Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli Movement & Stat Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

15 minutes ago, quxier said:

Yes, but it's not even the easiest. If I understand stuffs correctly they've already done such things. It should require only fine tuning.

Consider such scenario:

- You want to ride Merulina all the time. Now you can do it, cast abilities etc till Merulina dies. It's very simple and straightforward.

- You infuse Inaros/Desicate.

- I want to ride Merulina and Desicate bunch of enemies.

With your scenario I would have to cast Merulina each time I Desicate. Even 3 times in short amount of time would be bad. It's better but but still bad for such abilities. This "bug" has already been "implemented". There are some nice abilities but they turns of your sprint. They would be nice abilities but by messing sprint they are annoying and rarely used.

That would be better. It would probably require some speed increase (remounting + ability may takes long time).

I meant that 4 abilities wouldn't use your system because it's easier to use them without Merulina. Other abilities with duration could be cast before so your suggestion won't change too much. Other 64% of infusable abilities may use your system.

This one meant for strictly Yareli & infusable abilities. The number would change for K-drives.

If the issue is how things looks and that they breaks immersions INSTEAD of things that could improve your gameplay (either by adding fun or good stuffs) then it makes me sad.

You know how how lot of weapons or their animations are beautiful/amazing? If I had 3D printer and some "3d skills" I would print a lot of them. I'm still waiting for Sarpa prime.

In the actual game... I've got maybe 5-10 stances that are not broken (swapped forward with standing combos) or have weird/uninteresting combo(s). I have most weapons (not counting Zaws) but I'm not sure if I use 5% of those.

I still have no idea what you mean by that fine tuning comment.

Yeah, dismounting would be worse than being able to cast directly from KDrive, but an auto-dismount-and-cast, especially with a QTE for auto-remounting, especially if DE implemented my "Merulina doesn't disappear" suggestion and allows the same QTE remount, is still better than having to manually dismount, cast, and remount (or cast Merulina).

Ideally DE would at least split the difference between an ability's normal cast time, and the dismount-and-cast time. So they're subtract 1/2 of the dismount time from the cast time.

And just because some abilities can be cast before mounting a KDrive or Yareli, doesn't mean they wouldn't be easier to casually cast with my suggestion, if they ran out or got deactivated and needed casting when you were already on the KDrive/Merulina.

Graphics aren't everything, but they aren't worthless. Every nonsensical pose or animation detracts from the experience. I don't think it should trump gameplay, but it's fair for them to consider graphics when they're designing these systems.

32 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Idk I'd take a self healing mechanic over DR boosts, half of why Nezha/Nekros are truly tanky is because they can make health orbs like no tomorrow, gives them longevity. But I'd definitely take DR boosts over nothing.

My priorities are the other way around, but I definitely would like it if she had both. Adding a bit of lifesteal to Aquablades that heals both Yareli and Merulina would be a nice touch. Would also make the ability usable even against tougher enemies.

35 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Even just saying they would, even if they waited to do it until after New War, would be preferable to the sheer lack of responsiveness they've been exhibiting in the last few months.

This. So much this. Just something like the following made-up quote would put my mind at ease, knowing that she won't just be forgotten once the next frame comes out, as it often feels like.

"We acknowledge these issues that Yareli has but do not have time to fix them because New War. Look forward to buffs addressing these issues (and potentially a few others as they crop up) in the near future after New War's out and stable - it will be one of our top priorities after that."

21 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

I still have no idea what you mean by that fine tuning comment.

I meant that most of the work is done. Say, you need to bake 100 cakes. DE has already bake, let's say, 95. They need to bake another 5. Change cakes with lines of codes (or something).

26 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

And just because some abilities can be cast before mounting a KDrive or Yareli, doesn't mean they wouldn't be easier to casually cast with my suggestion, if they ran out or got deactivated and needed casting when you were already on the KDrive/Merulina.

Sure stuffs like Nullies maybe be annoying.

Recasting abilities would be easier to cast but they are not meant to be cast so frequently so minor inconvenience doesn't mean too much.

29 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Graphics aren't everything, but they aren't worthless. Every nonsensical pose or animation detracts from the experience. I don't think it should trump gameplay, but it's fair for them to consider graphics when they're designing these systems.

However, imho, they are preoccupied with graphics/animations leaving a little to actual gameplay. Graphics/animation is worthless without actual gameplay behind it. It's better to have few interesting mechanics than hundreds same mechanics with different animation/graphics. As for Merulina, you are saying that the problem is that it might look bad and that's why they are not doing it. By not allowing bad animation/graphics you are just letting Merulina be boring-not-use-infused-abilities thing.

1 minute ago, quxier said:

By not allowing bad animation/graphics you are just letting Merulina be boring-not-use-infused-abilities thing.

Yeah it'd be better if they allowed 99% of abilities be cast from K-drive by default, and only make a few that required an auto-dismount, that clearly don't make much sense to do from a K-Drive. Like Garuda's Blood Altar (and Infusion that can go on anyone), or Atlas/Excalibur's Landslide/Slash-Dash. I'm sure for most of them, DE could fudge it so that the K-Drive just spun with the Warframe's footwork to keep both of them planted.

I'm just providing potential solutions, it's DE that's already decided to arbitrarily block all Helminth abilities and put no work into making them work on K-Drives/Merulina 🤷‍♂️

30 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

This. So much this. Just something like the following made-up quote would put my mind at ease, knowing that she won't just be forgotten once the next frame comes out, as it often feels like.

You'll love my other thread then

Feels like DE's doing the absolute bare minimum to interact with anyone, and unwilling to take constructive criticism, and unwilling to truly fix things with much more than simple number tweaks. Merulina's bullet-jump-like maneuver as a pitiful exception to that trend. Maybe in part due to their Tennocon, and their eagerness to push out a "big, successful update" like New War, but I don't think those are great excuses for dropping the ball several times, so consistently, for a bunch of the stuff dropping beforehand and failing to at least verbally follow up on them afterwards.

