Vermasplicer issues downgrade influence by nukor nerf

thats_rudiculous_07

Vermasplicer was nerfed from 5 to 3.

The vermasplicer can't do head shots like the amprex , nukor, ignis, Phantasm or any other weapon that chains to targets while those weapons can. The issues is those weapons out deal it in damage. You went out of your way to nerf it like the nukor. At least you should have done 5 to 4 so can be distinct or improved it in another way. 

How come you nerfed vermasplicer when it Clearly has low dps. Aoe weapon are still better that those weapon.  Nukor is still a better option than the vermasplicer dps wise. Thanks for diversity. 

Edited by thats_rudiculous_07
To clarify how nukor influence nerf on vermasplicer
  • Like 1

I've noticed this as well, it should be made able to head-shot on the initial link like the amprex (which also had chaining adjusted a few years ago). The vermisplicer using the new galvanized multishot mod, merciless arcane with a viral build pairing critical delay + hunter munitions will take care of anything not immune to status effects for a 30-60 mins in steel-path with out any real issues, it's very far from low dps.

• Like 2

On 2021-08-19 at 4:48 AM, Tehcaro said:

I've noticed this as well, it should be made able to head-shot on the initial link like the amprex (which also had chaining adjusted a few years ago). The vermisplicer using the new galvanized multishot mod, merciless arcane with a viral build pairing critical delay + hunter munitions will take care of anything not immune to status effects for a 30-60 mins in steel-path with out any real issues, it's very far from low dps.

It's not as good as you think.

On 2021-08-19 at 7:06 AM, Uhkretor said:

Maybe it appears not to headshot visually, but damage counts as headshot?

It's a body shot. It automatically aims for body and it rarely  get a headshot. Try the new mods and Arcane that requires aiming and headshot . How often you can proc it until restarts. It so unreliable. I have status heavy damage one and I have a crit version.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

The Basmu's Alt-Fire still has seemingly infinite chaining, and I don't think that enough people are talking about it

Infinite?    You've got my attention.  Let's talk about it then. 😉

It can definitely hit a lot of targets.  But is it more than you'd expect from a dual beam 5 chain?

44 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:
  Hide contents

3WcNeh3.jpg

BRB, putting Punch Through on my Basmukor.

It's fun, no doubt, but has some serious limitations on a normal build.  On my list of things to do is an Energized Munitions / +magazine build, but I'll be surprised if it can approach the utility of other chaining weapons.  (Unless it really does have infinite chaining.)

16 hours ago, (XBOX)HollowCube987 said:

The Basmu's Alt-Fire still has seemingly infinite chaining, and I don't think that enough people are talking about it

My understanding is that it had a chain max of 5 per beam, which while isn't infinite is still drastically more than other chaining weapons.

Continuing the Basmu off-topic...

Spoiler

@Perfectly_Framed_Waifu , @(XBOX)HollowCube987

I did get around to doing an Energized Munitions Basknukor Banshee.  Initial impressions--entertaining, but high maintenance and somewhat limited.  Two main issues:

- Very short range, and the weapon can't fit Sinister Reach.  (Which should change.)  I'm still not certain, but  I don't think PT chaining gets around the range limit.  If it does, the  low initial range still seems to cramp its utility quite a lot.  I was doing this for direct damage rather than priming per se, but I think this (and the limited number of status types available) curtail its potential for the latter role. 

- More of an Energized Munitions issue, but even with decent duration I still only get 9 seconds before it needs recasting.  Which is tiresome when I want to also time this with additive crit buffs, on kill buffs, and just generally trying not to die...because Banshee.  The good news is merely increasing the magazine size with Primed Warp or Tainted Mag makes the altfire a lot more viable without E. Muni.

But gawdang, that fissure infinite ammo buff is good fun. 😎

This might be easier to pull off on a lower maintenance frame that already has reason to equip lots of duration.  Ivara comes to mind out of frames I play a lot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...