Jump to content

Vornm, the Grineer Warframe (Concept)


ElecDeathblade
 Share

Recommended Posts

Codex: Experience the firepower of the Grineer with this master of weaponry.

Sex: Female

Health: 500 (1500 at R30)

Shield: 0

Armor: 425 (650 at R30)

Energy: 100 (200 at R30)

Sprint Speed: 0.85

Aura Polarity: None

Exilus Polarity: None

Polarities: 2 Vazarin, 1 Madurai

Themes: Military, Gunner, Weapon Master

Progenitor Element: Impact

 

Passive:

Vornm gets stronger the more time she fires her weapons, gaining extra 0.5% armor for each shot with a weapon with high fire rate (over 2.00) and extra 1% armor for each shot with a weapon with low fire rate (under 2.00) to a maximum to 100% extra armor. This buff starts decreasing when she stops shooting for a second, losing at a rate of 2% per second.

Vornm gets extra 50% ammo for her primaries, secondaries and archguns.

 

Abilities:

Heavy Munitions (25 energy, subsumable): Vornm energizes her weapons for 30 seconds. This will double the ammo consumption of them and make them deal 50% more damage and adds 25% critical chance and 25% status chance to them. Weapons fired while Heavy Munitions is active will double her passive, gaining 1% armor with a weapon with high fire rate and 2% armor with a weapon with low fire rate.

Napalm Grenade (50 energy): Vornm throws a grenade that explodes when making contact with a surface or enemy, leaving napalm in a 5 meters area. Enemies affected by the napalm will catch on fire and lose their defenses when they get damaged by any source, losing 5% defenses by each tick of damage they receive. Damage by a weapon buffed with Heavy Munitions will make the enemy lose 15% defenses per hit.

Inflatable Barrier (50 energy): Vornm places an inflatable barrier in front of her. This barrier has 200% the health and armor of Vornm, the armor scaling with Vornm's passive. 5% of the damage that the barrier recieves will be converted into a healing aura that heals Vornm and her allies.

Varrak (100 energy): Vornm summons her exalted assault rifle, Varrak. Unlike other exalted weapons, Varrak doesn't drain energy, instead it has a single ammo clip that can't be regenerated by normal methods. Damage dealt with Varrak will make Vornm gain 2% armor and will be doubled to 4% armor if Heavy Munitions is active. Damage dealt to enemies affected by Napalm Grenade will drop scrap, that regenerates a single bullet to Varrak.

 

Varrak Stats:

Slot: Primary (Exalted)

Type: Rifle

Trigger Type: Auto-Spool

Ammo Type: None

Projectile Type: Hit-Scan

Noise Level: Alarming

Fire Rate: 15.00

Spool-Up Rate: 10

Accuracy: 25

Magazine Size: 500

Max Ammo: 0

Reload Time: N/A

Damage: 20 (9 Impact, 9 Puncture, 2 Slash)

Projectiles: 1 (20 damage per projectile)

Status Chance: 10%

Crit Chance: 35%

Crit Multiplier: 2.0x

Punch Through: 1 m

Exilus Polarity: Naramon

Polarities: Madurai

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, ElecDeathblade said:

Codex: Experience the firepower of the Grineer with this master of weaponry.

Sex: Female

Health: 500 (1500 at R30)

Shield: 0

Armor: 425 (650 at R30)

Energy: 100 (200 at R30)

Sprint Speed: 0.85

Aura Polarity: None

Exilus Polarity: None

Polarities: 2 Vazarin, 1 Madurai

Themes: Military, Gunner, Weapon Master

Progenitor Element: Impact

 

Passive:

Vornm gets stronger the more time she fires her weapons, gaining extra 0.5% armor for each shot with a weapon with high fire rate (over 2.00) and extra 1% armor for each shot with a weapon with low fire rate (under 2.00) to a maximum to 100% extra armor. This buff starts decreasing when she stops shooting for a second, losing at a rate of 2% per second.

Vornm gets extra 50% ammo for her primaries, secondaries and archguns.

 

Abilities:

Heavy Munitions (25 energy, subsumable): Vornm energizes her weapons for 30 seconds. This will double the ammo consumption of them and make them deal 50% more damage and adds 25% critical chance and 25% status chance to them. Weapons fired while Heavy Munitions is active will double her passive, gaining 1% armor with a weapon with high fire rate and 2% armor with a weapon with low fire rate.

Napalm Grenade (50 energy): Vornm throws a grenade that explodes when making contact with a surface or enemy, leaving napalm in a 5 meters area. Enemies affected by the napalm will catch on fire and lose their defenses when they get damaged by any source, losing 5% defenses by each tick of damage they receive. Damage by a weapon buffed with Heavy Munitions will make the enemy lose 15% defenses per hit.

Inflatable Barrier (50 energy): Vornm places an inflatable barrier in front of her. This barrier has 200% the health and armor of Vornm, the armor scaling with Vornm's passive. 5% of the damage that the barrier recieves will be converted into a healing aura that heals Vornm and her allies.

Varrak (100 energy): Vornm summons her exalted assault rifle, Varrak. Unlike other exalted weapons, Varrak doesn't drain energy, instead it has a single ammo clip that can't be regenerated by normal methods. Damage dealt with Varrak will make Vornm gain 2% armor and will be doubled to 4% armor if Heavy Munitions is active. Damage dealt to enemies affected by Napalm Grenade will drop scrap, that regenerates a single bullet to Varrak.