7 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Feels like DE's doing the absolute bare minimum to interact with anyone, and unwilling to take constructive criticism, and unwilling to truly fix things with much more than simple number tweaks. Merulina's bullet-jump-like maneuver as a pitiful exception to that trend. Maybe in part due to their Tennocon, and their eagerness to push out a "big, successful update" like New War, but I don't think those are great excuses for dropping the ball several times, so consistently, for a bunch of the stuff dropping beforehand and failing to at least verbally follow up on them afterwards.

That's really the confusing part here. They hit a homerun with Sevagoth, and had pretty decent success with Lavos and Protea, and after they fixed him up even Xaku wasn't bad. In fact, they've hit more often than missed looking over the past three or so years with new frames. But when they whiff, man they really whiff! I'd say Yareli is today what Wukong was at his worst (okay, maybe not that bad, but pretty damn close!) Now that gives me some hope, they eventually made him a fantastic frame. But it took a LOOOONG time for that to happen. Heck, I keep hoping Grendel gets a second look, but at least he's somewhat serviceable if you don't set your expectations too high.

Yareli right now is a novelty frame, and maybe that's all DE ever intended her to be. If that's the case, I'd appreciate the candor if they just came out and said as much so we know it's likely never going to get any better. At least we'd have some closure on the issue and could just put up our posters of "best girl waifu Yareli" and let that be it. As it stands, I'm just really disappointed that my appreciation for her character concept and design are nowhere near matched by her skillset. And maybe that's a "me problem" after all. It's never good to allow expectations to outstrip actuality. 😒

1 hour ago, StarGeezerTim said:

I'd say Yareli is today what Wukong was at his worst (okay, maybe not that bad, but pretty damn close!)

If you're talking about the Wukong I remember, I'd still say Yareli is worse. Wukong at least had a niche with his stupid immortality - I remember soloing peak OP Wolf through sheer attrition - while Yareli just has nothing going for her whatsoever. (Ok, the passive is fairly good but nothing too noteworthy.) Agreed on the rest though, particularly the whiff bit. Yareli's abilities are so badly balanced, you'd think she was from 2013.

3 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

If you're talking about the Wukong I remember, I'd still say Yareli is worse. Wukong at least had a niche with his stupid immortality - I remember soloing peak OP Wolf through sheer attrition - while Yareli just has nothing going for her whatsoever. (Ok, the passive is fairly good but nothing too noteworthy.) Agreed on the rest though, particularly the whiff bit. Yareli's abilities are so badly balanced, you'd think she was from 2013.

That's true...he couldn't do much else, but he was stupid-hard to kill. So he had that going for him. LOL 😆

Here's what I think happened: they had a bare-bones concept about Yareli. It's no secret a good chunk of the dev team are into anime. So they drew up this kawaii ("cute") anime-esque character, put in some thematic notions about how she's the inspiration for the Vent-kids and K-drives. So far on paper, so good. But then when it came time to flesh-out those skills, they had no idea where to go with it. "Let's put in some water-themed stuff, like bubbles and waterspouts. Yeah, that should be cool!" Thematically, it is very cool. Mechanically...not so much. I think that's why so many are conflicted about her. They LOVE the aesthetic! The whole concept is very cool indeed. But whew...they dropped the proverbial ball when it came to practical application!

Here's the thing: we KNOW they can do it! They've proven it! Look what they did for Vauban. And Ember, she's a beast now! And of course, Wukong. He went from a one-trick pony to having a whole kit that actually works well together and ties to his theme! So it's not a matter of ability, it's more a matter of willingness to carve out the time and fix her. I know, I know...New War, blah-blah-blah. Fine, work on New War, get it out the door and stable. But dammit, put Yareli on a bright pink Post-It note on the priority fixes whiteboard in Steve's office and make her Job #1 once New War drops and gets settled!

7 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Merulina's bullet-jump-like maneuver as a pitiful exception to that trend.

And I wouldn't even say that it is even exception. Merulina has problem with short but very precise movement. Bullet jumping (here called dash/roll) is not very precise. It's like giving ability to steer your Vial rush (Lavos) but forgetting that it's bad to use with keys & it stops your sprint.

7 hours ago, StarGeezerTim said:

They hit a homerun with Sevagoth

Rant:

Spoiler

Wait what?! I've checked online and "hit a homerun" means success. It has like 2 great abilities.

If Sev is so successful then:

- increase Aquabledes range a little

- increase a lot of damage of Aquableds

- increase range of her first 1st

Bam! She will be amazing. Cast her 1st to froze some big part of room, use Aquableds to stun other enemies within range and kill all enemies with Aquabledes. It's like putting a bot that kills enemies for you... oh wait things like this exist (Xaku).

Soon we will be playing some copy of generic CallKahl of duty with Mechs because we like things bigger (but not better). Oh... we need bigger... lets put ships (RJ).

8 hours ago, StarGeezerTim said:

That's really the confusing part here. They hit a homerun with Sevagoth, and had pretty decent success with Lavos and Protea, and after they fixed him up even Xaku wasn't bad. In fact, they've hit more often than missed looking over the past three or so years with new frames.

I'm not sure about that (bolded part).

For example Protea. She has solid 2 first abilities. Third one is so-so (requires a lot of stuffs so I don't consider it's great by default). Taking those 3 abilities aside, look at 4th (Temporal anchor). People change her ability that "describes her".

If you take ~2 years then, imho it's worse (frames between 2 & 3 year in the past were good afair). Grendel - not great energy economy for 4th. Xaku - bot that kills everything in range. Lavos - Vial rush slows you down. Sevagoth - a lot of stuffs. Yareli - k-driving is used for restricting player, no new feature (but jump is interesting for some tileset e.g. void).

6 minutes ago, quxier said:

Rant:

Hide contents

Wait what?! I've checked online and "hit a homerun" means success. It has like 2 great abilities.

