Can daily bonuses be 24 hours, so different timezones get the same benefit?

SandvichToaster

Here in New Zealand, the daily reward refreshes at 12noon or 1pm (depending on daylight savings).  It expires at 6 or 7am, so we basically get half a day of the bonus, and then it expires before we get up the next day.  I'm sure it's more annoying for my buddies in east Australia who'll be getting it at 2 or 3 pm, and unless they're gaming first thing in the morning it'll still be expiring before they launch the game again.

So - 24 hours?

Edit: I had no idea the daily reward scaled (because this game explains nothing), and that the timezone is therefore not very relevant, so I guess I retract my question. :/

Edited by SandvichToaster
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, SandvichToaster said:

It expires at 6 or 7am, so we basically get half a day of the bonus,

"It expires" ? What do you mean? Are you talking about Boosters (Affinity, Credit, Resource)?

If that is what you are talking about, the duration of the booster will get longer and longer as you keep getting login rewards. On my PS4 account I have more than 1000 days login and my boosters last 36 hours.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Daily_Tribute

• Like 1

It is really great to see people telling the OP how they have boosters that last 36 or 47 hours. You guys do realize that getting to those numbers takes years? "Oh just login for 3 years and your problem will be fixed". Even at around 600 days logged in I still lose a minimum of 12 hours of my booster because the reset happens about an hour before I go to bed and if I can't play until late in the evening that is the entire booster gone. Sure I could stop playing just before reset and play something else, but daily reset shouldn't be a reason to go play other games.. imo that is just bad design. It would be nice if the boosters worked the same way plat discounts do; claim & use instantly or claim and use within the next 24 or 48 hours.

46 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

It is really great to see people telling the OP how they have boosters that last 36 or 47 hours.

It is great having boosters that last that long! OP doesn’t even tell us how long their booster lasts for. I wouldn’t be against DE changing it a little so lower login-counts give more boosters. The easiest option would probably be to model the increase in some type of decay curve that plateaus.

The thing up you have to remember though, DE wants you to pay platinum for your boosters. Giving them out too much could put a dent in booster sales.

• Like 1

As a F2P player early on, getting those boosters felt more like a slap in the face, than a help of any kind. Now that I've got over 1250 logins, my boosters last like 47 hrs or something... but I still don't let them influence when I play, because I don't need credits, affinity, or resources anymore...

They'll never have to worry about booster sales with me... I won't spend on temporary things. Having the boosters run out of time while I'm offline is like overkill on making something I'll never spend my real money on.

Those super short timers early on are something I think they should look at reconsidering, IMO.

29 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

It is really great to see people telling the OP how they have boosters that last 36 or 47 hours. You guys do realize that getting to those numbers takes years? "Oh just login for 3 years and your problem will be fixed". Even at around 600 days logged in I still lose a minimum of 12 hours of my booster because the reset happens about an hour before I go to bed and if I can't play until late in the evening that is the entire booster gone. Sure I could stop playing just before reset and play something else, but daily reset shouldn't be a reason to go play other games.. imo that is just bad design. It would be nice if the boosters worked the same way plat discounts do; claim & use instantly or claim and use within the next 24 or 48 hours.

Setting aside all the commercial implications of allowing "delayed start" boosters...

Say we were able to "store" to booster and activate it later (say, within 48 hours), when would you suggest we activate it?

• Activate it in the morning? But then we'd "loose" hours because we have to go to work during the day!
  • Activate it when you are starting to play in the evening? But then we'd still "loose" the hours because we'd need to go sleep during the night.
  • Hope that you get to the weekend within the activation period? Then we'd get people asking to extend the activation period to a week... then to a month...

The login reward boosters are designed to be a "taster"! If you like the experience - get the real thing from the market! And all the in-game boosters are designed to make sure people "loose" most of the time they are active - that's why they are continuous!

