Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli Movement & Stat Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

All this looks good, I'd just like to throw out a suggestion for the "Subsumed Abilities can't be used on Merulina" thing. 

Pablo pretty much confirmed (in this tweet) that it wouldn't be happening due to it requiring a bunch of code and animations. If the idea ever became a possibility, would it be a possible solution to use canned animations for subsumed abilities, for example:

• For self buffs/AoEs, raising her hand above her head and spraying out a small shower of bubbles
  • For linear/projectile attacks, perhaps posing and blowing bubbles like a kiss from her hand 

As is my affinity for the things that are seemingly trash everyone else hates, I've taken an immediate liking to Yareli, but not being able to use subsumed abiltlies on Merulina kind of bites super hard... I hope there's some way we can get it at some point

2 hours ago, MoonYuTsu said:

If the idea ever became a possibility, would it be a possible solution to use canned animations for subsumed abilities

Alternatively, just use the ground animation aka treat being on Merulina as standing on the ground for the sake of casting abilities. Riptide is a full body animation that looks the same on Merulina and on the ground, so that somehow works.

On 2021-08-19 at 11:00 PM, Taiepii said:

Seeing you guy working to give some change is nice. 

But honestly, that still not enough to make the frame interesting.

I totally disagree. Personally Yareli is one of my favorite frames. I love the K drive, the water theme, especially the bubble prison, but I love her whole kit. If you don't like water and surfing go play Rhino or smth (:

hace 3 horas, (PSN)haleprof dijo:

I totally disagree. Personally Yareli is one of my favorite frames. I love the K drive, the water theme, especially the bubble prison, but I love her whole kit. If you don't like water and surfing go play Rhino or smth (:

What a restrictive and simplistic point of view. The fact that you enjoy her kit doesn't make it good. The fact that you enjoy her theme doesn't invalidate criticism. The fact that you like k drive doesnt diminish others opinions on the frame.

Cheers to you if you enjoy her, but she is still a very poorly designed frame and I would rather have people giving constructive criticism than people trying to berate others opinions.

Yareli was a good idea until her kit made no sense and has very little synergy, my thought was that she was lacking background or theme that would go together because now Yareli is like a mythical water sprite that uses a surf board, Merulina, with little involvement with her abilities. I would like to see her be more involved with her abilities and even maybe getting rid of the K-drive , like for e.g she would be skating on water or a tidal wave instead of riding on Merulina. Or keep Merulina but you when you do tricks, slam the ground or any other form of movement you can conjure up her bubbles that don't lift enemies but damages them, just a thought. But if Merulina is going to be the main thing about Yareli then focusing the synergy between Merulina and Yareli's other abilities would probably counter the fact you cant move around fluidly. And yes doing changes and tweaking is probably a pain but its worth it in the end. 

Other than that these changes are a start to making her more engaging to play with using Merulina, making it less K-drive and adding originality to Merulina. The buffs are nice but still better to try and have some synergy other than making her almost into a spam 3rd or 4th Warframe. 

Hopefully this helps and looking forward to the next patch. 

On 2021-08-28 at 3:50 AM, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Alternatively, just use the ground animation aka treat being on Merulina as standing on the ground for the sake of casting abilities. Riptide is a full body animation that looks the same on Merulina and on the ground, so that somehow works.

This. Probably most of players wouldn't mind if there were some light visual bugs in animations (e.g. frame move slightly too much, at slightly weird angle or something).

However what this means (not reply directly to you Waifu but you may answer if you want):

Helminth abilities on the other hand, essentially would require special animations and code for each of the 50ish abilities which is not something we can really take on at this time.

Why it requires any code at all.

I mean abilities works on Merulina (her 1st, 2nd & 4th). Infused abilities works on Merulina if you start them before (I think there were some bugs but few powers I've tried worked).

Have they written code for each frame or even frame combination (when they have been making the Helminth system) to make such statement about writing code for 50ish abilities?

