Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Void Fissures/Storm Rework

• Make only 5 available, one for each tier;
  • Only endless missions (survival, defense, disruption, interference, infested salvage, defection), to incentivize opening multiple relics in a single session. I would even say make the rotations similar to arbitration (AABBCCC...) to emphasize longer runs;
  • Make void traces drops instead of mission rewards, so you can basically refine your relics mid-session with the traces you just got.

I think this would would improve greatly the relic system overall.

Thoughts?

I really don't see the point of limiting the mission to only endless modes. Is some one stopping you right now of doing those or using the recruit chat for long runs? Why force people to that when the most preferred mode is capture(for obvious reasons)? Also people tend to stay away from defection, as for infested salvage that mode is so extremely Boring that exists only for farming nidus. And after that every one forgets that it even exists. 

About the idea of rotations how would that work exactly? Is it about getting additional rewards while we are doing the void fissures missions or is it about relics getting affected by the rotation?

Back when DE first presented the void fissures, the traces were droppable items(there was something slightly more to it but i don't remember any more) and were effected by frames ability's like nekros desecrate. since that not the case any more its safe to assume that DE wont revert it.

3 hours ago, (PSN)RaFaeL_K1ller57 said:
  • Make only 5 available, one for each tier;
  • Only endless missions (survival, defense, disruption, interference, infested salvage, defection), to incentivize opening multiple relics in a single session. I would even say make the rotations similar to arbitration (AABBCCC...) to emphasize longer runs;
  • Make void traces drops instead of mission rewards, so you can basically refine your relics mid-session with the traces you just got.

I think this would would improve greatly the relic system overall.

Thoughts?

- only one for each tier means having no variety, it's basically the old Void system again, no thanks.

- Endless missions take longer than captures, people want relics runs to be done as fast as possible. most captures can be done in around 3 mins, accounting for time needed to gather reactant. a better solution would be allowing players to open multiple relics in an endless mission: say having a stack of 5 relics pre-selected, and then you just keep killing corrupted to open each relic one by one, then when the rotation ends, all your unlocked relics give you their reward. by adding this exclusively to endless, those who need a specific single relic to be done quicly can use the regular method of running a Capture while those looking to rid themselves of a relic surplus (me) can use them up quickly. 

- this makes no sense: how can you refine relics during a mission? that would require brining up a menu in the middle of combat.. plus some relics drop their best/newest prime part as a common drop.

sorry, but these ideas are terrible. you're only going to make relics even more tedious to run than they are already. 

I am wondering why OP thinks endless exclusive would be a better option than the variety we have now.

I would instead prefer , one endless and one non endless per tier at a time (at least) so those that wish to have extended runs can do the endless ones and those that want to do the quick ones can do the quick ones for any relic tier of their choice.

Endless runs already get incentivised cause of the scaling rewards and guaranteed relics after certain rotations , and while better rewards for longer wouldn't hurt it's not something that is really needed in my opinion.

We did have void traces drop as resources in the past , I do not expect them to revert it  but I do not really have anything against it either.

Archived