Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The "Pick a Invigoration" sucks pretty hard, can we get more options?

quietcanary

1 hour ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Wisp passive.

IMHO it's not "OP". It doesn't decrease your gravitation (not tested it with Motus mods or that moa). So it doesn't increase your time in the air too much.

On other hands "bunny hopping" (not sure about that term) where you can move to ground for short amount of time while still being invisible is still very good.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Wisp passive.

Wisp passive is consistent already with one jump. Adding more changes nothing. You are confusing fun or utility with actual power. Nobody is arguing for 24/7 choices either. You either didn't bother to read any of what was posted before you came or you are being intentionally ignorant. 

43 minutes ago, quietcanary said:

Wisp passive is consistent already with one jump. Adding more changes nothing. You are confusing fun or utility with actual power. Nobody is arguing for 24/7 choices either. You either didn't bother to read any of what was posted before you came or you are being intentionally ignorant. 

If you still need power in warframe, you need help or advice. 

"It takes 10 expensive invigorations to fill and you can end up receiving 5 jumps and 200% primary damage... on titania. Can we please get more chances at rolling if you don't want anything it provides? Perhaps just generate 3 and be allowed to pick one upon use? Or have it display what it will be before even spending resources on it, similiar to the other invigorations, it is just able to be used on any frame?

I don't know but this isn't even worth using in its current iteration. Don' t tell me its meant to be like this."

This is your original post, right? 

"Expensive invigorations":

These aren't expensive. If you're still new to the game and don't have excess resources, you need to play within your limits. The helminth isn't exactly for completely new people. 

"primary damage... on titania"

Was your ellipsis here trying to say that titania is a bad choice or something? What was your intent with this statement? Just in case, I don't want to assume something you didn't mean. Because I'm sure you're smart enough to know these are for all frames, whether you like them or not.

"please get more chances at rolling if you don't want anything it provides"

Oh....so you were asking for this? Is that correct? How many rolls would you like? I assume one isn't gonna be enough, as you seem to just be looking for the right buffs for the right frames you want right? That's not how it works and you've already been told this multiple times.

"Don' t tell me its meant to be like this."

It's meant to be like this. Use it or don't use it. 

31 minutes ago, (XBOX)Greenguy5000 said:

So exactly the same system as now? Or were you not talking about the 10th invigoration

I'm confused by what OP is asking as well. The 10th invigoration allows you to choose either the current 3 choices or you can hold for next week's 3 choices. Everything OP is asking for is already in the system.

My Hilariously train off the rails power creep isn’t stupid enough!  Fix it DE! 

If anything the invigorations should have just been memeish fun things like giving Titania jet pack hang times or Chroma quad jump or something goofy.   Do people REALLY need more power?  

1 hour ago, OmegaDonut said:

My Hilariously train off the rails power creep isn’t stupid enough!  Fix it DE! 

If anything the invigorations should have just been memeish fun things like giving Titania jet pack hang times or Chroma quad jump or something goofy.   Do people REALLY need more power?  

Agreed.  Though I still find them hilariously fun sometimes xD

Regardless, I don't even think it's that people "need" more power, at all...  I think the worst thing about all this is that these people feel ENTITLED to more power (or more ANYTHING, tbh).   It's a toxic attitude towards a game that already gives you everything for free, mandates nothing in return (save for playing it), and yet it's never "enough".

I know DE wants to incentivize people not using what they normally use, but numerical values alone are not the reason why there are 30 frames I don't use:

Just not my style.

I just reached Helminth mutation rank 15. Thus, I'm very unlikely to use the invigoration system ever again unless it happens to offer me a usable non-meme buff for a frame I already use.

7 hours ago, OmegaDonut said:

If anything the invigorations should have just been memeish fun things like giving Titania jet pack hang times or Chroma quad jump or something goofy.  

Do people REALLY need more power?  

It's little sarcastic but DE don't want you to have fun.... from some time at least. The last 2 frames are exactly like this - not fun or clunky to play. They give us stuffs that doesn't work with each other (any abilities with Xaku's Vast untime - no stop time OR on Yareli's Merulina - you cannot activate abilities), don't let us mod stuffs (Yareli's Merulina), making stuffs clunky to use (double jump instead of single jump and only one shoot of Exodia contagion; melee forward & standing is swapped... or even have weird combos; abilities turning off your sprint e.g. Vial rush or Hover etc).

Power... it's fine but sometimes you get things like 100% range on Xaku that let me see that more enemies disarmed with low duration would be nice. I couldn't do this comfortably because I don't have enough mod's slots in my config. And it's not "that powerful" either.

6 hours ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

Regardless, I don't even think it's that people "need" more power, at all...  I think the worst thing about all this is that these people feel ENTITLED to more power (or more ANYTHING, tbh).   It's a toxic attitude towards a game that already gives you everything for free, mandates nothing in return (save for playing it), and yet it's never "enough".

And yet game requires you to spend lot of time on some stuffs. In lot of cases that requires "power". If game toned down some grind then it would be better.