And looking at it from a slightly different perspective, note that the daily reset happens at midnight UTC. If it happens an hour before normal bedtime in your timezone (assuming your daily schedule is not too weird), that would put you somewhere near the east coast of the US? Which is very similar (in terms of timezones) to where DE are located. Which means that your situation is exactly the situation the devs were thinking of - meaning it's working for you exactly as intended!

And they did think this particular system very carefully! For all the gameplay issues Warframe has, systems that regulate player engagement have been thought through very carefully  - a F2P game simply can't survive otherwise!

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

The login reward boosters are designed to be a "taster"! If you like the experience - get the real thing from the market! And all the in-game boosters are designed to make sure people "loose" most of the time they are active - that's why they are continuous!

It is quite hard to get a taste or like the experience if the experience is "Oh yay, booster when I won't be playing for the next 8+ hours". That does not make me want to get the real deal from the market and instead makes me think booster are a waste. DE could improve the freebie experience, balance it out by giving out boosters less frequently, but allowing the player to choose when to activate it.

15 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Say we were able to "store" to booster and activate it later (say, within 48 hours), when would you suggest we activate it?

• Activate it in the morning? But then we'd "loose" hours because we have to go to work during the day!
  • Activate it when you are starting to play in the evening? But then we'd still "loose" the hours because we'd need to go sleep during the night.
  • Hope that you get to the weekend within the activation period?

Within the next 48 hours, when I have the most time to play? Idk about other people, but for me getting some hours out of the booster is better than no hours at all.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

And looking at it from a slightly different perspective, note that the daily reset happens at midnight UTC. If it happens an hour before normal bedtime in your timezone (assuming your daily schedule is not too weird), that would put you somewhere near the east coast of the US? Which is very similar (in terms of timezones) to where DE are located. Which means that your situation is exactly the situation the devs were thinking of - meaning it's working for you exactly as intended!

I'd advise against assuming things, because you are completely wrong here. My current timezone is UTC+3 which puts the reset at 3am and I usually go to bed somewhere around 3:30 and 4:00.

• Like 1

7 часов назад, Leyvonne сказал:

It is really great to see people telling the OP how they have boosters that last 36 or 47 hours. You guys do realize that getting to those numbers takes years?

Yes, so?

How did we survive in the dark times when you didn't get boosters in the daily reward? Or in the early days of the new login system when logging into the game in the morning before work gave you 3h booster? Looking at people claiming the game can't be played without a booster makes me laugh. If you think you absolutely have to play when you have booster cause it is wasted and it doesn't worth it when you are not... well, I think you chose the wrong game.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, SandvichToaster said:

Here in New Zealand, the daily reward refreshes at 12noon or 1pm (depending on daylight savings).  It expires at 6 or 7am, so we basically get half a day of the bonus, and then it expires before we get up the next day.  I'm sure it's more annoying for my buddies in east Australia who'll be getting it at 2 or 3 pm, and unless they're gaming first thing in the morning it'll still be expiring before they launch the game again.

So - 24 hours?

Greetings fellow kiwi Tenno!

As many people have pointed out, the daily bonus boosters are intended as a 'free taster' to hopefully get you to spend real money/platinum on the longer boosters. If boosters are an issue for you there are a couple of options.

• The daily bonus booster doesn't start until you collect it. If possible, don't log on until you know you're going to be spending a decent amount of time in game.
  • The daily bonus boosters do get bigger the more days you log on. I'm up to 620 days (over the past three years) and I think my last daily bonus booster was 22 hours. Keep logging on!
  • If you have a level 30 frame you could try doing the daily Sorties. There's a small chance for a 3-day booster as a reward. I think I had over a week's worth once because they kept dropping and they stack.
  • Spend some plat on a 3 or 7-day booster. If you need plat, farming relics for prime sets and trading them is pretty easy and you can rank up your equipment while doing so. Trading does take a bit of patience, and I recommend switching your region to North America first as there are way more people online there than in Oceania.

If you were on Playstation I would offer to help you out. Unfortunately my PC account is nowhere near as far along and my current laptop doesn't really handle Warframe very well. Hopefully you find a suitable answer!