If Sev is so successful then:

- increase Aquabledes range a little

- increase a lot of damage of Aquableds

- increase range of her first 1st

Bam! She will be amazing. Cast her 1st to froze some big part of room, use Aquableds to stun other enemies within range and kill all enemies with Aquabledes. It's like putting a bot that kills enemies for you... oh wait things like this exist (Xaku).

Soon we will be playing some copy of generic CallKahl of duty with Mechs because we like things bigger (but not better). Oh... we need bigger... lets put ships (RJ).

I'm not sure about that (bolded part).

For example Protea. She has solid 2 first abilities. Third one is so-so (requires a lot of stuffs so I don't consider it's great by default). Taking those 3 abilities aside, look at 4th (Temporal anchor). People change her ability that "describes her".

If you take ~2 years then, imho it's worse (frames between 2 & 3 year in the past were good afair). Grendel - not great energy economy for 4th. Xaku - bot that kills everything in range. Lavos - Vial rush slows you down. Sevagoth - a lot of stuffs. Yareli - k-driving is used for restricting player, no new feature (but jump is interesting for some tileset e.g. void).

I can't speak for anyone else but myself, but my build of Sev rocks. Even without running Gloom constantly, I have no problem taking down high level baddies. And with Gloom it's ezmode. He's easily one of the tankiest frames in my arsenal (and I have 'em all.) So in my book, Sev was a resounding success. Not to say he couldn't benefit from a tweak here and there, but as he stands, he's one of the better examples of a good warframe.

As far as Protea, can't argue with her 4, I seldom use it. FWIW, Larva works really well in that slot coupled with her turrets. Both flavors of her grenades are great. And as far as I'm concerned, her 3 is her defining ability at least for me. Being able to drop a Dispensary anywhere, keep myself and my squad topped off on health, energy and ammo, is an underappreciated and underused boon. You should see how happy a squad is when they can load up their arcguns and not have to worry about running out of ammo. Same can be said for Lavos. 

Anyway, we're veering way off topic here. The point is, Yareli lacks that same sort of cohesive integration in her skills that other frames enjoy. There are still a lot of frames that have one or more skills that are just plain poo (I'm thinking of Chroma's 1 and 4 right off the top of my head.) But he's still worth playing, because his 2 and 3 are so good they make up for lackluster skills elsewhere. Would that Yareli had 2-3 standout skills and only one stinker. But taken as a whole, her skills are meh at best. She needs a top-to-bottom makeover, starting with her passive, then her "defining" skill in Merulina, and on and on. Right now she's taking up a slot. And the sad thing is, her subsumable skill isn't really worth the effort to feed her to Helminth. So she's literally a dust-collector.

29 minutes ago, StarGeezerTim said:

Anyway, we're veering way off topic here. The point is, Yareli lacks that same sort of cohesive integration in her skills that other frames enjoy. There are still a lot of frames that have one or more skills that are just plain poo (I'm thinking of Chroma's 1 and 4 right off the top of my head.) But he's still worth playing, because his 2 and 3 are so good they make up for lackluster skills elsewhere. Would that Yareli had 2-3 standout skills and only one stinker. But taken as a whole, her skills are meh at best. She needs a top-to-bottom makeover, starting with her passive, then her "defining" skill in Merulina, and on and on. Right now she's taking up a slot. And the sad thing is, her subsumable skill isn't really worth the effort to feed her to Helminth. So she's literally a dust-collector.

Yeah, so I won't talk about those frames anymore.

Passive is fine, not like other useless one.

IMHO, they should at least make Merulina interesting & good. Other abilities are similar to other abilities from other frames. If a player want to use something similar to 1,3 or 4 then them probably have another frame. On other hand Merulina is so unique that she might be reason player want to play with her.

6 hours ago, StarGeezerTim said:

Here's the thing: we KNOW they can do it! They've proven it! Look what they did for Vauban.

The amusing thing is that in theory, Yareli could become a high mobility version of Vauban with some buffs, just like Nezha is a high mobility version of Rhino. Her kit's got grouping, hold-in-place CC, and AoE damage. They just need to make it so that her abilities aren't awful.

8 hours ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

The amusing thing is that in theory, Yareli could become a high mobility version of Vauban with some buffs, just like Nezha is a high mobility version of Rhino. Her kit's got grouping, hold-in-place CC, and AoE damage. They just need to make it so that her abilities aren't awful.

Yeah, I can see that. That wouldn't be half bad. If they were to throw in some armor-stripping, say to things that are held by either her snares or riptide, maybe by whackin' 'em a few times with aquablades...I dunno, I'm spit-balling here, but some sort of ability to peel that armor to reveal that soft squishy meat inside would be great. And while they've toned it down, that scattering that happens at the end of Rip Tide can burn in a fire. Listen, if stuff is dead, that's one thing. Ragdoll them MORE, ragdolling is almost always good for a laugh! But not if they're still alive! Yeeting them after the skill ends kind of defeats the purpose! Love what they did with Zephyr's tornados...when they die, they just drop out. Well, now when they die have them flung to the winds, and let the LIVE ones just drop in place!

Put a ramp-up/down timer on her passive so it doesn't just disappear the millisecond you come to a stop. Frankly, I'd replace her passive with something else altogether. A passive that only works on secondaries AND only works while you're moving? Why not add phase of the moon and which direction you're facing while you're at it? Just a silly skill IMO. And for Pete's sake, have her gain some benefit from using her "signature" weapon!

Have Merulina work like every other damage-reduction in the game by having that "grace period" where you can buff up its health right after casting. Have Yareli's companion abilities continue to work when she's on Merulina (I mean, c'mon...vacuum/fetch not working? So uncivilized!) Moreover, make Merulina an exalted item that can be modded (or have her "inherit" your current loadout on your equipped k-drive.)

Have aquablades affected by range mods, and expand the killzone from Yareli to the edge of the range (essentially turn it into a mobile AoE centered on Yareli.) Allow us to toggle AB on/off to avoid blowing up barrels unintentionally.

I mean, it's a long laundry-list, but none of the stuff is unreasonable, and would go a long way toward knitting up all her loose ends (and let's face it, she has a LOT of them!)