8 minutes ago, quxier said:

Why it requires any code at all.

I mean abilities works on Merulina (her 1st, 2nd & 4th). Infused abilities works on Merulina if you start them before (I think there were some bugs but few powers I've tried worked).

Have they written code for each frame or even frame combination (when they have been making the Helminth system) to make such statement about writing code for 50ish abilities?

Worth noting is that Helminth abilities can be activated by Titania during Razorwing. This includes full body animations like Gloom. Basically, Helminth abilities not working on Merulina is nothing short of laziness and neglect. DE has solved this kind of issue before, they just choose to not do it now.

On 2021-08-27 at 7:31 PM, MoonYuTsu said:

All this looks good, I'd just like to throw out a suggestion for the "Subsumed Abilities can't be used on Merulina" thing. 

Pablo pretty much confirmed (in this tweet) that it wouldn't be happening due to it requiring a bunch of code and animations. If the idea ever became a possibility, would it be a possible solution to use canned animations for subsumed abilities, for example:

• For self buffs/AoEs, raising her hand above her head and spraying out a small shower of bubbles
  • For linear/projectile attacks, perhaps posing and blowing bubbles like a kiss from her hand 
On 2021-08-27 at 9:50 PM, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

I feel like the best and easiest option (aside from doing the lame option of leaving things lame) would be for DE to configure it so that "only 1-handed-cast abilities can be cast from Merulina/K-Drives, the rest make you automatically dismount or jump off of the board before triggering". That should be ludicrously simple to implement (compared to alternatives) with a ridiculously effective payoff to the usability of K-Drives and Merulina.

Theoretical implementation thoughts on the actual design/development side:

Spoiler

This is amateur armchair development from someone who doesn't even remember what engines DE is using, but -

DE can clearly copy-past full-body animations from one Warframe to another, per the Helminth system existing, Warframe animation-sets, etc. Specific animations can also summon (Khora's whip) or disappear (various "magic trick" animations like Limbo/Mirage) components. I'd be surprised, therefore, if DE was unable to just overwrite the animations of one Warframe's body parts with another.
For example, only overwriting the shoulder-and-arm animations while riding a K-Drive (we're able to wave our pistols around, so that feels like a safe assumption), or everything above the hips maybe?

I'd be shocked at it being too hard to at least rig one-handed casts to be able to be cast from on a K-Drive.

In the event that it's too difficult or impossible to just freeze the hips-and-lower to continue only doing K-drive-riding animations while the upper body does the Ability animations, it should be extremely simple for DE to have casting non-1-handed-castable-abilities simply transition the player from being in an "on k-drive" state, to being in the standard "warframe" state, and then either immediately triggering the ability (like Gauss/Lavos/Rhino immediately rushing forward with their respective "movement" abilities as if cast from midair), or doing a short single-jump forward-and-up from the K-Drive and casting from midair (Garuda entering her floaty midair Seeking Talons state, ground-reliant casts such as Oberon's Hallowed Ground simply being treated as a midair cast and rocketing him to the ground in front of the stopped K-Drive, etc). 

Enabling 1-handed casts and auto-dismount-and-casts for K-Drives hopefully is (and imo should be) super easy.

In a further-ideal world, DE would transition a bunch of the abilities that look like one-handed abilities to also be treated as such for this K-Drive adjustment, as per the Wiki, currently:
"One-Handed Abilities are Warframe abilities that can be cast while reloading, without interrupting said reloading. They are called such because the animations to cast these abilities generally use up to one hand each, leaving the other hand free to reload weapons. This does not imply that all ability animations which show only one hand doing things are one-handed abilities; it only refers to the fact that a hand is still able to be reloading a weapon while the ability is being cast."
I wouldn't expect these abilities to suddenly allow the reloads to finish, but if the animation only uses one hand, it'd be nice for it to work on K-Drives and Merulina, rather than having some "one-handed"-looking abilities work on them, and some not.

