Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Alad V: How the are you supposed to deal with this guy?

Darthplagueis13

Question

Title says it. This absolute abomination feels utterly invincible to me. 90% of the time he is just outright immune to damage and during the rare times that he actually is vulnerable you are only allowed to break his shields before he immediately goes back to invincibility.

And it's not just that, he outright one-shots. He somehow completely ignores shieldgate (I reckon using toxin damage) and just delivers a jolly 700+ damage hit directly to your healthbar as soon as you are in his line of sight.

I know that he can become more vulnerable in multiplayer whilst casually hijacking a warframe which might one-hit your entire team if you get unlucky, but how are you supposed to deal with him solo? Am I missing something? Is there a super obvious "break his overpowered toy of doom and fight him on even ground" mechanic that I am utterly blind towards?

15 answers to this question

I just load him with hundreds of fire procs with a beam weapon, the second he becomes vulnerable he explodes. Works also with toxin and slash procs.

Another fun strategy i see used is using an equinox: you charge up maim really high on your way to the boss, and when he controls you maim is automatically discharged, killing him if you have stored enough damage.

If you don't want to cheese it a more legit strategy is using slow nova, giving you ample time to kill him during his attacks.

5 minutes ago, Am_Sha3gar said:

I just load him with hundreds of fire procs with a beam weapon, the second he becomes vulnerable he explodes. Works also with toxin and slash procs.

Another fun strategy i see used is using an equinox: you charge up maim really high on your way to the boss, and when he controls you maim is automatically discharged, killing him if you have stored enough damage.

If you don't want to cheese it a more legit strategy is using slow nova, giving you ample time to kill him during his attacks.

ahh the Equinox Suicide Bomber tactic is hilarious tbf. I liked Khora, Ivara and Valkitty methods I found. Entangle can give an opening when he's vulnerable to Whipclaw hard and that hurts. Ivara Prowl just at the start of his fight makes it AFK as he can't hit her. As for Valkitty it's good ol' Hysteria soon as he makes a move then hack him to death with whatever melee you have at the time

42 minutes ago, Butterfly85 said:

I keep magnetic procs on him at all times, means he cant regenerate sheilds while invulnerable.

Hate to say this, but if you think Starchart Mutalist is nasty, Steel Path will probably make you want to eat your keyboard in a rage.

Any pointers?

It's one of those sp missions that i managed to clear with my friends and never do it again.

Would like to know how people actually do it properly.

7 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Any pointers?

It's one of those sp missions that i managed to clear with my friends and never do it again.

Perseverance and a lot of swearing, to be honest. Did SP solo, loaded up my Kronen Prime with Magnetic and Toxin CO build. 

It was a grind but I eventually got him down. There's better ways to fight him but I've checked out of that node and fight for good after that.

1 hour ago, Butterfly85 said:

Perseverance and a lot of swearing, to be honest.

Was expecting for cheese so stink, I'd kick myself on the head for not figuring it out sooner.

That's my warframe experience in a nutshell:

- something is insanely overpowered I can't even put a dent on it while it constantly oneshotting me

*a couple good mods and cheese build later:

- i oneshot the thing without even trying. then i proceed to kick myself on the head for having so much trouble before.

But thanks for the answer, mate. Appreciate it.

29 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Was expecting for cheese so stink, I'd kick myself on the head for not figuring it out sooner.

That's my warframe experience in a nutshell:

- something is insanely overpowered I can't even put a dent on it while it constantly oneshotting me

*a couple good mods and cheese build later:

- i oneshot the thing without even trying. then i proceed to kick myself on the head for having so much trouble before.

But thanks for the answer, mate. Appreciate it.

Yeah, sorry, I just went for the dumb "Hit it with something pointy until it dies" strat for him. My main focus was preventing sheild regen.

I bet Zilchy will come along and give us something involving Nyx at some point 😂

9 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Any pointers?

I found a way to 1 shot him in Steel Path. Unairu focus to strip armour, Redeemer with High noon stance, built for crit dmg and combo and Mirage with max strength. Strip his armour by void dashing, stand in the tiny circle of light in front of where he spawns, use your normal fast attack on the infested to build quickly to 12x combo, activate Eclipse ability and then your Hall of Mirrors. When he throws the collar at one of your Dopplegangers, fire your heavy attack and kill him in 1 hit. The message from Teshin proves it's on SP for any disbelievers. 

aladv.png

Tried to do the status load method but didn't work for me. I got like 700-800 stacks of heat on him before running out of ammo but the first tick of damage would only take out maybe two thirds of his shields and immediately prompt him to go immune again. I guess I probably need more and better mods for my Ignis for that to work, since I haven't put any Forma or Potato in yet.

The only way I've managed to take him out so far is with Ivaras 4 which can punch through his shields and take out about a quarter to a third of his health with a headshot. My only issue with that method is that I usually run out of energy mid-fight.

6 hours ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

Tried to do the status load method but didn't work for me. I got like 700-800 stacks of heat on him before running out of ammo but the first tick of damage would only take out maybe two thirds of his shields and immediately prompt him to go immune again. I guess I probably need more and better mods for my Ignis for that to work, since I haven't put any Forma or Potato in yet.

The only way I've managed to take him out so far is with Ivaras 4 which can punch through his shields and take out about a quarter to a third of his health with a headshot. My only issue with that method is that I usually run out of energy mid-fight.

I have an Ivara with 750 Energy and her Prowl ticks down just around 1 point per second I'll give below for you:-

Energy Siphon, Preparation, Primed Vigor, Primed Flow, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality, Transient Fortitude, Hunter Adrenaline (if not using Hunter Mods on pet and/ or weapon can swap), Fleeting Expertise and Infiltrate.

All Mods max except- Primed Flow ;(R8), Umbral Intensify (R5), Umbral Vitality (R9) or Transient Fortitude (R8).

Energize and Rage Arcanes

If you activate Prowl only when facing Mutalist Alad V; it will last the fight just make sure your weapons are Silenced either naturally (I use a Daikyu as Primary and Ballistica Prime as Secondary) otherwise the weapon firing will break your Stealth.

My Operator is a Zenurik-focused one if that helps at all :p

11 hours ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

I got like 700-800 stacks of heat on him before running out of ammo but the first tick of damage would only take out maybe two thirds of his shields and immediately prompt him to go immune again. I guess I probably need more and better mods for my Ignis for that to work, since I haven't put any Forma or Potato in yet.

Fire Status stacks based on the magnitude of the first stack, so Weapons that hit harder per hit will generally stack Fire Status much more quickly than ones that go for low Damage high Rate of Fire.

11 hours ago, Darthplagueis13 said:

My only issue with that method is that I usually run out of energy mid-fight.

for context, the base Drain is 1 when not moving/attacking, 3 when you are.

you can reduce that to a minimum of 1/4 of the base value. the easiest way to do this is to use maximum Efficiency(40% Duration, 190% Efficiency), and then adding Duration back as you please afterwards.
so you can reduce these values to 0.25/sec, and 0.75/sec.

Archived