Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do mods still lose their effect on Vulpaphyla while they're reviving?

Orrion_the_Kitsune

Question

5 answers to this question

14 minutes ago, Orrion_the_Kitsune said:

Another question related to this, is it still best to keep their devolution mod unranked if mods do indeed lose their effects while a Vulpaphyla is reviving?

AFAIK:

The Devolution mod itself still operates. Other mods don't. (Or at least aren't supposed to: have had a few instances where some stay active despite it being dead...)

The rank of the Devolution mod only change things like Panzer's quill damage, Crescent's charge damage, and Sly's evasion chance / duration. Nothing huge, so you can likely keep it unranked (for mod capacity) or rank it up and see little major difference.

8 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

AFAIK:

The Devolution mod itself still operates. Other mods don't. (Or at least aren't supposed to: have had a few instances where some stay active despite it being dead...)

The rank of the Devolution mod only change things like Panzer's quill damage, Crescent's charge damage, and Sly's evasion chance / duration. Nothing huge, so you can likely keep it unranked (for mod capacity) or rank it up and see little major difference.

Thank you. I'm mostly asking because Panzer quill damage scales with mods, and if the only difference for their devolution mod is 15 damage on their quills and yet it's unaffected by mods, that makes it entirely worthless to rank up.

2 hours ago, Orrion_the_Kitsune said:

Thank you. I'm mostly asking because Panzer quill damage scales with mods, and if the only difference for their devolution mod is 15 damage on their quills and yet it's unaffected by mods, that makes it entirely worthless to rank up.

I don't know the formula, but my Panzer's quills regularly pin SP enemies corpses to walls and ceilings. Which means her getting kills and probably stacking with Bite and Maim. If that's the case i wouldn't recomend leaving quills unmaxed. Panzer Vulpahala does crazy work on missions, even modded mostly for utility. One time it did like 60 kills in one minute capture mission. I know it wasn't me, because only one shot i took was to incapacitate capture target. 

Archived