It may sound like a minor change, but it'd probably feel almost as good as Melee 2.999's update, where you no longer have to switch in and out of melee/gun/exalted modes manually, but can immediately use the thing you pressed the button for, automatically switching off/away from the previous state. Being able to K-Drive around casting your 1-handed abilities like Shuriken, Smite, Shock, Freeze, etc, and then Mach/Vial-rushing directly off of the K-Drive, or immediately transforming into Razorwing form, or jumping off and unleashing a storm of Seeking Talons without having to manually dismount off of the K-Drive first.... Doesn't look like it should be too hard development-wise, and would be beyond epic as an upgrade to make K-Drives feel more worth using, and Merulina/Yareli by extension.

On a separate note, I had a thought for added Merulina functionality.

Problem:

Merulina costs 25 energy every time you wanna re-mount her. If you AoE-stagger yourself off of her, or ragdoll yourself off of her, or wanted to use a crouch-slide/bullet-jump shortcut rather than use Merulina, you'll have to pay that chunk of energy every time you want to re-cast her. And currently, her lack of flexibility (no melee, no Helminth Infusions, no primary weapon usage, less precise mobility to avoid pitfalls) gives you a lot of incentive to dismount her often (or forcibly be dismounted), which results in a lot of energy being spent towards not a lot of utility.

Solution:

If Yareli is supposed to be a CC-Frame, why can't Merulina be given similar utilities (and pathing mechanics) as Octavia's Resonator, or Khora's Venari?
You could summon Merulina for the first time for 50 energy, but instead of disappearing when you dismount from her, she sticks around (as long as her health lasts) to lure distract and draw fire from enemies, and to lure them to any lingering SeaSnare traps.
Triggering her ability again would make her immediately dissolve into a puddle of water (maybe leaving behind 1 SeaSnare?) and appear under Yareli as she does currently, but for only 5 or 10 energy.
Holding the ability button would dismiss Merulina (into 3ish SeaSnares?) so that you could re-summon her at full health, so that you don't mount Merulina only to immediately have her last sliver of health taken and dismounting you, nor do you have to intentionally wait for Merulina to die of natural causes (enemy damage) to start from a full health pool.
Another simple synergy option that could be implemented would be for a portion of SeaSnare, Aquablade, and Riptide damage done to enemies, to restore Merulina's health back up to it's initial health pool's max. Maybe if Merulina is taking 75% of the damage for Yareli, maybe while riding Merulina, Yareli gets 25% of the healing as well, shoring up the weakness of the DR only being 75%?

Making Marulina continue to persist and have utility upon dismount, and being cheaply re-mountable would go hand-in-hand with everyone's suggestions for K-Drive mods being applicable to Merulina, as she could proc Slay Board, Trail Blazer, and Quick Escape, and my previous post's suggestion of allowing Infused abilities to dismount Yareli from Merulina would be less painful as well.

(I just realized as an added bonus to energy-economy saving, locating and manually hopping back onto the lingering Merulina could be made free for Yareli to re-equip her)

4 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

I feel like the best and easiest option (aside from doing the lame option of leaving things lame) would be for DE to configure it so that "only 1-handed-cast abilities can be cast from Merulina/K-Drives, the rest make you automatically dismount or jump off of the board before triggering". That should be ludicrously simple to implement (compared to alternatives) with a ridiculously effective payoff to the usability of K-Drives and Merulina.

Easiest doesn't mean it's the best.

6 abilities (at the moment) are infusable. At least 4 of them you may want to cast more than once (so you cannot turn them on before).

On other hand more or less (I might missed some or made mistake) 13 abilities that you can use (unless there is a bug) just by turning them on before entering Merulina.

So you are changing stuffs for like 64%. That's not so good.