9 hours ago, SandvichToaster said:

So - 24 hours?

If i get a bonus, it lasts 26+ hours.

As you log in every day, the bonus effect grows bigger.

8 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

I'd advise against assuming things, because you are completely wrong here. My current timezone is UTC+3 which puts the reset at 3am and I usually go to bed somewhere around 3:30 and 4:00.

ok, so your daily schedule is indeed weird! Congratulations? The point still stands though - DE themselves are in the situation of "daily reset occurs an hour before bedtime", which is identical to yours! So this is precisely the situation they thought of first. And the fact that they kept it as is means that this was intended!

It is quite hard to get a taste or like the experience if the experience is "Oh yay, booster when I won't be playing for the next 8+ hours". That does not make me want to get the real deal from the market and instead makes me think booster are a waste. DE could improve the freebie experience, balance it out by giving out boosters less frequently, but allowing the player to choose when to activate it.

Let me break this to you: I used to get shorter boosters as login rewards too! And since I tend to log in for a few missions just before work, so the boosters would start then and expire before I'd get back home in the evening. Somehow, I survived! Moreover, it gave me (as a new player) the awareness of these boosters and allowed me consider using those when I'd need to farm for something big (Hema research for my solo clan or toroids for Vox Solaris to name a few).

The marketing benefit of giving players a free sample is not about giving them the full use of the sample - it's about product awareness. You said you'd be able to use the booster for an hour or so - but that's more than enough to form the association of "I got this 'resource booster' thingy - and now I'm getting tons more resources". That makes you aware of what boosters are. And when you see that it expired before you could play with it very much - the implication is not "this booster is a waste", the implication is "I could have done so much more, but this booster expires too quickly". And that is precisely something you can remedy with the longer ones from the market.

Within the next 48 hours, when I have the most time to play? Idk about other people, but for me getting some hours out of the booster is better than no hours at all.

Read the OP's post. The complaint was not "I don't get to play with it at all". The complaint was "half of it gets wasted". And most of it gets wasted anyway, by design - unless you play warframe literally 24/7 ("schoolchild on a summer holiday" type situation)

6 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

Yes, so?

How did we survive in the dark times when you didn't get boosters in the daily reward? Or in the early days of the new login system when logging into the game in the morning before work gave you 3h booster? Looking at people claiming the game can't be played without a booster makes me laugh. If you think you absolutely have to play when you have booster cause it is wasted and it doesn't worth it when you are not... well, I think you chose the wrong game.

Why is it such a bad thing to ask / hope for improvements? And who is claiming the game can't be played without a booster? I don't think I absolutely have to play when I have a booster, I just think it would be nice to actually get something out of it when one is active before reaching 3 years worth of login days.

5 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

However any Boosters that drop from Login, don't Start Counting Down until you actually login and Claim them.

If you are already playing when the reset happens you have no choice, but to claim it.

3 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

ok, so your daily schedule is indeed weird! Congratulations? The point still stands though - DE themselves are in the situation of "daily reset occurs an hour before bedtime", which is identical to yours! So this is precisely the situation they thought of first. And the fact that they kept it as is means that this was intended!

What exactly are you congratulating me for?.. And my point still stands too; just because something is design a certain way doesn't mean it can't be improved upon or that people shouldn't ask for things to change.

3 hours ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Read the OP's post. The complaint was not "I don't get to play with it at all". The complaint was "half of it gets wasted". And most of it gets wasted anyway, by design - unless you play warframe literally 24/7 ("schoolchild on a summer holiday" type situation)

Never said OP's complaint was "I don't get to play with it at all". I am talking about my experiences and suggesting a way to improve the system.. a way that could still benefit the OP because they could start the booster at a batter time.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

just because something is design a certain way doesn't mean it can't be improved upon or that people shouldn't ask for things to change.

6 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

I am talking about my experiences and suggesting a way to improve the system.

