a fan of excluding combinations, since a Boar Buzzsaw sounds pretty funny)

edit: Oh wait, did I say nerf? I mean... balance 😋

Edited by (NSW)Greybones
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, iHeuksal said:

Shotgun Spazz needs no nerf DE.

Bold of you to assume DE won't do that. Isn't the rifle and secondary equivalent +60% Fire Rate? Looks like you just called the balance hammer again.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually, I think they're not going to nerf Shotgun Spazz. If anything, they might just buff Frail Momentum kinda like how Critical Deaccelaration was. A few corrupted mods need some love, and that's one of them. We've been seeing a trend of buffing Corrupted Mods, so maybe that trend will hold true here too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am not quite sure why you guys think frail momentum needs a buff... i mean.. you can use both mods together right? For a total of 180% fire rate. Seems like frail momentum was designed to be paired with shotgun spazz to me, not used in place of it. Would i designate two slots to fire rate? Most of the time no way. But who knows... maybe someone wants that 180% fire rate.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Leqesai said:

I am not quite sure why you guys think frail momentum needs a buff... i mean.. you can use both mods together right? For a total of 180% fire rate. Seems like frail momentum was designed to be paired with shotgun spazz to me, not used in place of it. Would i designate two slots to fire rate? Most of the time no way. But who knows... maybe someone wants that 180% fire rate.

That's a fair take: it's not competitive, it's complementary.  Use two slots to trade some straight damage and sustained damage for lots and lots of burst if you want.   Slots are limited and it comes with drawbacks for ammo economy and recoil, so very few people will do so.  But the option is there.

OTOH, I think what bothers the OP is that Anemic Agility and Vile Acceleration are -both- competitive and complementary, because they  have the same bonuses as Frail Momentum but their equivalent pure RoF mods are only 72% or less.  So those mods end up being dps increases, albeit with potential drawbacks and conditions.  

To me, that's a more interesting situation.  So personally, I  think it makes sense for Frail Momentum get  a stronger bonus, although it would only need to be 110 or 115  to have value. 

But I'm not offended by the current situation either.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

That's a fair take: it's not competitive, it's complementary.  Use two slots to trade some straight damage and sustained damage for lots and lots of burst if you want.   Slots are limited and it comes with drawbacks for ammo economy and recoil, so very few people will do so.  But the option is there.

OTOH, I think what bothers the OP is that Anemic Agility and Vile Acceleration are -both- competitive and complementary, because they  have the same bonuses as Frail Momentum but their equivalent pure RoF mods are only 72% or less.  So those mods end up being dps increases, albeit with potential drawbacks and conditions.  

To me, that's a more interesting situation.  So personally, I  think it makes sense for Frail Momentum get  a stronger bonus, although it would only need to be 110 or 115  to have value. 

But I'm not offended by the current situation either.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

Shotgun mods, in general, have some weird numbers that are inconsistent with primary/secondary mods. Blunderbuss is only 90% crit, Blaze gives base damage and fire damage etc.

It would be nice if everything were homogenous but I think the shotgun playground is simply different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Would have been relevant in the past when the Kohm status chance worked differently

for wanting to spool up as fast as possible

now though the SC gets divided as the pellets increase, so there's much less benefit

The status chance gets divided by number of pellets? Are you sure about that? As far as i know this is how it used to work but when they changed status on shotguns you are always modding for the sc of each pellet regardless of number of pellets.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-08-17 at 4:54 PM, Leqesai said:

I am not quite sure why you guys think frail momentum needs a buff... i mean.. you can use both mods together right? For a total of 180% fire rate. Seems like frail momentum was designed to be paired with shotgun spazz to me, not used in place of it. Would i designate two slots to fire rate? Most of the time no way. But who knows... maybe someone wants that 180% fire rate.

DE's been disfavoring this sort of stacking recently (which is why the corrupted crit mods went up to +200% chance with a downside), so stuff like the corrupted RoF and damage mods getting a similar pass wouldn't be a bad thing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MJ12 said:

DE's been disfavoring this sort of stacking recently (which is why the corrupted crit mods went up to +200% chance with a downside), so stuff like the corrupted RoF and damage mods getting a similar pass wouldn't be a bad thing.

This is a good point. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MJ12 said:

DE's been disfavoring this sort of stacking recently (which is why the corrupted crit mods went up to +200% chance with a downside), so stuff like the corrupted RoF and damage mods getting a similar pass wouldn't be a bad thing.

Somewhat different in this case though, since, unlike crit, increasing RoF has drawbacks.  So, less reason to make RoF mods mutually exclusive as a sanity check.

Although I don't think they had to make the corrupted crit mods exclusive anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Somewhat different in this case though, since, unlike crit, increasing RoF has drawbacks.  So, less reason to make RoF mods mutually exclusive as a sanity check.

Although I don't think they had to make the corrupted crit mods exclusive anyway.

Players already face opportunity costs when stacking the same stat.

Of course, Fire Rate is one of the less desirable damage multipliers like Faction Damage as they come with actual stipulations.

Edited by DealerOfAbsolutes
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Players already face opportunity costs when stacking the same stat.

Absolutely.    But the contrast with crit I was making was...

2 hours ago, DealerOfAbsolutes said:

Fire Rate is one of the less desirable damage multipliers

...due to it's stipulations/drawbacks.  This makes artificial restrictions on its stacking less needed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-08-20 at 4:59 AM, (PSN)Spider_Enigma said:
On 2021-08-18 at 4:31 AM, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I remember when I asked DE for a Gara glass toggle. How naive I was back then.

so its ur fault?

Depends on how you see it. If you were to ask someone to give you an egg and they threw an egg at you, would it be your fault?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...