And it already has been done stated by Waifu:

2 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Worth noting is that Helminth abilities can be activated by Titania during Razorwing. This includes full body animations like Gloom. Basically, Helminth abilities not working on Merulina is nothing short of laziness and neglect. DE has solved this kind of issue before, they just choose to not do it now.

So I don't think it's the easiest solution..

9 minutes ago, quxier said:

Easiest doesn't mean it's the best.

6 abilities (at the moment) are infusable. At least 4 of them you may want to cast more than once (so you cannot turn them on before).

On other hand more or less (I might missed some or made mistake) 13 abilities that you can use (unless there is a bug) just by turning them on before entering Merulina.

So you are changing stuffs for like 64%. That's not so good.

Easiest means it's the most likely thing DE will be willing to do, and I'd rather they did something than nothing.

I double-checked numbers and the fact that you bolded my text, you mean 6 out of two-handed-cast Infuse-able abilities on that wiki page? For those 6 Infused Abilities on Yareli, or infused or naturally available on another Warframe using a K-Drive in Open World missions, having them automatically quickly-dismount-and-cast those abilities is still definitely better than having to manually dismount and then manually cast the ability. Half the number of button presses, and this ability-use-dismount would also be faster than the current standard dismounts. A lot of abilities seem missing from both of these pages, actually, such as Blood Altar, which is a good example of an ability that kinda *demands* a dismount anyways, as it has the Warframe physically closing in on an enemy and performing a more complex animation. DE could make a quick-time-event prompt for auto-re-mounting back onto the K-Drives with a backflip (or just re-summoning it under the Warframe) after these abilities have been executed, if we really wanted to reduce the inconvenience of manually unmounting and mounting onto the K-Drives and enable better ability-usage flexibility on K-Drives.

I don't get what you mean by "changing stuffs for like 64%". This would be a universal change for all Warframes to be able to cast from K-Drives (either directly or via an auto-dismount-and-cast), giving players a reason to use K-Drives (or Yareli/Merulina) instead of using Archwing (since Archwings can use their abilities).

45 minutes ago, quxier said:

And it already has been done stated by Waifu:

3 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

So I don't think it's the easiest solution..

I'd have to double-check what it looks like for Titania or Zephyr in Razorwing or Tailwind-floating modes to speak to this more accurately, but I'm assuming the non-issue with them is that DE has never really restricted us from casting things in midair before. Just look at what it looks like when you use a Narta/Emote while using Archwings. But on a K-Drive/Merulina, the Warframe would very immersion-breakingly step off of the K-Drive/Merulina into empty space to do some of these footwork-utilizing casts.

Again, DE could enable/allow one-handed casts (which I imagine is pretty easy), and either could make upper-torso/D-drive versions of all of the Ability casts in the game, or they could simply allow Warframes to immediately auto-dismount-and-cast the not-one-handed-cast abilities. These would benefit both Yareli/Merulina, and any K-Drive users as well.

I wouldn't mind if they wanted to pick-and-choose which abilities were easiest to make upper-body-versions of the animations for K-Drive, and make the more complicated ones do the dismount. But honestly, even making all of the non-one-handed abilities do an auto-dismount would still be an improvement over the current situation.

And if people are worried about Nova's Wormhole and such trivializing K-Drive races, the solution would be for abilities to be deactivated during races, or disqualify you from being on the competitive leaderboards, or have separate leaderboards for no-ability and ability-using runs of the races.

56 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

But on a K-Drive/Merulina, the Warframe would very immersion-breakingly step off of the K-Drive/Merulina into empty space to do some of these footwork-utilizing casts.

Yeah, it would be very immersion-breaking if a mounted Yareli would, say, jump up into the air, spin around, and do a little side kick, all while maintaining her relative position to a Merulina in motion.

Oh wait, that's Riptide.