On 2021-08-19 at 4:15 PM, CephalonPotassium said:

Absolutely should focus on making it less slidey. They changed archwing in a similar way to give us more control. Best change the made to archwing alongside universal blink. Personally I'd rather have more control over than a dash function.

outside of nurfing archguns every chance they got

On 2021-08-19 at 10:13 PM, Fairmoon said:

awesome, now if only there was an easier way (other than Platinum) of getting her, I'm not good at snowboarding/skateboarding games and I'm stuck on page 4 of Waverrider, I am unable to do any of the grinding or anything to get a combo up to 1500 pts and previous pages were only scored by just launching off highest tower in Fortuna and doing tricks on the way down. Yareli looks like a lot of fun but until I either invest in the platinum to buy her I'm unable to complete the Waverider quest

try to mod yur board a bit

On 2021-08-30 at 7:38 AM, StarGeezerTim said:

Agreed, other Warframes have their niches and specialties nowadays. Even Hydroid, the Warframe everybody jokes about being useless and most in need of an update or rework, has a niche of being able to lock down choke-points, which is a practical niche. Unfortunately less so in this team-play kill-seeking game, where without a speedva, the enemies are too slow for our tastes to just sit and wait at a chokepoint, unless we're feeling particularly lazy. But still, it's a niche. And the augments help Hydroid specialize and gain added utility even further. Yareli has an okay passive (it really should start ramping up sooner, rewarding any movement at least a little bit, stick at its maximum for a full second even if movement stops, and then decay), a very meh CC, a meh-performing mobility/DR gimmick ability, an ability that doesn't perform well as CC or DPS beyond early starchart, and an "ultimate" that feels like a worse version of several other abilities, some of which are cheaper to cast (Vortex, Larva). The entire kit is meh, and so the Warframe is meh. Worse than Hydroid. Hydroid just has arguably 2 okay abilities with the other 2 being meh, so he's in a better spot.

On 2021-08-30 at 8:16 AM, quxier said:

Passive is fine, not like other useless one.

IMHO, they should at least make Merulina interesting & good. Other abilities are similar to other abilities from other frames. If a player want to use something similar to 1,3 or 4 then them probably have another frame. On other hand Merulina is so unique that she might be reason player want to play with her.

The passive being binary, ALL 200%, or none, feels super clunky, and restricts its viability to those with super-skillful aim (I think I can manage with it okay), or using spray-and-pray/shotgun/AoE weapons. If I'm feeling slow/inaccurate one day, but wanted to use a more precision-oriented weapon, I don't want it to be as hard to line up headshots with the passive active as it is currently.

I do agree, that Merulina should be the least-replaced ability on her kit, that it should be the star of her Ability lineup. Because people should be playing the K-Drive Warframe in order to play with the K-Drive. If someone incidentally loves everything else in her kit except for Merulina, by all means, they can overwrite her with an Infused ability, but Merulina's important to get right, or else she'll be the default ability to overwrite. For the many reasons already stated, such as how it locks out your access to Helminth abilities, is an inferior DR compared to other DR options, locks you out of melee/primary use, and has clunkier, harder-to-control mobility than standard Warframe mobility.... The mobility is a sidegrade, the DR isn't competitive, and everything else about the ability is non-competitive to even the not-meta Warframe's comparable abilities.

On 2021-08-30 at 9:50 AM, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

True! So what do we have as suggestions for each ability again, if we're practically unanimously in agreement that simple number buffs aren't enough for any of these abilities to shine? Note, this is just me recounting all of mine, and other player's, weaknesses and solutions observed/proposed for these abilities. Let me know if I've forgotten anyone's major problem-observations or solution-recommendations from this thread! I hope DE listens to at least one of us a bit! Shoring up one ability the right way can help other abilities work better (without being ability-reliant dependencies) and make her kit feel much more cohesive! I don't expect all of these to get implemented, I just want a grab bag of them implemented!

Passive

Spoiler

Problems: Too unreliable due to how binary it is in its current state, and too-greatly shoehorns you into using secondaries at the expense of Primary and Melee weapons, some of the most enjoyed weapons in the game. Shoehorns you into using crit secondaries, when Yareli's signature/companion weapon is a status-secondary :/ DE it almost seems like you're artificially trying to make Merulina more attractive by making the currently-only-usable secondaries work on her, rather than making a more consistently useful playstyle-encouraging passive, or making Merulina worth using on her own.

Solutions:

1. Give it a more generous ramp-up so that any movement is partially rewarded.
  2. Give it a decay (and or "stick" at the maximum bonus for an extra second or two) so that a brief interruption to movement isn't punished so harshly.
  3. Reward wider varieties of weapon usage by instead of making it +200% Crit chance based on the weapon's crit chance, making it add a flat 30% crit and status chance (value editable as needed)
  4. Apply the bonus to melee
  5. Apply the bonus to primary
  6. Apply the bonus to Yareli's Abilities (helps Merulina have indirect synergy with Yareli's other abilities)
  7. Have the passive's ramp-up rate accelerated, increase stick-time of the maxed-out buff before decaying, and slow the rate of decay, by fractions of a second per enemy affected by CC/Damage from other abilities.
  8. Have passive stick at max even while stationary for up to 3 seconds, or until the 1st full second of gunfire occurs (whichever comes first).

SeaSnares

Spoiler

Problems: Compared to things like Condemn or Spellbind, range feels pitiful, number of targets per cast is capped at a ridiculously low quantity of 5 enemies max per cast, and the way they self-destruct on terrain when they "see" an enemy through said terrain is obnoxiously hostile-to-player design, and the amount of damage it deals doesn't make up for all of these shortcomings, and it has no other bonuses like Condemn or Spellbind do.