 

Varrak Stats:

Slot: Primary (Exalted)

Type: Rifle

Trigger Type: Auto-Spool

Ammo Type: None

Projectile Type: Hit-Scan

Noise Level: Alarming

Fire Rate: 15.00

Spool-Up Rate: 10

Accuracy: 25

Magazine Size: 500

Max Ammo: 0

Reload Time: N/A

Damage: 20 (9 Impact, 9 Puncture, 2 Slash)

Projectiles: 1 (20 damage per projectile)

Status Chance: 10%

Crit Chance: 35%

Crit Multiplier: 2.0x

Punch Through: 1 m

Exilus Polarity: Naramon

Polarities: Madurai

Don’t want to spoil anything but no regular faction can share a Warframe. They aren’t just guys in suits. They all share the same origin of creation, each one going down a different path. So there would need to be somewhat of an origin on how this frame became grineer based.
 

The origin I used was that he was the perfect war machine. A warframe with heavy artillery. But took severe damage in a war against the Grineer. Lost like a whole leg and arm. Parts of his main body. But barely still alive. The grineer saw him and decided to revive him with their cybernetic technology. Upgrading his artillery with their own. And warping his mind into making him believe the Tenno did this to him. 
 

Figured that would be the simplest way for DE to create a grineer based warframe. She could get a deluxe skin showing how she used to be before all that. Probably make her parts drop from Liches. If they wanted to. 

 

For her stats, this is how the multiplier goes when going from level 0 to 30:

health and shields increase by 3x.

energy increases by 1.5x.

Armor and speed remain the same. 


Her health is too high. As a grineer she would have like the highest armor of all frames. Grineer are known for their armor. Not their health. Infested are known for their health. So her stats would be closer to:

Health - 150(450 maxed)

Sheilds - 50(150 maxed)

Armor - 1,000, maybe higher.

Speed - 0.85

energy - 150(225 maxed)

That would be much closer and accurate. 
 

For her abilities I’m not gonna suggest anything as I’ve already made my own concept. So I’m not gonna try to convince others to copy my ideas. But grineer are known for their heavy artillery and physical strength. 
 

Just my opinion though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Don’t want to spoil anything but no regular faction can share a Warframe. They aren’t just guys in suits. They all share the same origin of creation, each one going down a different path. So there would need to be somewhat of an origin on how this frame became grineer based.
 

The origin I used was that he was the perfect war machine. A warframe with heavy artillery. But took severe damage in a war against the Grineer. Lost like a whole leg and arm. Parts of his main body. But barely still alive. The grineer saw him and decided to revive him with their cybernetic technology. Upgrading his artillery with their own. And warping his mind into making him believe the Tenno did this to him. 

Well, my idea was a Warframe that had origins in the faction in one way or another. Vauban was made to combat Corpus, Chroma was possesed by his sentient pelt, Nidus was basically made by a more raw infestation than other Warframes, Valkyr was broken by the Corpus, Revenant was possesed by an Eidolon and Protea was guarding Parvos as a specter. There's no Warframe connected to Grineer, so being that she was modified by them or she was made to combat them with their own weapons and strategies.

6 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

Her health is too high. As a grineer she would have like the highest armor of all frames. Grineer are known for their armor. Not their health. Infested are known for their health. So her stats would be closer to:

Health - 150(450 maxed)

Sheilds - 50(150 maxed)

Armor - 1,000, maybe higher.

Speed - 0.85

energy - 150(225 maxed)

That would be much closer and accurate. 

Well, I made her health high because I didn't wanted to give her any shields, as 99% of Grineer don't have shields, just health and armor. However, I could see her having lower health and the highest armor, but 450 at R30 is too low for a Warframe that wouldn't have shields or really low shields. Currently Grendel is the Warframe with the lowest shield values at 75 at R30 and he has 1050 health at that rank, so I would probably lower hear health around those levels, 950 at R30, if that meant having a ridicoulous amount of armor.

However, I don't think in my concept those really high armor values are needed, specially when her passive gives her free armor when shooting her weapons.

6 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

For her abilities I’m not gonna suggest anything as I’ve already made my own concept. So I’m not gonna try to convince others to copy my ideas. But grineer are known for their heavy artillery and physical strength. 

Well, my concept is partially based on a Heavy Gunner, specially when her exalted weapon is basically a roided version of a Gorgon. And that's heavy artillery on its finest.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, ElecDeathblade said:

Well, my idea was a Warframe that had origins in the faction in one way or another. Vauban was made to combat Corpus, Chroma was possesed by his sentient pelt, Nidus was basically made by a more raw infestation than other Warframes, Valkyr was broken by the Corpus, Revenant was possesed by an Eidolon and Protea was guarding Parvos as a specter. There's no Warframe connected to Grineer, so being that she was modified by them or she was made to combat them with their own weapons and strategies.

Well, I made her health high because I didn't wanted to give her any shields, as 99% of Grineer don't have shields, just health and armor. However, I could see her having lower health and the highest armor, but 450 at R30 is too low for a Warframe that wouldn't have shields or really low shields. Currently Grendel is the Warframe with the lowest shield values at 75 at R30 and he has 1050 health at that rank, so I would probably lower hear health around those levels, 950 at R30, if that meant having a ridicoulous amount of armor.

However, I don't think in my concept those really high armor values are needed, specially when her passive gives her free armor when shooting her weapons.

Well, my concept is partially based on a Heavy Gunner, specially when her exalted weapon is basically a roided version of a Gorgon. And that's heavy artillery on its finest.

SPOILER ALERT* All warframes are infested. You learn about that in the sacrifice quest. They all went down different paths afterwards, but they are all infested. They were all created by the Orokin. Umbra explains how it was done. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (PSN)chris1pat8twins said:

SPOILER ALERT* All warframes are infested. You learn about that in the sacrifice quest. They all went down different paths afterwards, but they are all infested. They were all created by the Orokin. Umbra explains how it was done. 

I know, I meant that Nidus, by how he looks and is, he's possibly made of a more raw, uncontrolled infestation compared to other Warframes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...