Cephalon CY is useless

The only role he play, is talk, talk, and talk. doing nothing, no help at all for the task. We drive the raljack, fix the ship, finish mission, and he just watches and doesn’t do anything. BUT once we fail the mission, he will pop up immediately, and says:”go back and reflect!” How dare is he! 😈

Daily Show Wtf GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

• Like 5

He's a ship cephalon, not a crew member.

He does the boring stuff, like managing systems, firing maneuvering thrusters, controlling shields, scans, communications, so on.

You get to do the fun stuff.

Also, he takes his job serious. Not something you could say for a certain other ship cephalon.

• Like 10

Come to think of it,  the story of the quest we get railjack in is also in-game explanation of why Cy is so cautious and would force us to retreat rather than  risk losing his ship again.

Edited by nebfab
  • Like 1

Thinking about it, Cy is really no different than Lotus or any other character talking over mission objectives.

At least Cy is keeping tabs on the ship we're using, instead of sitting on his ass somewhere giving orders to Tenno that already know what they're doing.

The point is all of this are just background story, nothing's true helpfull for the mission and improve gaming experience, least for me.Ordis have air support, useful in spy or the other mission. Simaris provide lot very important mod, blue print. Cy...talk, a annoying background. least ordis is cute, cy will only criticize us. I'm here to play the game not to hear preaching.

Angry Koreantagangry GIF by swerk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prexades said:

He is managing all the important but boring tasks. Like what thrusters to fire and for how long, when the pilot presses the button to go left.

I like to think of him as performing all the duties and jobs that the no name background people in Star Trek do like calibrate phase converters, clean the holodeck after someone is done with a "romance" program, modulate the shields, all that critical but also boring stuff that wouldn't get done otherwise while the main characters(us the Tenno) are doing the fighting.

• Like 1

Without Cy, who would tell us that the Void Storm is Category 5, and 5 is the highest, by the way?  And who would remind us that we are tempting fate?

But seriously, Cy is just mission control for Railjack missions.  He's there to guide newbies and remind us when events require our attention (like when we have a hull breach and our ship is about to blow up).  He's basically a modern game manual for the Railjack game mode, so just be glad DE included him and accept him for what he is.

• Like 2

Dude... Cephalon Cy is an extremely competent Railjack Cephalon, and he has enough self esteem problems as it is without you straight calling him useless. 

Poor guy was part of a mostly destroyed ship, clearly due to the incompetence of the operator as they are the one ultimately in charge, but poor Ceph Cy blames himself and has never gotten over it. Even now he only acts as your RJ Cephalon out of a sense of duty because no one else can. 

Cut the guy a break. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Beas7ie said:

I like to think of him as performing all the duties and jobs that the no name background people in Star Trek do like calibrate phase converters, clean the holodeck after someone is done with a "romance" program, modulate the shields, all that critical but also boring stuff that wouldn't get done otherwise while the main characters(us the Tenno) are doing the fighting.

OMG! :crylaugh: I feel bad for those unfortunate crewmen!

Spoiler

Klingon Calisthenics Program and Vulcan Love Slave say hello 🤣

200.gif

• Like 2

5 hours ago, helpmeeplzzz said:

The only role he play, is talk, talk, and talk. doing nothing,

Better than the nearly 4 years of the

Spoiler

Purple Lotus

His snark and dialogue sets him apart from other mission controls (Eudico in the Vallis, Loid/Otak in the Cambion Drift, Little Duck in Disruption outside of the Gas City). Breaks that monotone of the Lotus for the past 8 years quite nicely.

6 hours ago, helpmeeplzzz said:

doing nothing, no help at all for the task

who do you think does all the hacking to shut down corpus facilities? who warns you when a Ramsled or Comet Shard is launched and you might be about to get boarded or slowed? Cy ain't all bad, and I'd still take him every day of the week over Ordis telling the same "joke" for the 86546384954th time. he actually sounds like a genuine, serious military AI; which is what you'd expect aboard a combat vessel. 

• Like 4

If it weren't for Cy, I wouldn't have known my ship has been swarmed with boarding parties trying to turn my ship into scrap. Out of all mission control out there, Cephalon Cy is the best and most beneficial. Not like this fake "Mother Figure" you call Lotus.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 1