Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli Movement & Stat Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Ah yes, and Hydroid is balanced because he's got a loot mod. That also excuses the rest of his awful kit. 

Yeah, exactly! If I want to use a looting warframe that can also be a puddle, Hydroid is the best choice in the game. Likewise, Yareli is the best warframe in the game when it comes to riding around on a k-drive while shooting things with her secondary. 

If I wanted a warframe that could nuke or CC a whole room with abilities, I'd play a different frame. 

My main gripe with the weakness of Yareli's abilities is that she directly competes with Hydroid for the title of worst frame in the game, and so I have one less reason to want to play Hydroid. 

Related to the above conversation.  I did put aqua blades on Hydroid. 

Blender puddle is actually kind of fun. The ability itself is kind of weird. As it seems to be way op in basic star chart. While down right useless on higher level content. 

There was a reddit post where they said the philosophy of the ability is counter to the game.  Which I agree with.  As it wants you to zoom past enemies.  Causing them fatal damage but not sticking around to see it take effect. Which would be cool if every body abandoned didn't mean a forgotten drop. 

I get that you're only doing number buffs on Yareli at the moment, though I don't agree with it, but for the love of space mom,

can we at least get 90% damage reduction on Merulina?

One glance at Splinter Storm, Warding Halo, Eclipse, Shatter Shield, the entirety of Baruuk, et cetera, would tell you that 75% is just too little.

Just now, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I get that you're only doing number buffs on Yareli at the moment, though I don't agree with it, but for the love of space mom,

can we at least get 90% damage reduction on Merulina?

One glance at Splinter Storm, Warding Halo, Eclipse, Shatter Shield, the entirety of Baruuk, et cetera, would tell you that 75% is just too little.

Their argument will probably be "but they're not easily mission-long DR".

@DE, I get that, but the sheer amount of restriction imposed on Yareli when she's on Merulina makes up for the permanence of the DR. We're down without Infusions, Primaries, Melee, and standard Warframe mobility's precision. I definitely agree, we need at least 85% DR, maybe even 90% or 95% DR on her, even if it's dependent on Power Strength modding to achieve. Then she can be a mobile CC-Tank who sucks at doing damage, but helps keep things locked down. Rather than just being consistently rough to play with.

Please change her Merulina ability so that either

1. Mods equipped on companions like ANIMAL INSTINCT / PRIMED ANIMAL INSTINCT "pass through" and still take effect while Merulina is active (right now, all the benefits & effects of those mods are lost!)

-- and/OR --

2. Add +55 Loot Radar and +33 Enemy Radar as an innate effect of her Merulina ability while it is active (equivalent of Primed Animal Instinct)

The way it is now, aside from the current wonky movement issues, the "penalty" for using Merulina because of the way it deactivates synergistic effects from mods equipped on companions puts Merulina squarely in the NOPE category.

Edit/Addendum:  Earlier in this thread, someone also showed a "glitch" where a player was able to equip a primary weapon while on Merulina.  This needs to be a FEATURE--being able to switch weapons, and not strictly limited to using only one weapon in your arsenal while this ability is active, needs to be a thing

As it stands now, all the limitations, restrictions and penalties imposed by activating Merulina really make it an unappetizing ability to use.

2 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Probably, yeah, despite Merulina simply being the skateboard version of Iron Skin. Warding Halo's got more offense than Merulina, and both IS and WH are more mission-long DR than Merulina, because the former two have damage absorption.

This isn't going to be enough. It is going to take a lot more buffs in order to even get Yarreli to be a fun frame, not a good one.

Spoiler

Here is how I would do it.

1st ability: Cause the number of bubbles to increase based on power strength, starting at 7. These snares should be able to go through walls and slowly float up to 25 meters away. The base duration should be about 10 seconds at most.
*BONUS* Enemies effected by Sea Snares take more damage from Yarreli's other abilities and her weapons while she is on Merulina.

2nd ability: Give Merulina shields and make her shields and health scale off of Yarreli's. Cause the damage reduction to increase to up to 100% but only if you have max power strength. Merulina should constantly trail waves in a similiar manner to Nezha or a K-Drive with the Trail Blazer Mod (But it does more damage). Also, make Yarreli slightly smaller so she can fit through most doors in the grineer tileset while on the jelly hoverboard.

3rd ability: Make aquablades effect any enemies within the radius, period. Allow the ring to increase in size as the earlier change effectively makes range viable. The damage should scale based on the number of dudes you have in the radius, but not exponentially.

4th ability: Force the enemies from the explosion into a congealed heap. For 5 seconds, the enemies should remain bunched together and should only take one sea snare to snare them all. They take increased damage from Aquablades and Merulina for 10 seconds.

And that is how I would fix this train wreck of a frame. It wouldn't be perfect (What is perfect? Certainly not me) but at least we wouldn't have to worry about everyone else just flat out overcoming her.

