Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

blueprints!?!

Cypher77Burn

On 2021-08-21 at 9:19 AM, Fl_3 said:

We use our minds to control twisted, infested weaponised humans. 

Umbra has a soul, but who says that the others don't? Maybe it's just buried deep enough that they have no control and all they can do is scream silently into the darkness and pain.

The quest The Sacrifice pretty clearly suggests that all Warframes have consciousness, and that Tenno harmonize with them by taking away their pain.  That being the case I think it's a misreading to suggest the the relationship between Tenno and Warframe is that of dominator and victim.

5 hours ago, Fl_3 said:

Why do you think hunting parties were roaming the ship? What do you think they were hunting?

The hunting parties were the adults who went (for lack of a better word) "crazy" due to Void exposure.  The adults were hunting the children; the children on the other hand were trying to find shelter and escape their parents.  This is shown in the official comic that was released alongside Chains of Harrow.

51 minutes ago, Cypher77Burn said:

and this leads to another question about void corruption, i have seen it referenced in two ways. 

It sounds like people may be getting two very different ideas mixed up by using slightly inaccurate terminology.  "Corruption" and "Void exposure" are two entirely different things.  Corruption is an Orokin-made defense mechanism in Orokin towers; while Orokin towers are often found in the Void, this ability of the towers has nothing to do with the Void.  Void exposure, on the other hand, is a broadly defined phenomenon with a variety of manifestations, but basically means that someone was exposed to the Void and it has had one of numerous negative effects on them.

4 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

The quest The Sacrifice pretty clearly suggests that all Warframes have consciousness, and that Tenno harmonize with them by taking away their pain.  That being the case I think it's a misreading to suggest the the relationship between Tenno and Warframe is that of dominator and victim.

The hunting parties were the adults who went (for lack of a better word) "crazy" due to Void exposure.  The adults were hunting the children; the children on the other hand were trying to find shelter and escape their parents.  This is shown in the official comic that was released alongside Chains of Harrow.

It sounds like people may be getting two very different ideas mixed up by using slightly inaccurate terminology.  "Corruption" and "Void exposure" are two entirely different things.  Corruption is an Orokin-made defense mechanism in Orokin towers; while Orokin towers are often found in the Void, this ability of the towers has nothing to do with the Void.  Void exposure, on the other hand, is a broadly defined phenomenon with a variety of manifestations, but basically means that someone was exposed to the Void and it has had one of numerous negative effects on them.

oh ya Vor just claims a connection to the void but is corrupted by the equivilant of the tower defenses... I want to see an enemy or something that is actually void exposed and gone crazy and such.

On 2021-08-20 at 12:43 AM, Tesseract7777 said:

The thing that has always confused me more is why some blueprints are reusable and some are not (lore-wise) I understand why it is the way it is in terms of game mechanics. 

Most of the explanations I can think of involve non-reusable blueprints being more like a damaged item you are restoring, but if so you'd think they would just call them damaged items. And it makes even less sense since you have specifically damaged parts sometimes that are some of the required pieces for a blueprint. 

Like... the way we think of Blueprints in real life, they aren't just something that disappears once you consult them to design/make/build something... 

Corpus DRM, man. So strong even Cephalons can't crack it.

Then again, the fact that we get the blueprint for the Paracesis from what is quite literally an out-of-body experience (with the Chimera instructing us to take "the idea of it") implies that Blueprints may not always be... physical objects, for lack of a better term.

16 hours ago, Cypher77Burn said:

and this leads to another question about void corruption, i have seen it referenced in two ways.  One the corrupted in the void tileset that are corrupted by orokin tower defenses meaning it is an orokin controlled infection or something of the sort, and the other is as you just said and perhaps something like what's his name with the Janus key that seems to imply a corruption by the void yet it somehow turns out just like the orokin ship automated defense corruption.  So the question being what is the difference between the two?

The void simply makes people go insane or maybe even turn to the most feral state. A good example of what the void does is look at the movie Pandorum (though not linked to the idea of the void iirc) or Lost Horizon. The orokin corruption is simply a control device implemented as a defensive system for the towers.

I do however think we see two types of corrupted, both those controlled by the defense A.I of the towers and the others. We have both the mobs with the face-thing drone which is tied to the tower defense A.I, then we have all those enemies that are turned when near a void fissure, enemies that are otherwise normal. So either the tower tech is linked to the void, so everything is controlled by the defense system, or we have two different types of corruption.

Archived