Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we please get a universal bane mod

Politically_Correct_Name

Maybe have a vendor where you can turn in all 4 primed bane mods rank 10 for a rank 10 universal bane mod, same system for unranked banes.  Its so annoying to have to swap mods, and even worse to have to abort because you need to swap a mod.  At the very least why not allow mod changes in mission.

Also how about being able to unlevel mods and focus nodes.

33 minutes ago, Politically_Correct_Name said:

Maybe have a vendor where you can turn in all 4 primed bane mods rank 10 for a rank 10 universal bane mod, same system for unranked banes.  Its so annoying to have to swap mods, and even worse to have to abort because you need to swap a mod.  At the very least why not allow mod changes in mission.

Also how about being able to unlevel mods and focus nodes.

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

26 minutes ago, CrazyCatLad said:

That's called Serration/Pressure Point/Hornet Strike

Unless you do math, sure.

A universal bane mod would effectively go against the entirety of what a bane mod represents: Specialization against a faction. They are a massive damage increase at the expense, solely, of your attention before a match.

Swapping to another configuration slot mid-mission, however, would be nice. Unfortunately, I have no faith what-so-ever in DE implementing a feature like this, or it actually working correctly even if they did.

while, it would be convenient, having to be Faction specific with Anti-Faction Mods is the absolute bare minimum complication for one of the best types of Mods in the game.
making it global would make them not only competing for the single most powerful Damage Mod in the game, but also simply one Mod that you put on every single Weapon no matter what you're doing.

furthermore, if a global version was added what's most likely to happen is that Anti-Faction Mods as a whole get nerfed into being a joke and you end up not using it anyways.

How I deal with this: My 3 most common loadouts are almost all identical, main difference is what configuration the weapons are on. Weapons come with 3 configurations and from left to right I have them modded for grineer, corpus and infested. Quick to switch loadout even after a timer have been started. Main issue for me is that there exist more than 3 factions and I don't want to buy extra configs for every weapon I use.

A universal bane would just become a mandatory mod. The need to swap kind of justifies the strength of them. 

However, I would like some sort of quick-swap in the arsenal that toggles all equipped banes (primary, secondary, melee) to the selected faction. I feel this gives a quality of life boost while preserving the spirit of them. 

On 2021-08-18 at 9:04 PM, CrazyCatLad said:

That's called Serration/Pressure Point/Hornet Strike

They are obsolete now, if your still using them try out the new arcanes on primaries and secondaries as well as the CO mods on weapons they actually work on.  Serrations are a complete waste of a mod slot now.

On 2021-08-18 at 9:13 PM, Uhkretor said:

... Wasn't there a discussion about that very same subject that absolutely defeats the entire purpose of 70% of the arsenal's entire existence?

Seriously, just use the search engine and go use the other thread.

Dont know about that, I dont troll forums I come here very rarely when i have something I think would benefit the game

On 2021-08-18 at 9:33 PM, Leqesai said:

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

Why, how is that a bad idea?  Im guessing you dont like it because you dont have them already maxed which is why I added an option for turning in unranked into unranked universal.

On 2021-08-19 at 4:04 AM, T-Shark69 said:

Just slot the Grinner one. Wtf you doing that you cant delete Corpus and Infested with one free slot?

Im certainly not using min maxed builds on star chart trash that dies in 1 hit from anything with a half decent build.  These are for endurance runs where S#&$ doesnt die to direct damage no matter what you hit it with.  

On 2021-08-19 at 1:11 PM, Schwitzer said:

A universal bane would just become a mandatory mod. The need to swap kind of justifies the strength of them. 

However, I would like some sort of quick-swap in the arsenal that toggles all equipped banes (primary, secondary, melee) to the selected faction. I feel this gives a quality of life boost while preserving the spirit of them. 

That would be a phenomenal alternative, or even the ability to swap mods in the very beginning of a mission.  But your point is fine too, im MRL1 so I have tons of loadout slots free but most ppl dont and I cant imagine anyone buys loadout slots so there has got to be a better more convenient way. 

On 2021-08-19 at 1:41 AM, Liljeman said:

How I deal with this: My 3 most common loadouts are almost all identical, main difference is what configuration the weapons are on. Weapons come with 3 configurations and from left to right I have them modded for grineer, corpus and infested. Quick to switch loadout even after a timer have been started. Main issue for me is that there exist more than 3 factions and I don't want to buy extra configs for every weapon I use.

Thats a great idea ive heard some ppl suggest, my issue is I like using a lot of frames for different things man, I kinda wish I could have a main.

1 hour ago, Politically_Correct_Name said:

They are obsolete now, if your still using them try out the new arcanes on primaries and secondaries as well as the CO mods on weapons they actually work on.  Serrations are a complete waste of a mod slot now.

Dont know about that, I dont troll forums I come here very rarely when i have something I think would benefit the game

Why, how is that a bad idea?  Im guessing you dont like it because you dont have them already maxed which is why I added an option for turning in unranked into unranked universal.

I think universal bane mods are a bad idea. It doesn't really matter if they're obtainable via the method you've described or otherwise. 

But yeah, I don't have all of the max rank because, other than Grineer (and to a lesser extent Corrupted) no other bane mod is worth it. Corpus and Infested are so easy to kill I can't imagine a situation where I'd use a bane mod against them. 

