Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

I'm A Ghost In My Missions Nowadays.

KazuraBlaze

Recently, I've been having a problem with my game, after the recent update. When I go into a game with people or my friends, I fall out of sync with their game, so its like I'm not even there. I can run around and stuff like that, but I can't open doors, I can't deal damage, I can't pick up items and the enemies run past me. On top of that, after we complete the mission, my friend falls into a black dead zone and wastes a revive because he dies from it. I'm like a ghost and it's annoying whenever say me and my friend wants to go farm and I cant collect drops or my friend who's trying to level up with me is dying because I cant do anything. Can this please be fixed?

Edited by KazuraBlaze

I too have this bug, during a level 1 survival while switching from my primary weapon to my secondary weapon, suddenly I too became a 'ghost'. I couldn't interact with anything around me, I couldn't revive people, my powers did not affect any of the enemies, the enemies didn't see me, I couldn't pick up orbs, containers, mods etc. I couldn't even damage the enemies, I kept firing at them a bunch of times and no numbers came up, and their health bar didn't decrease. I couldn't even open any doors. 

Alright, so I have a theory on the problem. I run missions with Kazura all the time, so I tested things out.

Apparently, the game is shifting your object status for some reason (just a hypothesis). After completing the objective (we were farming Seer), she began to stand in stasis on my screen. Over chat, she said she was able to kill. None of the kills appeared on my screen. The enemies were only going after me, but she wasn't able to open doors.

Maybe the game is listing you as some type of invisible and foreign object, where you can kill once things are in your sight. For some reason or another, those kills don't register for your team. So, I'm thinking that it's showing you being in someone's session, but it lists you in another session entirely. You get the enemies from their session, but they don't see, hear, or acknowledge your existence - ergo, a phantom within someone's domain.

This indicates network code issues, I'd like to think. Nothing that DE can't fix.

Again, this is just a theory.