General Bug Report Guidelines - Please Read ×

Secondary Kitgun Vermisplicer does not work properly as a Continuous Weapon

Kit.Prime

Here are some issues I've found:

1. 'Multishot' Mods do not work properly, more likely have no effect on Secondary Vermisplicer. The Mods won't increase the damage output, since Vermisplicer is a Continuous weapon; and won't add any numbers of projectiles/ tendrils/ beams. Although I use many Multishot Mods on Vermisplicer, but the Maximum number of tendrils are always be 5, and the damage stay the same.

2. VS single target issues. When shooting a single target, the animation shows 5 tendrils are latching on, but actually only 1 of them is dealing the damage, and the total damage output is just as same as weapon pannel. Maybe it is supposed to be like this, not as I expect all the 5 tendrils are damaging - actually 5x damage on single target.

By the way, when shooting a target in a close range (like around 5m), the tendrils are not latching.

3. Status Chance issue. Since there are 5 tendrils, the base status chance is cut into 5. I'm using 'Gibber' grip, which have a 17% status chance in total, but in fact it only have 3.4% on single target. Even grips that have higher status chance, the actual status performance is still terrible. 

And most importantly, the status chance does not work like a continuous weapon, since 'Multishot' have no effect.

In conclusion, Secondary Kitgun Vermisplicer attacks like a continuous weapon, but there are no beams on damage calculation. It works like a shotgun with bullet, but maximum only 5 projectiles, despite any 'Multishot'.

4 hours ago, Kit.Prime said:

1. 'Multishot' Mods do not work properly [...] the damage stay the same

There most certainly is an effect on my end, are you not looking at the Multishot / "Total" damage entries?

Or are you talking purely about performance in missions?

3. Status Chance issue. Since there are 5 tendrils, the base status chance is cut into 5.

Urgh, I hate when weapons do that / the Arsenal lies to us like that,
either make that not happen or have the "actual" Status Chance per hit listed there.

the status chance does not work like a continuous weapon, since 'Multishot' have no effect.

Regular Continuous weapons don't gain multiple hits from Multishot,
it's simply a damage boost that you get X% of the time.

attacks like a continuous weapon, but there are no beams on damage calculation

Not sure what you mean by that.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't like how it constantly targets the enemies you are not aiming at when firing at a group. When you have an enemy between you and who the weapon actually targets it deals less damage overall. The weapon looks fine if there is only 1 target but that's probably because the AI doesn't actively target enemies you are not aiming at.