I'd like to just briefly interject here for a moment if I may. I've seen some great ideas posted here on how to make Yareli better. I've posted some of my own. Some ideas are better than others, but there's a common theme to be found running throughout: even the most bizarre and out-there ideas are at least an attempt to apply something that is notably lacking in Yareli's kit. Call it synergy, call it ability-theming, call it Fred for all I care, the point is that it's missing on Yareli and that point alone should warrant another look at her. It's not simply a bunch of vocal forum trolls whinging ceaselessly, I'd be willing to bet my last forma that the back-end metrics at DE bear out a cavernous fall-off in frame playtime from the time Yareli was released and a week or two afterward.

This point was borne out to me in high contrast relief this weekend. In anticipation for the Nidus Prime release ("Soon™"), I dusted off my old Nidus that I haven't played in quite some time. His entire kit from top-to-bottom is themed to work together as a whole. It's all predicated on building stacks. So your first skill builds stacks (naturally.) His second skill clumps everything up in a ball so you can hit them with your first skill (again, to build stacks.) His third skill tethers you to an enemy or ally. When tethered to an ally and you use your first skill, you actually drop an additional strip of goo to build stacks from both you and your ally, doubling your potential to build stacks. And of course, his ultimate drops a big disgusting goop garden with maggots that regen you and allies, act as mild crowd control, and (you guessed it) builds stacks! It's almost as if someone designed all of his skills to work together and build off each other somehow! 🙄

So with that in mind, please...DE...please take another look at Yareli with that same purposeful intent to a skill rework that doesn't look like her skills were plucked at random from a hat. The end goal should be one that is not only based around her thematically as "the Vent-Kid's heroine", but should all work together to provide a cohesive experience across her entire skillset, interplaying between skills and providing emergent results by combining those skills. That's all we ask. Thanks for listening. 

8 minutes ago, StarGeezerTim said:

I'd like to just briefly interject here for a moment if I may. I've seen some great ideas posted here on how to make Yareli better. I've posted some of my own. Some ideas are better than others, but there's a common theme to be found running throughout: even the most bizarre and out-there ideas are at least an attempt to apply something that is notably lacking in Yareli's kit. Call it synergy, call it ability-theming, call it Fred for all I care, the point is that it's missing on Yareli and that point alone should warrant another look at her. It's not simply a bunch of vocal forum trolls whinging ceaselessly, I'd be willing to bet my last forma that the back-end metrics at DE bear out a cavernous fall-off in frame playtime from the time Yareli was released and a week or two afterward.

This point was borne out to me in high contrast relief this weekend. In anticipation for the Nidus Prime release ("Soon™"), I dusted off my old Nidus that I haven't played in quite some time. His entire kit from top-to-bottom is themed to work together as a whole. It's all predicated on building stacks. So your first skill builds stacks (naturally.) His second skill clumps everything up in a ball so you can hit them with your first skill (again, to build stacks.) His third skill tethers you to an enemy or ally. When tethered to an ally and you use your first skill, you actually drop an additional strip of goo to build stacks from both you and your ally, doubling your potential to build stacks. And of course, his ultimate drops a big disgusting goop garden with maggots that regen you and allies, act as mild crowd control, and (you guessed it) builds stacks! It's almost as if someone designed all of his skills to work together and build off each other somehow! 🙄

So with that in mind, please...DE...please take another look at Yareli with that same purposeful intent to a skill rework that doesn't look like her skills were plucked at random from a hat. The end goal should be one that is not only based around her thematically as "the Vent-Kid's heroine", but should all work together to provide a cohesive experience across her entire skillset, interplaying between skills and providing emergent results by combining those skills. That's all we ask. Thanks for listening. 

Beyond synergy/cohesiveness, she's also missing meaningful scaling and relevance beyond star chart.  Synergy would be nice, but scaling opens her up to use in more content.  

Ideally, we'd get both.  If we can only have one, I'd prefer more scaling.

14 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Beyond synergy/cohesiveness, she's also missing meaningful scaling and relevance beyond star chart.  Synergy would be nice, but scaling opens her up to use in more content.  