(Laundry list of possible cherry-pickable) Solutions:

1. Don't make Seasnares pop upon contact with obstacles (REALLY IMPORTANT ONE). SeaSnares should only chase enemies that they can get to (accelerate more rapidly once a target is found, and pass through or slide around obstacles)
  2. Deal per-level damage, and/or better escalating damage, scale better with duration/strength/enemy-levels.
  3. Deal cold status procs for lingering CC after release
  4. Bubble enemies in a small AoE (so that each of the five bubbles can potentially capture an extra target or few, so that crowds don't require a million casts, but instead is approximately as useful at CC as Condemn/Spellbind. Provides synergy with Riptide)
  5. Have SeaSnares that accidentally hit already-bubbled enemies do bonus damage to the directly hit bubbled enemy, re-proc the AoE Snare for any un-bubbled enemies in the crowd, refreshing the duration of any other Snares in the AoE and re-triggering those bubbles to do an AoE snare as well (Kinda like Ensnare chains and re-procs when you use Whipclaw)
  6. Some users have suggested Slash/corrosive/Viral procs/damage added (but that just tells me we have a Slash/Viral meta problem persisting, that needs to be addressed, and I'd prefer per-level damage personally)
  7. Have proximate snares gravitate towards each other, and replicate damage to all enemies in the cluster (as with Zephyr's Tornados)
  8. Have SeaSnares re-seek enemies after their currently held enemy dies for the remainder of their duration (or seek out another SeaSnared enemy to refresh its duration and/or do bonus damage to them)
  9. Have killed SeaSnared enemies refresh the duration of and newly SeaSnare any enemies in a very short (moddable) range from the killed enemy (such as 5m)
  10. Have nearby SeaSnared enemies drift behind Yareli in Aquablade-slicing range.
  11. Allow us to hold-cast (for 50 energy) to cast 5 extra SeaSnares that continue traveling forward for a significantly greater distance, and retaining their full enemy-seeking range for the duration of their travel, in addition to the standard 5 that stop a short ways from Yareli.
  12. The bubbles expire on their own after a duration anyways, raise the cap of available lingering SeaSnare traps to 20.
  13. Sea Snares globules slowly gravitate towards the nearest enemy pathing  pathway if idling far above the ground, or over reset-pits
  14. Make Sea Snares' trap-mode detection radius scale with Ability Range.
  15. Be a non-Viral damage multiplier for external damage sources, such as about 20%-80% bonus damage (scalable with Strength modding?), aka non-AoE Molecular-Prime-lite.

Merulina

Spoiler

Problems: hit-head-on-doors, clunky movement that could generously only be referred to as a sidegrade to Warframe mobility, non-competitive DR compared to other DR abilities, locks you out of melee and primary weaponry, doesn't allow Infused abilities to be used, energy used is wasted if you wish to dismount in order to use anything other than Yareli's abilities or secondary weapon.

Solutions:

1. Enable K-Drive modding for customization and better scaling, and better story-gameplay linkage to the Vent Kids and K-Drive mechanics
  2. Make Yareli shrink and/or crouch more when riding Merulina (we have lots of fullbody or partial transformations in the game, and we even see finishers size-shift ourselves or our enemies, at least this would be intentionally implemented and wouldn't feel goofy).
  3. Make Merulina less slidey (when not participating in K-Drive races), make her more responsive and comparable to standard Warframe movement/mobility.
  4. Allow us to hold the jump or aim button to have Merulina float down more slowly, like standard Warframe aim-gliding.
  5. Increase the DR (or make it scale up to a higher cap with Ability Strength), and/or add additional evasion chance per speed of movement.
  6. Enable one-handed casts and as many abilities as possible from Merulina (if necessary, via auto-dismount-and-cast)
  7. Have Merulina restore its own health (and Yareli while riding Merulina) from damage done to/via Seasnared/Riptided enemies, and/or via Aquablade damage.
  8. Have longer invulnerability periods (and damage absorption mechanics) upon initial cast and mount (or re-mounting)
  9. Have longer invulnerability periods upon dismount
  10. Have a similar burst-of-fire or radial-blind-like or AoE damage/status effect similar to Warding Halo or Molt (etc) upon dismount or death of Merulina, or maybe dissolve into several SeaSnares and/or a few swipes of a brief Aquablade or mini-Riptide.
  11. Have Merulina function as a Resonator/Venari-like pseudo-companion when un-mounted (leading enemies to un-used SeaSnares) (more)
  12. Fix companions to still function while Merulina is in use, and have their associated mods (vacuum/animal-instinct) work reliably.
  13. Have trick-meter and/or points provide a useful functionality to Yareli, such as additional DR, healing, weapon/ability damage boosts, movement, etc. (Landing a trick restores health to Yareli and/or Merulina, and/or adds an armor bonus to Merulina and/or Yareli, as a percentage of trick score. Ideally, performing an equal or higher scoring trick would overwrite the existing armour bonus and duration, while a lower scoring one would partially refresh the armor timer.)
  14. Landing a trick applies a buff to Yareli and nearby allies with X meters/Affinity Range, such as Energy or Health regen effect, like Octavia's Inspiration buff, or other buff options (maybe such as movement speed and a weaker version of Yareli's passive).
  15. Have the melee button not only dismount you from Merulina, but automatically transition to a momentum-inheriting Air Attack with greater damage and reach.
  16. Allow Glaives to be used from Merulina, or allow a modified "air attack" with any weapon to be performed from Yareli, requiring the dismount to be performed via the ability button.
  17. Have damage being dealt to Merulina propogate to SeaSnared/Riptided enemies, or add to bonus damage for Aquablade
  18. Allow Merulina to benefit from modded survivability options (inherit from Yareli), such as Adaptation, Health/Armor, add a small amount of Shield to Merulina that can scale with modded shields on Yareli, armor/healing arcanes/abilities/etc should also benefit Merulina while Yareli is riding her (or while Merulina is in the range of the ability).
  19. Give Merulina better "Jellyfish" theming/aesthetics by having her be capable of triggering electric procs (via applicable K-Drive mods? SonicBoost and KineticFriction) and/or adding toxin and/or viral damage and status chance to certain K-Drive maneuvers outright (such as with the braking-tail-whip spin).
  20. Have Merulina provide added toxin (combining with Cold for Viral?) and/or viral damage and status chance to Yareli's other abilities.
  21. Have dismounting/dismissing Merulina with X% of health remaining on Merulina give X% of the casting-cost for Merulina back as energy to Yareli (to punish transitioning to non-Merulina gameplay less punishing of the initial investment in mounting Merulina)
  22. Introducing the option to have Toggle Aim on K-Drives and Merulina
  23. Have Merulina run over enemies, knocking them down and not slowing down Merulina's momentum (unless they're knockdown-resistant/immune or Heavy or Miniboss or Boss enemies).
  24. Since Yareli is restricted to K-Drive maneuvers, secondary weapon, and abilities on Merulina currently, it'd be ideal if some harder-to-hit enemies, airborne ones, could be swatted to the ground temporarily when Merulina (or Yareli riding her) clips them, briefly making them more targetable and exposed to Aquablades and gunplay (or a transition off of Merulina into a melee ground attack, if the player chooses and is quick enough).
  25. Have riding Merulina (or a charge-cast while riding her) summon spectral potential "Aqua-Rails", chaining some existing in-mission railways together, and creating some where nothing was in the first place (following basic/baseline/default enemy pathing routes?) so that Yareli can smoothly and reliably traverse tilesets with less aggravation than the current state of bonking-against-every-small-obstacle. I personally see it as being similar in implementation as the Sonic Riders Speed-Rails, particularly good examples shown in this video from 55 seconds in through 1:50. Obviously Warframe isn't a track-based racing game where grind-rails could/should go in spirals around the normal pathways, but any halfway continuous and smoothly arcing movements would be a boon/benefit to Yareli's passive, and would mitigate/offset/offer-an-alternative to frustrating default K-drive handling on normal tilesets.
  26. When Yareli is riding Merulina, have lethal damage to Yareli instead dismount and heal her, restoring a percentage either Yareli's total max health or Merulina's current remaining health (up to 50%?).
  27. Have Merulina "benefits/buffs" transfer/stack/persist on Yareli when she dismounts (Damage Reduction, Status/Damage immunity/resistance, knockdown resistance).
  28. Have Merulina's Dash cause Aquablades to rotate more chaotically in a fully spherical pattern around Yareli (moving fast enough to "blur" aka become partially transparent like a big see-through water bubble that doesn't impede visibility for Yareli), providing you an offensive incentive to utilize Merulina and her mobility options.
  29. Have riding Merulina through SeaSnared/Riptided enemies for the first time deal a percentage of their health as a small range (3m, moddable?) of AoE damage, and have the first pass-through also refresh SeaSnare durations. Have enemies killed in this way spawn a new SeaSnare.

