Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

May I ask a Riven Slot Maximum capacity increase from 180 to 210?

-Zr-Scroll

On 2022-03-14 at 1:48 AM, NecroPed said:

Does anyone really need a riven for every weapon though? 

Warframe is pretty much a 'collectible' game. You want to have all the weapons, frames, mods, gear available to you. So when the next update drops, you have the best tools available. The game changes and evolves A LOT every now and then, which morphs what's good and what is not. I've transmuted/converted several absolute trash rivens in the past only to see those weapons eventually be buffed through the roof. It feels absolutely horrible. And only done so because of this Riven cap limit. If the game NEVER changed again, and I could count on that fact, then I'd know what rivens I'd transmute/sell instantly. But that won't be the case any time soon because it would mean that DE would completely stop development of this game.

Sure, you don't have to have a riven for every weapon, but that kind of goes against everything else in this game where 90% of the content is to 'acquire everything'. And honestly I'm at a stage where I don't really want to transmute/sell rivens anymore as I have so many unique ones. Also the riven trading is awful even with .markets. I've spent several hundred hours in this game solely on trading, might even be 1000 hours. This game needs some form of ingame auction house that locks items marked for sale. But that is another discussion that has been talked to death over the 8 or so years trading has been in this game.

I think the riven system needs an adjustment. The suggestion that someone had having the Railjack Wreckage mechanic would be great for starters. You could still acquire rivens past the riven cap, but you need to free up slots to "inspect" them.

Currently I cannot do Sorties or any other navigation menu selected mission that has a riven drop. This nightwave season also introduced this

> Convert 10 Riven Slivers into a Riven Mod

Which I cannot do either. So there is an increasing amount of Nightwave activities that I'm locked out from.

I wish I could utilize the Riven Sliver system, I think it is a good thing, but having to be forced to CONSTANTLY sell/transmute/convert rivens just to make room for a small chance of getting a new unique riven... it's just not worth it with this Riven cap.

I think Rivens should have originally been just shells to host multiple mods for a single slot. You'd fuse existing mods at their ranks to each other creating a Riven mod. This would mean you'd need dublicate mods to sacrifice for this. I don't know - either way the Riven system needs changes in some form or another.

You know what, screw it. Make max riven slots increase with Mastery rank. Your max riven slots = 10 * mastery rank 

Still need to pay plat for the slots. Still more reason to grind mastery. 10 additional per mastery will fare better when we reach the point of, I don't know, mastery 40 in the year 2035 and thousands of weapons are in the game. 

On 2021-08-18 at 7:06 PM, -Zr-Scroll said:

So I would appreciate an increase for the Riven cap, Thanks!

or apply the railjack scrap system to rivens, fixed capacity for unveiled and unlimited capacity for veiled,

railjack scrap system and how they changed it shown this can work!

There would realistically never be an acceptable limit.

I personally would still like it if Rivens were shared across weapon types rather than on some arbitrary name system they currently use. Melee weapons are more pronounced with this issue, given melee animations are determined by stances and not the weapon themselves. If I could use a riven on multiple weapons of a similar type, then I wouldn't need to hold onto rivens for each weapon, and instead just a small selection per weapon type to support different stats.

• 2 months later...

It almost sounds like Pablo saw the wreckage idea I noted at some point; Well, possibly. I doubt I was the first person to think of it to be fair.

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1286382-coming-soon-devstream-158-the-new-war-devstream/?do=findComment&comment=12333637

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulComfortableCrabsPMSTwin-X8oN4qFJ2mjh8oSV

I'm glad to hear something is being done about it though :)

• 2 months later...

There needs to be no cap on rivens. Once a riven is unveiled, it becomes static It is saved in your table like any of the other bazillion mods in your inventory. If there must be a limit, it should keep pace with the number of unique weapon types in the game. (i.e. Lex, Magnus, Soma, etc) I could tolerate being limited to one riven per unique weapon sets.

Didn't even know these were increased at some point, guess i shouldn't have trashed some of my better rivens for more space over the years.

Could have just waited for a capacity increase, the last time i bothered with rivens was years ago anyway.

Sure why not, increase it.

Archived