Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I buy with 75% off market coupon

hazza1834

Question

20 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

For me this generally means getting a Deluxe skin (just the skin, not the bundle) for a Warframe I like playing.

Which do you recommend that the items in the bundle don’t matter? I’m between the Vauban Citadel or Volt Proto 

For anyone considering this same question, I recommend the Amesha archwing. It needs a pretty massive amount of resources for research + foundry. It's usually considered the best archwing, so you're going to want one sooner or later, and you're going to want the reactor that it comes with too.

Buying a color pallete is a good idea if you don't have one.

I'm sitting on another of these coupons now. I will probably have to buy whatever weapon costs the most cryotic or oxium to save myself farming troubles. Not sure what that is yet.

how about buying the Hema? https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Hema

It's what I bought years ago with my first 75% drop. No regrets.

why?

because its a weapon that unless you join a big established clan, you are Not going to get for a Very Long Time.

and its actually quite good, bypassing the MR requirement and getting it early can carry you through much of the StarChart

it has Innate Viral damage which opens up some Unusual Elemental Combos, you can mod it into Viral+Corrosive+Heat to absolutely destroy Grineer, or Viral+Magnetic+Toxin to absolutely destroy Corpus.

it also consumes no ammo, has a unique mechanic where reloads cost health, but headshots Heal You. meaning you can actually use it to heal if you get good at headshots.

Whatever you do, don't pay to skip playing the game. 

Or at least do it after you try the grind yourself and decide that you don't want to spend anymore time doing it.

Also, punch the people who recommend you buying lenses.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

PC and consoles get different coupons.  PC coupons give a discount in the amount of real-world money it costs to buy platinum, console coupons give a discount on the amount of platinum it costs to buy a single item.  OP is on console so buying discounted platinum is not an option for them.

oohhhh.....okie dokie then.

i guess that somewhat makes up for pc users not being able to buy some things with plat at all? plat is overall less useful so we can get discounts on it...maybe??

i dont know.

3 hours ago, cha0sWyrM said:

the only thing i would ever buy with a 75% off coupon is more plat.

PC and consoles get different coupons.  PC coupons give a discount in the amount of real-world money it costs to buy platinum, console coupons give a discount on the amount of platinum it costs to buy a single item.  OP is on console so buying discounted platinum is not an option for them.

9 minutes ago, (NSW)hazza1834 said:

Which do you recommend that the items in the bundle don’t matter? I’m between the Vauban Citadel or Volt Proto 

Technically none of them "matter" since all the items in these bundles are cosmetics; because of that, it's really just about which ones you like and feel like you'd use.  And perhaps more importantly, would you be willing to pay all of the platinum to get the bundle?  If you won't ever buy the bundle, it ends up being a non-issue.  That's the boat I'm in; there's only one Deluxe Bundle I ever bought (Zephyr's) and I won't be buying the others because it's just not worth it to me.  So when I get 75% off coupons I generally just get another one of the Deluxe skins I because I'll never buy the bundle anyway.

If you want my subjective preference, I think the Vauban deluxe skin is cooler than the Volt deluxe skin, because the Vauban one has moving parts if I remember right.  But my spouse loves the Volt deluxe skin.  Just go with whichever one you think will bring you the most joy, and if you really love them both, don't worry...someday you'll get another 75% off coupon and you can get the other one then.

4 minutes ago, TennoSimons said:

Awwww, gotcha. PC player here. Didn't know that. Wonder what will happen when x-save hits. 

I'm wondering too. There's a number of different issues that DE will need to officially rule on.

Until then, I just keep checking on Darvo in the relays because he has great deals occationaly. 90% off of Vauban with a potato and slot included is a steal-- whoa...I, I mean deal. It's such a deal!

25 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

From what I've heard, these coupons only exist on consoles.  PC instead has coupons that give you a discount on buying platinum I believe?  They are randomly given as your daily login reward.

23 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

Players on PC get coupons usable towards platinum purchase.

Players on Consoles get a coupon towards any single, non-tennogen, non-bundle, non-slot item.

Awwww, gotcha. PC player here. Didn't know that. Wonder what will happen when x-save hits. 

19 minutes ago, (NSW)hazza1834 said:

Idk what to buy. Some people recommend the eidolon lenses but I’m not sure if that’s a bang for my buck. I only have 55p rn so I can’t even buy ash for mastery fodder. 

If you have enough time, try selling some of your surplus possesions. You should be able to get enough for Ash soon. Good luck Tenno

If you're going to buy something with Platinum, I recommend buying something that you can't earn in-game.  For me this generally means getting a Deluxe skin (just the skin, not the bundle) for a Warframe I like playing.

If you don't have a syndanna you like yet, I'd recommend that.  Nothing enhances the feel of Warframe's fast movement like a flowing syndanna trailing behind you!

7 minutes ago, TennoSimons said:

How do you get a 75 percent off market coupon? 

I myself would definitely buy Grendel, I think. Having a tough time farming him. 

Players on PC get coupons usable towards platinum purchase.

Players on Consoles get a coupon towards any single, non-tennogen, non-bundle, non-slot item.

7 minutes ago, (NSW)hazza1834 said:

Idk what to buy. Some people recommend the eidolon lenses but I’m not sure if that’s a bang for my buck. I only have 55p rn so I can’t even buy ash for mastery fodder. 

If I were you, with 55p, I would just save the 55p until you have more so that the next time I get a 75% coupon I would use it on something where I could get more out of the coupon. I use the 75% on frames I don't wish to farm for again. But it's your credits, entirely up to you. It's not always the best thing to rush and buy something when they throw a 75% coupon or any coupon for that matter at you. They're just trying to create a limited time spending urge on the player. 

Archived