Merulina needs a lot of attention to make it worth using beyond just as a DR option, and to be used as a mobility option at all.

Aquablades

Spoiler

Problems: Doesn't scale with range, DPS doesn't scale with enemy's escalating EHP past the early starchart, also bad at performing CC, design rewards being stationary adjacent to affected enemies instead of staying in motion, counter to her Passive and general Warframe gameplay for survivability. Has a dead-zone in the center.

Solutions:

1. Have Range affect width of blades, not radius of ring (fixes dead zone in center of ability, adds minor scaling to overall radius, makes enemies more likely to be hit by the multiple large projectiles more consistently)
  2. Have per-level scaling or True Damage to do better DPS (or)
  3. Have Aquablades additionally apply Cold procs for better CC
  4. Have movement speed (up to a cap of Warframe sprint speed of 2.5 or 3 or something) drastically increase the rotation speed and rate-of-damage-tics of the blades to ensure they don't just mostly miss enemies between the travel time, but instead make it more likely to hit them multiple times
  5. Have Aquablades do more damage outright as speed increases (up to cap)
  6. Have explicit synergies with other abilities by doing significant bonus damage the first time/proc Aquablade hits a mid-SeaSnare/Riptided enemy (to encourage the hit-and-run gameplay, not stationary)
  7. Have (first-only) hit of a SeaSnared enemy with Aquablade re-proc an AoE SeaSnaring any enemies within a short range of the original SeaSnare (can exempt non-casted SeaSnares if too concerned about chaining it, but I think chaining it would be a neat way of getting more mileage per cast)
  8. Have (first-only) hit of a SeaSnared enemy send a bonus Aquablade (or several) lashing out to any other SeaSnares in the vicinity (hitting any enemies between) (DE's decision whether to let it chain or not, and whether it counts for non-casted SeaSnares, or only originally casted SeaSnares), or simply to a nearby enemy (or few)(maybe ragdolling in an AoE around impact?)
  9. Front-load more of the damage to enemies with the first hit (until 30 seconds pass) (to encourage hit-and-run instead of sit-and-wait tactics)
  10. Better vertical range (so as to hit animal enemies or knocked-over/ragdolled enemies)
  11. Deflect enemy projectiles/hitscan in the very vertically-narrow band of Aquablade's flight-path.
  12. Have Aquablades have no "dead zone" center. Could be visually represented by an aquatic/energy tether that circles around Yareli's feet or waist, etc
  13. Have Aquablades permanently strip a small percentage of health/shields/armor (such as 5%?) with the first hit to an enemy.
  14. Allow users to hold the ability button while it's active in order to deactivate it.
  15. Allow users to hold the ability button or re-tap it to perform a bonus effect, such as launching a single Aquablade, increasing RPM for a span of time, sucking enemies in with their "current", launching all blades and refreshing the duration, etc.
  16. Have deactivating Aquablades (or them expiring) cause them to fling out in a tighter spin (or straight arcs) to the nearest enemies (Shuriken mechanics) or in the path of your crosshairs, or in a spiral out from Yareli until they hit obstacles, following their initial trajectory.
  17. Have Aquablades divert or multiply-and-diverge to hit nearby SeaSnared or Riptided enemies.

