Sevagoth shadow and claws

(PSN)mrshark111

Question

Is sevagoths shadow mode worth it if I find using my normal mode with my reaper prime does more damage than the shadow with his claws, or does the claws damage eventually outdamages as you get more mods on him? I want to know since sevagoth does take quite a lot of investments with forma and stuff leveling him up

2 answers to this question

From what I've heard his shadow is competitive, though I haven't invested much in Sevagoth myself.  Here's a video of Brozime doing a solo 20-minute Steel Path survival with Sevagoth, in case that helps.  It may be worth noting this was on the test server so if Sevagoth has been nerfed since then (I don't think he has, I feel like there would have been visible complaining) that wouldn't be taken into account.

The main perk(s) with using his Shadow form and claws is that you get Embrace, which is a fantastic crowd control + "bring enemies in to slicing range" ability, Death's Harvest which makes everything take a crapton more damage, and generally improved mobility/survivability.

As well as that his claws don't need to build and maintain combo to be horrifically effective, which the current melee meta build relies heavily upon.

For the full Sevagoth experience I'd highly recommend going shadow + claws!