For a suggestion to be in any way useful and for a change to be an improvement, one must first understand the reasoning behind the original design and the goals the system is meant to achieve. Otherwise your suggestion is likely to go against those goals.

Had the goal of having boosters as login reward been just to give players free boosters - then your suggestion would have made sense. But that is clearly not the case! The goal of these rewards is to advertise the boosters sold on the Market and to encourage players to spend plat on those, preferably on the longer ones.

To do that, you actually don't want players to be able to fully use the free boosters - you want the free ones to just give players a taste of the real thing. And in that context, your suggestion makes absolutely no sense, since it would allow people to fully use the free boosters, lowering the demand for paid ones.

Don't get me wrong - as a player, I would prefer to be able to store the boosters for a day or two and activate them when it's convenient for me. But one needs to understand the wider context, not just what their personal preference would be!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

For a suggestion to be in any way useful and for a change to be an improvement, one must first understand the reasoning behind the original design and the goals the system is meant to achieve. Otherwise your suggestion is likely to go against those goals.

Had the goal of having boosters as login reward been just to give players free boosters - then your suggestion would have made sense. But that is clearly not the case! The goal of these rewards is to advertise the boosters sold on the Market and to encourage players to spend plat on those, preferably on the longer ones.

To do that, you actually don't want players to be able to fully use the free boosters - you want the free ones to just give players a taste of the real thing. And in that context, your suggestion makes absolutely no sense, since it would allow people to fully use the free boosters, lowering the demand for paid ones.

I fully understand the reasoning behind the original design and that the goal is to sell boosters. And I already pointed out that DE could balance things allowing players to choose when to use their booster while reducing how often a booster is offered. The demand for paid booster would stay the same or might even increase when more people had a change to experience them properly. But this discussion is clearly pointless and not leading to anything. 

I would personally like if all the boosters would only count time while you play, and be paused when you are offline. But I don't see that happening against the current business model.

The Tenno playing in China have an even harder time, their boosters only function for a limited number of missions instead of a timed duration.

2 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

The demand for paid booster would stay the same or might even increase

This statement would really need some justification, probably even some market research to back it up!

Since DE's entire business model is based around selling in-game items, there is a very good reason to assume that said research has been done when designing the system. And since your situation is for all intents and purposes identical to that of a player living in DE's home town (day cycle ends an hour before bedtime) - I'm sure that specific case had not been overlooked.

So it seems that this statement of yours is not as accurate as you might think!

2 hours ago, Leyvonne said:

And I already pointed out that DE could balance things allowing players to choose when to use their booster while reducing how often a booster is offered.

Since a login reward booster is effectively an advertisement, compare this to the outside world! When you watch TV, listen to the radio, etc., do companies opt for longer ads shown less frequently or shorter ones shown more frequently? In my experience, it tends to be the "shorter ads more frequently" option. Why? Because it's more effective! So your suggestion for "balancing things" would clearly make the booster advertisement less effective - contrary to what you are suggesting!

• Like 1

On 2021-08-19 at 8:43 AM, Darth_Predator said:

Bonus grows with the amount of days you logged in. My boosters are 47-ish hours. Depending on rng I can run with a booster for like a week.

So just continue playing and you'll get your 24 hours boost.

Wait, really? I've been logging in most days for a long time. I just got my 500 day log in reward. I thought the daily rewards were always somewhere 12 - 18 hours. >_>

2 часа назад, SandvichToaster сказал:

Wait, really? I've been logging in most days for a long time. I just got my 500 day log in reward. I thought the daily rewards were always somewhere 12 - 18 hours. >_>

You. It will go up. Unfortunately daily login decided I need Neural Sensors today, so I can't give you a screenshot. 

11 hours ago, SandvichToaster said:

Here's the formula:

Rounded (3 × [1 + Day/100]) hours

So with your 500, that comes at 18.  Yup, checks out.

Longtime daily players are past 2000 days by now.  They get about 63 hours.