Riptide

Spoiler

Problem: Feels like a way-worse version of Vortex/Larva for CC, and feels way worse than a lot of DPS ultimates. Doesn't have to be the best version, but if the rest of her kit is weak, her ultimate should stand out more, and be more competitive. Should feel like a side-grade to Vortex/Larva, not inferior to them, as it currently feels regardless of any "napkin math".

Solutions:

1. Deal Cold procs (or Viral/Corrosive/Slash)
  2. Bonus damage to SeaSnared enemies
  3. Refresh SeaSnare duration of sucked-in SeaSnared enemies
  4. Suck in un-spent SeaSnares to apply to un-SeaSnared enemies (and deal bonus splash damage to all Riptided enemies)
  5. Suck in SeaSnared enemies from much farther bonus distance away than non-SeaSnared enemies are gathered from. (Helps make Yareli not-as-urgently compete with teammates at targeting huge already-grouped up enemies specifically, makes it more universally useful, enables a hit-and-run attack by SeaSnaring enemies, gathering them up, and shooting past with the Aquablade)
  6. Per-level damage scaling
  7. Scatter enemies less (they still fall around everywhere, drastically encouraging wide-spread AoE weapon/ability use instead of being a practical grouping ability that allows someone to use punchthrough or shotguns or bullet hoses to effectively hit more enemies than miss)
  8. Add temporary weakness-magnification and/or vulnerability amplification and/or armor/shield reduction for duration of cast and short period of time after ability concludes.
  9. Allow at least Yareli's secondary to be usable during the cast (at least while on Merulina!)
  10. Have the "holds enemies in a sphere" portion of the ability last longer, so that Yareli can take advantage of the grouped enemies with Aquablades, Gunplay, or even Melee (as with Vortex/Larva).
  11. Have Riptide continue to suck enemies in continuously, or in "waves" (haha) beyond the initial cast impulse, based on modding duration.
  12. Allow Yareli's Riptide to be charged up at the expense of extra energy, for greater damage and/or range and/or duration (like Hydroid's 1/4, highlighting/previewing the area of effect of the cast as it grows)
  13. Allow Riptide to have a damage-stacking mechanic like Tornados, Antimatter, or Absorb, where damage and status procs are propagated to other enemies, or absorbed, multiplied, and released in the final burst as enemies are thrown to the ground.

Riptide feels like a slightly souped up Zephyr Airburst without the energy cost overshadowing the buff. It also honestly feels like a worse version of Larva, considering it costs twice as much. And it does less damage/CC/grouping than Vortex does at the same cost. It doesn't feel like an Ultimate, so much as Yareli's ultimate let-down, after all of her other abilities also feel not worth the cast cost, or clunky in general.

Please please please please PLEASE implement at least a few of these options per each ability. Obviously not every single one. But Yareli either desperately needs one or two of the most potent suggestions PER ABILITY in order to be competitive or fun compared with even average Warframes, when she's not even measuring up to the underperforming ones currently. If we're skipping the addition of the more potent suggestions, she definitely needs a whole grab bag of a bunch of the smaller components/behaviors/synergies/buffs/additions. She mostly has fundamental lack-of-mechanics present with her kit/gameplay and moddability. Her abilities each have fundamental flaws that prevent them from fulfilling their intended functions, with her 1 being bad at CC, her 2 being bad at being a K-Drive (no K-Drive modding) and DR (worse than Splinter Storm, Warding Halo, Iron Skin, etc), her 3 being bad at damage and CC, and her 4 feeling like an anemic version of Vortex/Larva, also feeling like it's bad at CC/grouping and damage.

I think at minimum, almost practically everyone agrees that (or would be appreciative of) the additions of Merulina being K-Drive moddable to add customizability in the form of the DPS/Mobility K-Drive movds, and making SeaSnares not self-detonate on every surface in the game (killing themselves like lemmings running of a cliff, by running into a wall that's between them and the enemy they saw through the wall for whatever reason), making her passive more flexible/universal instead of crit-reliant (non-synergizing with her Kompressa!!?), and making Aquablades and Riptide better at both or either of DPS and CC (as currently they're very bad at both, compared to other abilities in-game).

Over 60 80 unique suggestions (some with 2 or 3 variations/bonus-suggestions within them) for how to do so spoilered above, for your consideration, DE. Please, at least pick a few to do, or tell us that you will do so after New War.

49 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

The passive being binary, ALL 200%, or none, feels super clunky, and restricts its viability to those with super-skillful aim (I think I can manage with it okay), or using spray-and-pray/shotgun/AoE weapons. If I'm feeling slow/inaccurate one day, but wanted to use a more precision-oriented weapon, I don't want it to be as hard to line up headshots with the passive active as it is currently.

Pasive being binary is little problematic but you have to take into account that it's powerful. Some passives gives things like 10% damage. Giving you some time to wait & aim would be "too powerful" (compared to some abilities). Of course your solution (ramp-up damage) is fine but it may be more suitable for an ability.

26 minutes ago, quxier said:

Pasive being binary is little problematic but you have to take into account that it's powerful. Some passives gives things like 10% damage. Giving you some time to wait & aim would be "too powerful" (compared to some abilities). Of course your solution (ramp-up damage) is fine but it may be more suitable for an ability.

Nothing's stopping DE from making it a more generous window (sticks at max, and ramps up and down for more overall up-time, even if a lot of it is only partial effectiveness) with the tradeoff of making it less severely potent. If they tone it down, it could also justify them opening up the passive to affecting her Abilities, Melee, and Primary as well.

49 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Nothing's stopping DE from making it a more generous window (sticks at max, and ramps up and down for more overall up-time, even if a lot of it is only partial effectiveness) with the tradeoff of making it less severely potent. If they tone it down, it could also justify them opening up the passive to affecting her Abilities, Melee, and Primary as well.