11 minutes ago, quxier said:

It's little sarcastic but DE don't want you to have fun.... from some time at least. The last 2 frames are exactly like this - not fun or clunky to play. They give us stuffs that doesn't work with each other (any abilities with Xaku's Vast untime - no stop time OR on Yareli's Merulina - you cannot activate abilities), don't let us mod stuffs (Yareli's Merulina), making stuffs clunky to use (double jump instead of single jump and only one shoot of Exodia contagion; melee forward & standing is swapped... or even have weird combos; abilities turning off your sprint e.g. Vial rush or Hover etc).

Power... it's fine but sometimes you get things like 100% range on Xaku that let me see that more enemies disarmed with low duration would be nice. I couldn't do this comfortably because I don't have enough mod's slots in my config. And it's not "that powerful" either.

And yet game requires you to spend lot of time on some stuffs. In lot of cases that requires "power". If game toned down some grind then it would be better.

1. Xaku is godly.  Dunno what you're talkin' about...

2. Yareli is fine.  Merulina doesn't NEED modding.. it's just a damage reduction ability that gives you a creature to surf.  It's not an ACTUAL K-Drive... just the inspiration FOR them... and having K-Drive mods on it wouldn't do squat for it, as none of them effect health, etc, to begin with.

3. You can use Yareli's abilities whilst on Merulina..  All of them work well enough for most content.  I've even taken her into Mot Survival on Steel Path with NO issues. None.  And didn't even change a single ability.

4. Bugs are bugs, and they exist in ANY game. Those aren't features.  DE didn't intentionally add bugs so you'd "have less fun", ffs.

5. There is NOTHING that requires a ton of power in Warframe.  NOTHING.  Certainly nothing that helps with farming (since you're poining out "spending alot of time on stuff", whatever else that'd imply..)  You have more than enough power without Helminth Invigorations to clear ALL the content in Warframe.  ALL of it.  

You know how I know?  Because EVERYONE who has beaten everything through SP prior to this update did so WITHOUT Helminth Invigorations as they DID NOT EXIST, lol

Invigorations are straight-up, randomized BUFFS with NO downsides in most cases.  If you see one you like, USE it.  If not, IGNORE it.  But it's not mandatory, as there is nothing at ALL in ALL of Warframe that requires you to use one.  They're just there for F U N for endgame players that want to mess around with them.

16 minutes ago, Hypernaut1 said:

It's random buffs. 

I had fun with my 200% strength Frost for a week. Cost me nothing

that's exactly my problem with this system, it's random. i can't count on it or work around it, it's completely out of control and i hate that.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Yea that's understandable. I don't know if I'll ever be able to play games with slow/restricted movement after this.

exactly, i'm used to certain things being certain ways and i like it that way.

35 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Thats a "you" problem not a system problem.

it's a me problem and i decided to skip this system completely and solved it.

2 hours ago, Redfeather75 said:

I did two the first two weeks, and now can't even be assed to walk to the room to check on sundays or whenever it resets.

Same for me. But... Time will come when I'll decide to shake things up a little, take cobwebs off some least used frame. Then I'll go check on Helminth, see if any invigorations are worthy picking that frame. To try impossible build, upgrade already powerfull one, or just for lulz:-D

6 hours ago, _junguler said:

that's exactly my problem with this system, it's random. i can't count on it or work around it, it's completely out of control and i hate that.

It's NOT "completely out of control", though.  You have a complete freedom of choice over which frame to use which buff on, once you get that 10th Invigoration.

Moreover, you have complete freedom of choice over whether to use or NOT to use an invigoration each week at ALL.

Never is it "out of your control".

The only thing you can't "control" is which frames appear with which buffs weekly... but you CAN choose not to use the ones you don't want at all.

So, you're in control, you just don't like that you can't just pick-up and choose any buff on any frame all the time (at which point, the 10th Invigoration would be moot).

That's not what this system is designed for.  It wasn't meant to just be an absolutely, no-downsides buff on a whim.

1 hour ago, (PSN)JustJoshinEnt said:

It's NOT "completely out of control", though.  You have a complete freedom of choice over which frame to use which buff on, once you get that 10th Invigoration.

Moreover, you have complete freedom of choice over whether to use or NOT to use an invigoration each week at ALL.

Never is it "out of your control".

The only thing you can't "control" is which frames appear with which buffs weekly... but you CAN choose not to use the ones you don't want at all.

So, you're in control, you just don't like that you can't just pick-up and choose any buff on any frame all the time (at which point, the 10th Invigoration would be moot).

That's not what this system is designed for.  It wasn't meant to just be an absolutely, no-downsides buff on a whim.

it's unhinged RNG on roids, call it what you want but it's a waste of time and resources and i won't be bothering with it at all.

On 2021-08-16 at 1:45 PM, quietcanary said:

It takes 10 expensive invigorations to fill and you can end up receiving 5 jumps and 200% primary damage... on titania.

One of my most loved Titania builds is an aerial switch bomber using Tombfinger (primary) + Pax Soar + Aerial Ace combo (it's really fun to play in Arbitrations, you can add on stuff like Tractor Beam to make it even more fun) so this sounds really awesome to me because I could switch it up and play with Catchmoon or Sporelacer primary being freed from needing to use a rifle with Aerial Ace..

I'm going to go unlock invigoration now, I kept ignoring it because I didn't know they had fun stuff like extra jumps in there.

Archived