Le 19/08/2021 à 14:57, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

Yareli improvements are incoming, Tenno! You’ve been patiently waiting for word on what changes will come to our latest Warframe, and this Dev Workshop covers our current plans for her kit. Read on!

We have 2 areas that are being buffed: Stats, and Utility. 

Utility Changes: We are introducing a foundational change to Yareli’s movement: Merulina Dashing (tap Roll/Dash)! 

This can be executed in any direction and is effectively a new way to close gaps (or quickly retreat!) and alter the direction of Yareli aboard Merulina! This also enhances the way you can traverse vertically with responsive directional input while in the air. We’ve made a handy .gif to demonstrate just what we mean: 

What you see in this .gif is a vertical traversal that’s currently tough to do with Yareli. However,  with the forward dash the momentum movement now allows for directional maneuvering. Then, we see Yareli Dash both Forward AND Back in the .gif, showing how you can certainly take advantage of this new movement tool!

This is a change that’s best experienced in your hands, but it is certainly a huge improvement for navigating all of Warframes tilesets! 

We have also made some changes to general Merulina movement by allowing for shorter jumps, and reducing overall jump charge time.

Yareli Stat Changes:
We’ve made some Stat changes to Yareli’s abilities as well. These are buffs across the board, and details are as follows: 

Sea Snares:
-Increase seek speed by about 60% and slightly increase bubble visibility to better register your casts. 

Aquablades:
-Increase range by just about 25%
-Increase damage and duration by 50%

RipTide:
Bigger is better. The bigger we Rip, the more enemies, the better scaling, and so on!
-Increase radius by 25%

You can look forward to this in our next update, Tenno! 

Cheers! 

15 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Here's the thing: it'd be nice if we even got THAT much. But here we are, shouting into the ether, without the slightest bit of a response to our concerns. There have been many good suggestions, many valid concerns, and even some not-so-good suggestions, yet we get absolutely no response to ANY of it. So we sit here, seeing these changes that pretty much everyone can see won't be enough, yet we don't have the slightest actual idea of why DE are so hesitant to make the significant improvements Yareli desperately needs. And the only mention on the dev stream was about the new dodge roll. It's incredibly vexing to be so consistently ignored.

8 minutes ago, Perisie said:

Here's the thing: it'd be nice if we even got THAT much. But here we are, shouting into the ether, without the slightest bit of a response to our concerns. There have been many good suggestions, many valid concerns, and even some not-so-good suggestions, yet we get absolutely no response to ANY of it. So we sit here, seeing these changes that pretty much everyone can see won't be enough, yet we don't have the slightest actual idea of why DE are so hesitant to make the significant improvements Yareli desperately needs. And the only mention on the dev stream was about the new dodge roll. It's incredibly vexing to be so consistently ignored.

Time to call the Canadian Centre for Child Protection and report DE for neglect.

One thing that's always boggled my mind about this frame is that for a frame so competent at K-driving on Merulina... you would think Yareli would be capable of using the other equipped weapons loaded out besides just the pistols... but apparently not.

It gives no incentive at all (in fact negative incentive) to even use Merulina.  I love my melees (mainly glaive weps such as the Pathocyst), and I love my primaries, and I'm sure many others love theirs too.  I want to be able to use them.  I mean what the heck, Yareli can shoot at targets accurately with a pistol while riding, but can't even throw a glaive?  I find that hard to believe.

All of my Yareli loadouts have involved me deleting that ability altogether and replacing it via helminth with abilities that don't actually limit my gameplay.

And as others have said already, lack of synergy with these abilities is also part of the detriment to this frame.  Synergy provides incentive to use all of the abilities because they actually enhance one another.  Leaving them all as standalone abilities limits their effectiveness to their default condition, which, as others have stated, even with these numerical stat buffs, it doesn't make up for their lack of effectiveness that is intrinsic to the ability designs themselves - not the stats.

Well these are good quality of life things to make the K-drive less cumbersome on regular tilesets, but i only see some base changes but base is not her problem, her problem is scaling, if you take her into steel path you need to spam the 1st and 4th ability several times to get the CC or damage many frames do with 1 or 2 presses and a fraction of the energy cost, i really think adding some defenses-reducing effect to aqua blades would help her a lot with scaling AND help justify the 75 energy cost for a non-scaling, damage-only ability (I thought it was pretty clear by now that non-scaling, damage-only abilities are not useful at higher levels and generally not even used (un-augmented) when they're put in the 25 energy slot).

...also where is the ability synergies?! Pablo we trusted you, y u do dis?

Movement changes look good, just worried the changes to her kit aren't enough. I feel like if her aqua blades had a little homing they'd be more enjoyable to use. Too often do I need to try too hard to get them actually in the specific circle range to get hit by it and it just doesn't worth using like this. Riptide being bigger is nice too, but it doesn't really change the fundamental problems that it isn't a good tool to group enemies up nicely and it doesn't do very good damage do make up for that. These are for sure the right steps, just hope she gets a little more work

Archived