Ideally, we'd get both.  If we can only have one, I'd prefer more scaling.

One would hope we'd get both, particularly if they go through the effort of a re-work. I'm not sure simply scaling up the math on skills that are inherently sub-par is the solution. Sea Snares don't work half the time, either getting hung on geometry or not seeking targets properly. Aquablades are fidgety to get them to hit and leave you open to being pummeled into paste. Rip-tide scatters targets at the end of the skill's duration, making re-application difficult. Simply upping the numbers isn't going to make them any more compelling to use. We're not asking for a room-nuking "push button to win" solution, just one that makes sense with her theme and has that same interactivity other frames enjoy.

1 minute ago, StarGeezerTim said:

One would hope we'd get both, particularly if they go through the effort of a re-work. I'm not sure simply scaling up the math on skills that are inherently sub-par is the solution. Sea Snares don't work half the time, either getting hung on geometry or not seeking targets properly. Aquablades are fidgety to get them to hit and leave you open to being pummeled into paste. Rip-tide scatters targets at the end of the skill's duration, making re-application difficult. Simply upping the numbers isn't going to make them any more compelling to use. We're not asking for a room-nuking "push button to win" solution, just one that makes sense with her theme and has that same interactivity other frames enjoy.

Agreed, and perhaps I should clarify.  I don't mean just cranking up the numbers like they have been with her recent buffs.  I mean adding things to her kit so that she can address content as it scales in level.  Something like the math on Vauban's 3 could work.  But it doesn't just have to take enemy level into account.  I would argue that "scaling," as it has come to be used when discussing Warframe, also refers to abilities that strip enemy defenses or multiply damage (Nyx's 2, Sevagoth's 1, etc.).

Yareli already can adequately nuke low level content.  I'm not asking for flat damage boosts.  I want complexity, utility, and growth.  Perhaps synergies could lead to that.

8 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Agreed, and perhaps I should clarify.  I don't mean just cranking up the numbers like they have been with her recent buffs.  I mean adding things to her kit so that she can address content as it scales in level.  Something like the math on Vauban's 3 could work.  But it doesn't just have to take enemy level into account.  I would argue that "scaling," as it has come to be used when discussing Warframe, also refers to abilities that strip enemy defenses or multiply damage (Nyx's 2, Sevagoth's 1, etc.).

Yareli already can adequately nuke low level content.  I'm not asking for flat damage boosts.  I want complexity, utility, and growth.  Perhaps synergies could lead to that.

On that, we both agree! 💯

1 minute ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I don't mean just cranking up the numbers like they have been with her recent buffs.  I mean adding things to her kit so that she can address content as it scales in level.

Doesn't have to be the most extreme changes either. Making Sea Snares CC in an AoE on impact and giving Riptide a duration so you could take advantage of the grouping would be great buffs alone, plus making Merulina more like Warding Halo (90% DR and damage absorption) and whatever it'd take to fix Aquablades (moddable range, for a start). These changes alone would make her usable, albeit still very basic. The only number-cranking that would actually be meaningful for her is that DR, but as long as DE refuses to do even that, I have no hope for this frame.

1 hour ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Easiest means it's the most likely thing DE will be willing to do, and I'd rather they did something than nothing.

Yes, but it's not even the easiest. If I understand stuffs correctly they've already done such things. It should require only fine tuning.

I double-checked numbers and the fact that you bolded my text, you mean 6 out of two-handed-cast Infuse-able abilities on that wiki page?

Yes, I meant 2h abilities that you can infuse.

For those 6 Infused Abilities on Yareli, or infused or naturally available on another Warframe using a K-Drive in Open World missions, having them automatically quickly-dismount-and-cast those abilities is still definitely better than having to manually dismount and then manually cast the ability

Consider such scenario:

- You want to ride Merulina all the time. Now you can do it, cast abilities etc till Merulina dies. It's very simple and straightforward.

