Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Darvo Spam

Mover-NeRo

Rant.
So I log in and a mail pop up:

Darvo.png

Looks like free sfuff , no mention of anything required. 
But guess what, Prime gaming required. 

I dont have Prime gaming, I dont want it and I dont need it.
But "you can try Prime for free".... Same with some loans and pay from second month. Just marketing.

If you have to send us mails like this at least put the Prime Gaming info in it. 
Since today I am not clicking on anything from Darvo and will delete the mails the second I see them. 
Wish I could set filters on mails like in real life.

/Rant

I understand your frustration. 

I think at the very least it should be worded better. But at this point this is probably only going to be feedback for the very future, keep that in mind. 

Probably the current cycle of Amazon Prime Gaming Rewards includes a contract for DE to advertise in a very specific way. 

In the future, I would like to see it better explained to people in the message though. 

I know A LOT of people have Amazon Prime, and a free trial can be easy to get and cancel, but it makes it sound like it is truly free, and there is nothing free about something only being yours if you have a paid membership for something outside the game, that isn't explained in the message. 

For a F2P game to advertise this way feels a little awkward to me and I don't like it, and I'm someone who regularly has Amazon Prime and just gets this stuff as a side effect, so I'm not an unhappy customer here, but I can see how some people would get quite frustrated. 

I believe for some countries Amazon Prime Gaming Rewards aren't even available, I hope there is a filter in the system that doesn't send these messages to those people... 

remember back when Darvo was an actual character who appeared in early game quests and events, and kind of had potential to be a major character since he's the son of Frohd Bek, the chairman of the Corpus board*, yet he doesn't follow Corpus Ideology?. Pepperidge farm remembers.

*I know there's a 99.9% chance he was killed in the destruction of his ship during the Ambulas fight, but neither DE nor any in-game characters have confirmed his "death" either way.

5 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

remember back when Darvo was an actual character who appeared in early game quests and events, and kind of had potential to be a major character since he's the son of Frohd Bek, the chairman of the Corpus board*, yet he doesn't follow Corpus Ideology?. Pepperidge farm remembers.

*I know there's a 99.9% chance he was killed in the destruction of his ship during the Ambulas fight, but neither DE nor any in-game characters have confirmed his "death" either way.

Pepperidge Farm isn't going to keep it to Pepperidge Farms' self free of charge though... 

Maybe you buy some of these distinctive Milano Cookies, maybe of all this just goes away... 

I have prime for ordering stuff and I watch stuff on the video part.  I claim these cosmetics because I already have it but if they're gonna advertise prime gaming then they need to step it up.  There's hardly anything on there.  Rewards for maybe 20 games, many which are niche, that takes forever to get new stuff.  They shouldn't be advertising the gaming part to get people to subscribe to the service lol.

Archived