Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if...

Kosen91

So today I've been thinking on something. What if we could fuse mods together? We can transmute 4 mods into one, but for example, what if we could take say, an intensify mod and a streamline mod and fuse them together to make a mod that gives ability strenght and ability efficiency? Maybe limit the fusion or mod merge to one per frame/weapon/companion/whatever or I don't know be able to use a core or an item to make the fuse. The point is that I've been thinking on mod fusing/merging and how that could impact warframe or weapon builds. If this existed as a feature, meybe add it as an arbitration reward or something already on late game. We already have riven mods which impact the way a weapons performs, but maybe for people like me that don't usually go around unveiling rivens, mod fusing could be an alternative. I don't know, just sharing my point of view. Hopefully I managed to explain it properly and apologies if somehow made if more confusing 😅

So ,controlled rivens for frames ? 

If such a thing was to be made , it would need few checks in my opinion.

1) The mods that can be fused would be single stat only (not corrupted/ dual stat) 

2) the resulting mod would only be half (maybe a little more say 66%?) as effective as each mod, 

3) it would cost 50% more mod capacity than the highest mod.

4) it cannot be ranked i.e it takes the current values of your existing mods and stays that way (endo sink)

5) cannot be stacked with its base mods.

Eg.

Rank 4 intensify , 10 capacity , 25% power strength, madurai

to be fused with

Rank 5 continuity , 9 capacity , 30% duration, madurai

Results in

No rank intense continuity, 15 capacity , 12.5% power strength , 15% duration, madurai.

That I can kinda get behind.

We don't need more power creep in an already power crept game.

At least warframes still have some sense of variety when it comes to modding, since its a tug of war between maximizing certain stats, sinking others and making space for defensive mods on top. I'd prefer this to be expanded on, rather than reducing this variety for the sake of comfort.

well we got amalgam mods. and just having so that every mod you add reduce the value by the amount of mods added.

so 2 mods half strenght

3 mods one thirds strenght

4 mods one forth strenght and so on.

would be interesting but over all it would only let you do jack of all master of none. which wont be usefull except for a few mods.

the already existing amalgam mods are pretty strong for having alternet effects aswell

1 minute ago, Oggyswe said:

well we got amalgam mods. and just having so that every mod you add reduce the value by the amount of mods added.

so 2 mods half strenght

3 mods one thirds strenght

4 mods one forth strenght and so on.

would be interesting but over all it would only let you do jack of all master of none. which wont be usefull except for a few mods.

the already existing amalgam mods are pretty strong for having alternet effects aswell

Except everyone would use 8 fused mod that has been fused 4 times and would be still op as hell. Maybe if you could not use any other mod that has the fused mods effect tnen it would be balanced. Example if you have range and strength fused at 20% both you can not put on any range or strenth mod.

6 minutes ago, Aratir said:

Except everyone would use 8 fused mod that has been fused 4 times and would be still op as hell. Maybe if you could not use any other mod that has the fused mods effect tnen it would be balanced. Example if you have range and strength fused at 20% both you can not put on any range or strenth mod.

no but the thing is if you fuse in a intensify it drops from 30% to 15%. and how ever you fuse after that the intensify effect would just become lower and lower.

so for example if you would fuse 30 mods together if it would allow that intensify would be at 1%. so the system only makes mods weaker all it would give is more flexibility.

for example you just need 75% crit to hit a rate that gives consistant crits. you could fuse a point strike with elemental damage so you still get the crit rate you want but some extra damage.

So Do-it-yourself amalgams. I've often thought of this system for exlius mods. Recoil reduction and Mutator in 1 hit but operating at reduced strength but completely unreadable.

There would be more things that wouldn't be abled to be glued together. Like Rivens, Primed Mods, Galvanized Mods, Augments, Precepts, Nightmare Mods, Corrupted Mods, 60/60's, Set Mods, etc......

It would give more use out of what we already have.

dear god no.

literally everyone will start putting basic power mods together like Intensify and Continuity, and Stretch and Streamline, and effectively make builds with zero downsides. the amount of powercreep you'd introduce is unreal. at this point you may as well have a literal win button. 

you've already got plenty mods, Augments, invigorations and subsumable powers to make your frames strong as hell. this is just too excessive.

Archived