- You infuse Inaros/Desicate.

- I want to ride Merulina and Desicate bunch of enemies.

With your scenario I would have to cast Merulina each time I Desicate. Even 3 times in short amount of time would be bad. It's better but but still bad for such abilities. This "bug" has already been "implemented". There are some nice abilities but they turns of your sprint. They would be nice abilities but by messing sprint they are annoying and rarely used.

if we really wanted to reduce the inconvenience of manually unmounting and mounting onto the K-Drives and enable better ability-usage flexibility on K-Drives.

That would be better. It would probably require some speed increase (remounting + ability may takes long time).

don't get what you mean by "changing stuffs for like 64%".

This would be a universal change for all Warframes to be able to cast from K-Drives (either directly or via an auto-dismount-and-cast), giving players a reason to use K-Drives (or Yareli/Merulina) instead of using Archwing (since Archwings can use their abilities).

I meant that 4 abilities wouldn't use your system because it's easier to use them without Merulina. Other abilities with duration could be cast before so your suggestion won't change too much. Other 64% of infusable abilities may use your system.

This one meant for strictly Yareli & infusable abilities. The number would change for K-drives.

2 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

I'd have to double-check what it looks like for Titania or Zephyr in Razorwing or Tailwind-floating modes to speak to this more accurately, but I'm assuming the non-issue with them is that DE has never really restricted us from casting things in midair before. Just look at what it looks like when you use a Narta/Emote while using Archwings. But on a K-Drive/Merulina, the Warframe would very immersion-breakingly step off of the K-Drive/Merulina into empty space to do some of these footwork-utilizing casts.

If the issue is how things looks and that they breaks immersions INSTEAD of things that could improve your gameplay (either by adding fun or good stuffs) then it makes me sad.

You know how how lot of weapons or their animations are beautiful/amazing? If I had 3D printer and some "3d skills" I would print a lot of them. I'm still waiting for Sarpa prime.

In the actual game... I've got maybe 5-10 stances that are not broken (swapped forward with standing combos) or have weird/uninteresting combo(s). I have most weapons (not counting Zaws) but I'm not sure if I use 5% of those.

1 hour ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Yeah, it would be very immersion-breaking if a mounted Yareli would, say, jump up into the air, spin around, and do a little side kick, all while maintaining her relative position to a Merulina in motion.

Oh wait, that's Riptide.

In fairness they probably specifically made sure her animation wouldn't step off into midair though, since they made the abilities for the same Warframe. 

3 minutes ago, StarGeezerTim said:

On that, we both agree! 💯

Me three, ditto. Scaling and synergy and base ability mechanics are what's needed, more than anything else. She's epic  and decently fun on earth (like practically all frames are even when unmodded), and still kinda hanging on even at the end of the starchart, but falls off too hard after that. My vote would be scaling > mechanics > scaling, but I agree that any/all would be preferable to flat number buffs, most of the flat numbers don't need increases.

9 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

The only number-cranking that would actually be meaningful for her is that DR, but as long as DE refuses to do even that, I have no hope for this frame.

Idk I'd take a self healing mechanic over DR boosts, half of why Nezha/Nekros are truly tanky is because they can make health orbs like no tomorrow, gives them longevity. But I'd definitely take DR boosts over nothing.

13 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

Making Sea Snares CC in an AoE on impact and giving Riptide a duration so you could take advantage of the grouping would be great buffs alone, plus making Merulina more like Warding Halo (90% DR and damage absorption) and whatever it'd take to fix Aquablades (moddable range, for a start).

These or any of the other suggested changes in this thread would be great additions for her imo.

Now if only DE would only advise us that they're planning to alter her kit to be a bit better than this pitiful stat bump and mobility change, and before they take ages to release New War. Even just saying they would, even if they waited to do it until after New War, would be preferable to the sheer lack of responsiveness they've been exhibiting in the last few months.

Archived