Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli Movement & Stat Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

Yareli improvements are incoming, Tenno! You’ve been patiently waiting for word on what changes will come to our latest Warframe, and this Dev Workshop covers our current plans for her kit. Read on!

We have 2 areas that are being buffed: Stats, and Utility. 

Utility Changes: We are introducing a foundational change to Yareli’s movement: Merulina Dashing (tap Roll/Dash)! 

This can be executed in any direction and is effectively a new way to close gaps (or quickly retreat!) and alter the direction of Yareli aboard Merulina! This also enhances the way you can traverse vertically with responsive directional input while in the air. We’ve made a handy .gif to demonstrate just what we mean: 

What you see in this .gif is a vertical traversal that’s currently tough to do with Yareli. However,  with the forward dash the momentum movement now allows for directional maneuvering. Then, we see Yareli Dash both Forward AND Back in the .gif, showing how you can certainly take advantage of this new movement tool!

This is a change that’s best experienced in your hands, but it is certainly a huge improvement for navigating all of Warframes tilesets! 

We have also made some changes to general Merulina movement by allowing for shorter jumps, and reducing overall jump charge time.

Yareli Stat Changes:
We’ve made some Stat changes to Yareli’s abilities as well. These are buffs across the board, and details are as follows: 

Sea Snares:
-Increase seek speed by about 60% and slightly increase bubble visibility to better register your casts. 

Aquablades:
-Increase range by just about 25%
-Increase damage and duration by 50%

RipTide:
Bigger is better. The bigger we Rip, the more enemies, the better scaling, and so on!
-Increase radius by 25%

You can look forward to this in our next update, Tenno! 

Cheers! 

Will there be any changes to the general slide-y feel to her movement on Merulina?

In Open World gameplay the K-Drives movement works fine, but in smaller maps where you're going through hallways and corridors the loose turning makes it hard to maneuver around.

I'll be honest... I don't think it is just the underwhelming numbers and the whole K-drive thing bringing her down, I think it is her entire kit and the lack of any synergies between them. I suppose I'll give her a try once the patch hits, but I doubt I'll be playing her for long

I think that literally giving her a k-drive was a bit of a blunt approach to the Warfame that inspired the vent kids. If she had movement reminiscent of k-drives instead I think that would have been a much more interesting direction. I like the movement changes here, moving her a way from stock k-drive movement, its a nice change.

She's going to need to find synergy to be good, that's still lacking in my opinion.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sea Snares:

Could you put slash damage into it as well? Because as tested, with over 300% strength(ya it need that much) Aquablade is able to kill enemies of over lvl80 at a moderate rate, while sea snare tickles them. If slash is put into the mix of sea snare's damage, and with enough duration, it should be able to perform much much better than it is now.

So you must be thinking that sea snare is already a cc ability and with slash it will be OP. No I think it will just be more on par of dealing damage with many other frames. 

RipTide:

Do you know you guys are trolling players to death if they use this ability in high level? Because Yareli is stuck in her casting animation for the entire duration of the ability.

Aquablades:

Do you know that this ability can pop crates and explosive barrels etc? Is it intended trolling to let Yareli hurt herself while on the move?

If you say aquablades = melee and melee break crates and explosive barrels etc so it is natural to hurt yourself.... but how about those orange explosive infested? Using melee to kill them doesn't explode them but aquablade explodes them and hurt Yareli. So what is going on? lol

12 minutes ago, FSK41 said:

Make her 4 do slash damage to enemies when they were affected by the blades before and also give her 1 more duration 

That won’t do anything because if you proc slash from the 3rd having a proc from her fourth will only serve to reset the proc and 2nd you don’t lose the proc from the 3rd until it expires

No synergy, no fun. The only reason we use Yareli is for that 200% pistol crit passive. Other frames can CC better. A full mechanical rework is the only way Yareli will be able to get much traction. Also WHY is her exalted K-Drive not moddable? It levels separately from her, so it's an exalted thing. But it doesn't scale off its own mods so it's part of Yareli. But if it's part of yareli and not an exalted thing, it shouldn't have its own slot or level separately.

Addendum as of....roughly two hours later: Yareli's situation isn't exactly helped very much either with the existence of Helminth invigorations. I mean, think about it. Why would I play a broken and badly designed frame when I could just slap on 250% critical chance with whatever to whichever frame is up to bat? For all intents and purposes, Yareli IS her passive. But when that bonus is put on someone else, what does she have left? A funny gimmick of K-drive indoors? Cuteness? Kawaii anime charm? Yes, yes, and yes. Gimmicks like Yareli don't get results.

Gimmick frames that get results are those like Gauss. He's a gimmick frame done right. He does the funny haha run across the plains at mach speed, but the speed also ties into the rest of his kit and is a core mechanic. He has CC, he has DR, he has a niche form of nuke damage, and massive performance boosting. He's funny, but for all the right reasons. Yareli is not. I hate to be a pessimist, but Yareli is by far the worst frame I've seen.

awesome, now if only there was an easier way (other than Platinum) of getting her, I'm not good at snowboarding/skateboarding games and I'm stuck on page 4 of Waverrider, I am unable to do any of the grinding or anything to get a combo up to 1500 pts and previous pages were only scored by just launching off highest tower in Fortuna and doing tricks on the way down. Yareli looks like a lot of fun but until I either invest in the platinum to buy her I'm unable to complete the Waverider quest

Archived