On 2021-08-19 at 2:52 AM, Walkampf said:

Here's an other idea,

remove the Bane Mod category completly. Then there's also no swapping loadouts needed.

Could rework them into weak combined elemental mods as a throwback to Rainbow Builds to fuel all those Condition Overload variants.

(Primed) Bane of Grineer: +30%/55% Corrosive

(Primed) Bane of Corpus: +30%/55% Magnetic

(Primed) Bane of Infested: +30%/55% Gas

(Primed) Bane of Corrupted: +30%/55% Radiation

Giving more weapons access to Viral+Corrosive would raise the floor for non-crit weapons.

There was a time when gearing for a mission actually made a difference. I don't mean just picking an optimal frame either.

Having an A/B/C and a long requested D loadout config is there for a reason. The exact reason Bane mods exist.

Viral + Bleed isn't supposed to be the best damage type to use in 90% of situations. With the previous Status system Magnetic was the only one I never used. It worked fairly well. Least it worked better than it does now. I'd base that simply on the variety of statuses I used. Many players didn't notice the value of some statuses due to the massive power difference of players and enemies (this is before the Armor/HP changes) and it's become even more of a joke since.

I used to do mock videos of Sorties and 2 hour survivals back then on frames with no mods equipped. The difference was that massive. If I could do that before enemies had 1/100th their eHP then I'd say Bane mods don't even need to exist anymore. We don't need to min/max to succeed like that anymore so there's little point.

I personally don't like that and enjoyed min/maxing to fight the hardest enemies I could which is why I don't really play anymore.
If every mod decision doesn't count for something then I'd rather just not play.

Most people run bane mods because they double and triple dip on status damage-over-times. It'd be better to just remove bane mods entirely and introduce a status DoT focused mod that increases the damage of status and have it be comparable to banes. Having it buff status damage directly would also avoid absurd multiplicative scaling things like Roar and Banes do, making it easier to balance for.

I think one of my favorite interactions is Amalgam Argonak's Dagger Armor Strip working on Gas Damage for Exodia Contagion. It doesn't actually do much, but it is a cool interaction. It would be nice to see Status focused mods, simply because right now Status is kind of unbalance. Viral is strictly better than Corrosive in every way, and all that.

But what if we had mods that interacted with Status Effects? Things like Hemmorage are neat, but what if we had stuff like "Increased damage vulnerability when affected by Toxin and Gas DoT". That'd basically be a built in Bane, but for Toxin and Gas Procs only, Gas really needs the help right now. I actually high agree with what they did for Impact via Hemmorage and Internal Bleeding Mods. Those are really really good ideas.

9 hours ago, Politically_Correct_Name said:

Im certainly not using min maxed builds on star chart trash that dies in 1 hit from anything with a half decent build.  These are for endurance runs where S#&$ doesnt die to direct damage no matter what you hit it with.  

I didnt talk about Star Chart. SP Corpus and Infested are still extremely squishy compared to Grineer.

Endurance runs? So you're asking dev time and a balance disruption because you can't spend 10 extra seconds to prepare for a 2h+ run?!

How about a counter-proposal? Get rid of Bane mods entirely and pretend they were never in the game in the first place. Of all the ways to min/max weapons, the "does more damage against a specific faction" mods are the laziest, least compelling one. I already don't see the point to having 13 damage types and a rainbow of resistances, but at least those have some amount of verisimilitude. Bane mods are just so artificial.

4 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

How about a counter-proposal? Get rid of Bane mods entirely and pretend they were never in the game in the first place. Of all the ways to min/max weapons, the "does more damage against a specific faction" mods are the laziest, least compelling one. I already don't see the point to having 13 damage types and a rainbow of resistances, but at least those have some amount of verisimilitude. Bane mods are just so artificial.

That would be the best scenario however the damage they add would need to be made up somewhere.  Having a universal option, keyword option.  If you like the system feel free to use it as is, if you dont like bane mods feel free to continue not using them but it seems like a pretty easy to implement option to convert all 4 banes into a universal bane for quality of life.  I agree damage to specific types of enemies and resistance to specific types of damage or enemies is annoying and I dont understand why games do it but many do.  

7 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

How about a counter-proposal? Get rid of Bane mods entirely and pretend they were never in the game in the first place.

Season 4 Agree GIF by The Office

...I've just realized that I've only posted gifs in this thread, so here is obligatory text to meet my quota:

Bane mods are some of the most obtuse power creep in the game, they, much like riven mods, serve as an excuse against persistent weapon balancing and should get the Old Yeller treatment asap.

8 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

Counter-counter-proposal; more situations where we face different factions in the one mission, outside of the odd Invasion and crossfire, granting more value to equipping Bane mods on on-level equipment.

If a player doesn't simply overpower the fight (or can't), resistances are already pretty good for requiring alternative builds on equipment. Additional "mixing it up" can happen when we start introducing new factions, and now (theoretically) that Secondary is a Corpus Killer, that Primary is a Grineer Killer, and that Melee is an Infested Killer. 🤔 Potentially granting additional usage for the IPS system, since Corpus can be Impact, Grineer can be Puncture, and Infested can be Slash (though more likely some sort of element will benefit the piece of equipment as well)

edit: I'm not a fan of universal bane mods as it kind of defeats the purpose, but I could get behind making it easier to swap/keep track of which is equipped. Just not mid-mission

Archived