But I still think it's too powerful for passive.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

Personally, I'd rather they made her passive affect status (my preference) OR make Kompressa a crit weapon instead. Right now, there is no discernable benefit for Yareli to use her "signature" weapon. This is a mind-boggling oversight IMO, and lends to the notion that her constituent aspects were developed in isolation from one another and then stitched together like some bizarre Frankenstein's monster of a warframe. No ability synergy, an absolutely perplexing passive, and zero benefit from her signature weapon. Brilliant. 🙄

17 minutes ago, StarGeezerTim said:

Personally, I'd rather they made her passive affect status (my preference) OR make Kompressa a crit weapon instead.

I don't (want to) see them change Kompressa into a crit secondary, I feel like we have enough of those 😅

As I mentioned in my bigger post earlier, they could always reward using the less meta secondaries by just adding something like a smaller flat amount of crit and status chance.

road-to.gif

Status weapons would see bigger numbers with the flat crit chance they rarely see/benefit-from, crit ones would see more status proc'ing than they usually do, base damage weapons see some of both where they usually have none, and hybrid weapons just get a bit more of both, everyone wins. Flat 10%-40% for both, somewhere in that range, idc about the exact value. Alternatively, keep it to Crit chance, but make it something like a flat 40%-80%, rather than multiplicative based on the weapon's base crit chance? Then crits eke out just a bit more crits, whereas status weapons see more crit than they've ever seen before (thus giving Yareli's signature Kompressa a good DPS boost).

Tangent on Warframe's game-wide enemy EHP vs player DPS balance issues and inconsistencies below (theoretically would fix Yareli and Hydroid and other weak game elements):

Spoiler

Let's not discuss this issue here (go to the linked thread for this), but I have another entire post about how I personally think all of the multiplicative-dependent things in the game is causing balance to spiral out of control, and make it difficult for DE to make content consistently as easy or difficult as they intend, when accounting for the sheer breadth of weapon/modding choices and the resulting effectiveness, that we currently see. Fixing it so weapon-modding and enemy health wasn't so exponentially escalating would make things like Yareli's barely-scaling toolkit feel less painful.

tl;dr for that, which would help indirectly address Yareli (and Hydroid, and other's) non-scaling problems:
If we switch Warframe's melee and gun modding systems to scale the mods only off of the base damage of the weaponry (Base X #ofDPSmods= MultiplicativeWeaponDPS) rather than the ludicrously exponential doubling-or-more per DPS per mod in the current system (Base X 2#ofDPSmods = ExponentialWeaponDPS), we would see a drastically less severe and enormous a range of DPS from our weapons, and instead see a far more reliable, smaller range of damage, something like a 2-16 scale instead of a 2-256 scale, based on some quick and dirty math, which seems to check out when I look at the pre- and post-modded DPS of some meta weapons.
DE could adjust enemy EHP scaling/values down proportionately. Along with some of the more ludicrously currently effective Warframe abilities currently available. But with how little some of the abilities scale, a vast majority of them wouldn't need too much attention.

This is a topic to be discussed in that thread though, lets keep this thread laser-focused on what we need for Yareli to be halfway decent in the current game's design.

(Discuss the spoiler in the appropriate thread, let's stick with Yareli content here, even if the spoilered content would theoretically indirectly reduce her non-scaling issues)

I don't know if anybody else has mentioned it (I don't want to read through the whole thread), but its a little silly that merulina was fairly clearly based of the Portuguese man o' war, yet does no damage when hitting enemies. Personally, I'd like to see merulina take more from its inspiration, maybe dealing toxin or viral damage or a proc when hitting enemies. As @Grav_Starstrider suggested, having it move around while dismounted would be great, maybe even gaining the ability to damage enemies on their own, with viral or toxin to fit the theme.

I mean

Spoiler

fishybusiness-661803.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 I see it

6 hours ago, budderchew said:

I don't know if anybody else has mentioned it (I don't want to read through the whole thread), but its a little silly that merulina was fairly clearly based of the Portuguese man o' war, yet does no damage when hitting enemies. Personally, I'd like to see merulina take more from its inspiration, maybe dealing toxin or viral damage or a proc when hitting enemies. As @Grav_Starstrider suggested, having it move around while dismounted would be great, maybe even gaining the ability to damage enemies on their own, with viral or toxin to fit the theme.

I mean

Reveal hidden contents

fishybusiness-661803.jpg&f=1&nofb=1 I see it

They wouldn't even have to make a unique damage/attack mechanic in order to implement a similar change/addition. As mentioned in my suggestions, almost all of us want to see Merulina moddable (whether as a K-Drive, a Companion, or both), and we have two K-Drive mods that she could theoretically be rigged up to proc/trigger under certain conditions on her own, Sonic Boost and Kinetic Friction, boosting away when she takes a "heavy hit" (snipers, rockets, melee from stronger enemies, etc), and just doing grinds on available rails occasionally. Electric isn't quite toxin or viral, but.... 

cc857493de99f589339c3ee8437b9f51.gif

We have an entire trope of Electric Jellyfish, so while Toxin/Viral would be more useful, Electric options are already available to K-Drives. I'm okay with them taking shortcuts that take advantage of existing elements, as long as the saved labor goes back into other things that would improve the ability. I'm gonna add that recommendation to my list of suggestions though, cuz viral/toxin would be much more thematically appropriate! Could also be a synergy Merulina could lend to Yareli's other casts, something like "5% viral proc chance added on Yareli's Seasnares and Aquablades, for Riptide 5% chance +5% chance per additional enemy Riptided". I wasn't a fan of people just arguing for the "best element" to be dumped onto her other abilities (since water barely = cold damage/procs, let alone Viral/Toxic), but making Merulina... Adding a small amount of Toxin damage and status chance (that combines with existing ability elements and status chance, such as with Seasnare's Cold to make Viral) would make it a far less replaceable ability!

2 hours ago, Rauvian said:

Am I understanding this incorrectly? It visually looks like a bullet jump. Is it not a bullet jump but a tap dash in mid-air?

It's a roll/backflip/side dodge made into a dash for a K-Drive.

Seems like it is a horizontal movement only, whereas a Bullet Jump lets you adjust the angle with the reticle.

Archived