Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

go away ordis

Spharin

Every time I used to zoom in on a planet for working out where to set up extractors, the Kuva Lich speeches when you zoom in on a planet would block the tooltip that shows what resources are on a planet too. I just think things are not play tested by legitimate playing. It is probably faster to test things in a vaccuum and then ship it.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I don't remember how I got those to stop but it was either through injecting nidus or disabling tips/miscellaneous transmissions

Injecting Nidus should shut him up. I've only ever had Ordis talk about Helminth once and it was right when Helminth was first added

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Injecting Nidus should shut him up. I've only ever had Ordis talk about Helminth once and it was right when Helminth was first added

You mean removing the cyst from Nidus? if so no way my cyst on Nidus is a fashion accessory. :tongue:

My Ordis volume is set to 3, Ordis is annoying as Claptrap in the Borderlands series, I tried so hard and many times to shoot Claptrap in the face. 😱

2 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

You mean removing the cyst from Nidus? if so no way my cyst on Nidus is a fashion accessory. :tongue:

😱

No, ADDING the cyst to Nidus. As in the very first time. When Helminth first came out, only Nidus could open the door, and you would inject yourself with the very first Cyst. After doing that, Ordis wouldn't talk about Helminth

These days newbies can open the door with Excal/Mag/Volt, which probably screws with the Ordis logic

5 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, ADDING the cyst to Nidus. As in the very first time. When Helminth first came out, only Nidus could open the door, and you would inject yourself with the very first Cyst. After doing that, Ordis wouldn't talk about Helminth

These days newbies can open the door with Excal/Mag/Volt, which probably screws with the Ordis logic

I know about Nidus and the door, yes any frame can open it now, I still have my cyst on my Nidus, so you think that if I was to pop it Ordis would shut up.

Imho ordis was invented when annoying characters was funny (think beavis and butthead),

Then survived through times when people are bashing disney princess's sidekicks that are only there for comic relief,

And now we're back again at times when retro is cool. We're living at times when people actually miss Clippy (those who're too young to know him can google), and i will actually miss ordis if he stop talking. I talk along with him, as well as quirky lines from other NPCs.

Simaris is my favorite, say it with me: "... IF THEY COULD...!!!"

1 minute ago, Soy77 said:

Imho ordis was invented when annoying characters was funny (think beavis and butthead),

Then survived through times when people are bashing disney princess's sidekicks that are only there for comic relief,

And now we're back again at times when retro is cool. We're living at times when people actually miss Clippy (those who're too young to know him can google), and i will actually miss ordis if he stop talking. I talk along with him, as well as quirky lines from other NPCs.

I don't mind the remarks Ordis and the others make, I object to them covering visuals I'm trying to read and see at the time, I'm sure someone at DE could place them somewhere else on the screen, at least with Claptrap I could always walk away after attempting to shoot him in the face. :tongue:

Like that STUPIDLY oversized Lotus avatar/video playing as you run along the corridors to fight the Ropalyst, my eyes hurt by the time I get to the elevator trying to focus and see where I'm running, seriously DE cut it down by 50% in size at least. 

3 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

I don't mind the remarks Ordis and the others make, I object to them covering visuals I'm trying to read and see at the time, I'm sure someone at DE could place them somewhere else on the screen, at least with Claptrap I could always walk away after attempting to shoot him in the face. :tongue:

Like that STUPIDLY oversized Lotus avatar/video playing as you run along the corridors to fight the Ropalyst, my eyes hurt by the time I get to the elevator trying to focus and see where I'm running, seriously DE cut it down by 50% in size at least. 

Fair enough.

I can totally understand if it bothered some people.

I guess at this point I'm just a very pessimistic tenno, so whenever something I don't prefer appear, i approach them with "it is what it is, and it's not going to change" mentality, so I can subconsciously convince myself to not get bothered.

6 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Fair enough.

I can totally understand if it bothered some people.

I guess at this point I'm just a very pessimistic tenno, so whenever something I don't prefer appear, i approach them with "it is what it is, and it's not going to change" mentality, so I can subconsciously convince myself to not get bothered.

I mean it doesn't bother me when I say I object, because there's nothing I can do about it, so I roll with it, though I just wish someone at DE would look into where they're placed on our screen.

This is why Ordis is dead to me.

29 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Strangely, i never even got why people hated Jar-Jar but Ordis is just another level of annoying, like randomly get in your face for no reason and block the spot of the screen you're looking at annoying.

24 minutes ago, kgabor said:

This is why Ordis is dead to me.

Strangely, i never even got why people hated Jar-Jar but Ordis is just another level of annoying, like randomly get in your face for no reason and block the spot of the screen you're looking at annoying.

I hate jar jar with a burning passion. 

But again, he was created on those comic relief character times... And i'm here because i understand that other people have different opinions, and on positive side it's good news for jar jar

12 minutes ago, kgabor said:

Jardis...Jarvis.

This might actually be the inspiration for Iron Man's assistant, though he's less annoying.

Jarvis is everything awesome that are anything even remotely close to annoying, i seriously question your decision to put them in the same sentence.

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

I know about Nidus and the door, yes any frame can open it now, I still have my cyst on my Nidus, so you think that if I was to pop it Ordis would shut up.

No, I think the inverse is the case. I worry that "Nidus grew a Cyst without Helminth" is the reason Ordis won't shut up. I have no idea how, on the player end, you would fix that. Maybe if you used up the Cyst to make a Helminth Charger and then re-infected Nidus on the chair? I dunno

8 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

No, I think the inverse is the case. I worry that "Nidus grew a Cyst without Helminth" is the reason Ordis won't shut up. I have no idea how, on the player end, you would fix that. Maybe if you used up the Cyst to make a Helminth Charger and then re-infected Nidus on the chair? I dunno

Made a Helminth chargers years ago, so yeah not sure either, so Nidus can grow another Cyst, I might try it then remove the Cyst and see.

10 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

My Ordis volume is set to 3, Ordis is annoying as Claptrap in the Borderlands series, I tried so hard and many times to shoot Claptrap in the face. 😱

Unfortunately the masses like characters like that.  All you have to do is make them extremely annoying or a "baby" and cha ching.

Archived