Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli Movement & Stat Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, Rauvian said:

Am I understanding this incorrectly? It visually looks like a bullet jump. Is it not a bullet jump but a tap dash in mid-air?

It's seemingly a horizontal bullet-jump-like dash/roll while on Merulina.

And as of the current (lack of) communication from DE and on their trello boards, that alongside their numerical tweaks are the only tweaks they have indicated that they intend to make to Yareli 🙃 

They've semi-explicitly committed to doing nothing to fix the issues with Helminth abilities not functioning/castable from Merulina, per their Trello. Despite so many of the abilities being one-handed casts that can be performed while running and gunning 🙃  and a few Helminth abilities literally having no body-movement animations (Infested Mobility, for example) 🙃 

And despite so many other issues that I was able to compile a list of.... Almost 60 distinct possible upgrades that various users have suggested, to make her kit more fun and competitive to use, that they haven't yet indicated they're considering to implement at all 🙃

I love radio silence in the face of a majority-unified playerbase that agrees she needs smarter tweaks, not numerical-only adjustments.

31 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

It's seemingly a horizontal bullet-jump-like dash/roll while on Merulina.

And as of the current (lack of) communication from DE and on their trello boards, that alongside their numerical tweaks are the only tweaks they have indicated that they intend to make to Yareli 🙃 

They've semi-explicitly committed to doing nothing to fix the issues with Helminth abilities not functioning/castable from Merulina, per their Trello. Despite so many of the abilities being one-handed casts that can be performed while running and gunning 🙃  and a few Helminth abilities literally having no body-movement animations (Infested Mobility, for example) 🙃 

And despite so many other issues that I was able to compile a list of.... Almost 60 distinct possible upgrades that various users have suggested, to make her kit more fun and competitive to use, that they haven't yet indicated they're considering to implement at all 🙃

I love radio silence in the face of a majority-unified playerbase that agrees she needs smarter tweaks, not numerical-only adjustments.

giphy.gif

Another possible tweak to improve Merulina!

Make dismounting Merulina give a percentage of the cast cost back to Yareli as energy based on Merulina's remaining health (Merulina has 80% of her health left when dismissed/dismounted, Yareli would get 20 energy back out of the original 25 spent on the summon. Or have it subtract 5% or something, so that it's less of a "free toggle" and has more explicit energy loss). This would make it far less punishing to switch off of Merulina to do normal Warframe mobility/interaction things. Or things like casting the HELMINTH-INFUSED ABILITIES THAT DON'T WORK ON HER 🙃

(added to my other compilation-message)

25 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Another possible tweak to improve Merulina!

Make dismounting Merulina give a percentage of the cast cost back to Yareli as energy based on Merulina's remaining health (Merulina has 80% of her health left when dismissed/dismounted, Yareli would get 20 energy back out of the original 25 spent on the summon. Or have it subtract 5% or something, so that it's less of a "free toggle" and has more explicit energy loss). This would make it far less punishing to switch off of Merulina to do normal Warframe mobility/interaction things. Or things like casting the HELMINTH-INFUSED ABILITIES THAT DON'T WORK ON HER 🙃

(added to my other compilation-message)

I'll see what the changes actually do for her next week, maybe there's a silver-lining we're all missing (doubtful, but...) I'd just like to see any of the suggestions that have been made gain some traction, or at least be acknowledged by DE that Yareli needs some further refinement down the road once New War is bagged-and-tagged. Throw us a frikkin' bone, guys! 😤

Some more feedback/suggestions I'd like to give, more centered on Merulina (but also a tiny thing to Riptide too): 

1) Mobility options

On 2021-08-19 at 8:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

We have also made some changes to general Merulina movement by allowing for shorter jumps, and reducing overall jump charge time.

Per this, it's a bit vague on what you mean - does this mean the height of uncharged Merulina jumps is being lowered? If so, then... might I suggest having Merulina mobility options available in some form? Like the ability to toggle between "Standard" Merulina mobility (which would be how I'm assuming Merulina would handle with your currently proposed/planned changes) and "Amplified" Merulina mobility (how it currently handles in the live game). I had a couple ideas on how this could be implemented:

• Currently both the melee button and recasting Merulina while mounted dismisses it. It could be changed so that either recasting Merulina or pressing the melee key (one or the other, not both obviously, so you can still dismount when you wish) while riding her could toggle between the movement types - the current mobility mode could be reflected in Merulina's HP icon on the HUD (changing the graphic of Merulina, or applying some extra wave/bubble effects to the graphic when in Amplified mode)
  • Add a toggle button on Merulina's customisation in the Arsenal or settings menu - either of these could be combined with the above suggestion, to instead dictate whether Merulina starts in Standard of Amplified mode when summoned, so you can just set and forget instead of having to turn Merulina to your preferred mode every time you summon it 

I make this suggestion because... for sure, Merulina has traversal issues in more claustrophobic tilesets (looking at you Grineer Galleon), but equally, the height and therefore distance you can cover with each jump is quite useful for traversal. Equally, bouncing around with uncharged jumps/double jumps in larger tiles and carpent bombing your foes is quite fun and feels speedy with a good sense of flow - if changes to jump height require charged jumps to reach the same heights as currently, that might be a bit of a bummer and actually make her feel worse some of the time. The option to toggle between a new tighter, more precise set of controls and the current super jumpy ones might be better than just completely reworking them. 

2) Aiming Weapons on Merulina and passive synergy.

Yareli's passive is honestly not bad... however, I feel a large problem is... when you're constantly zooming around on Merulina to maintain the passive, it makes aiming pretty tough. The current best solution to this in my experience has been to use weapons that are AoE-heavy or don't require much aim, such as Akarius, Angstrum, Ocucor, Vermisplicer, Gaze, Sporelacer, and Kompressa, among others. The problem is... outside of the Kitguns, these don't have amazing Critical performance, so don't synergise amazingly with her passive. Aiming non-AoE/Autolock weapons (which most of the best crit-weapons are) on Merulina is quite hard and not very rewarding feeling - being able to go into aim mode to slow down a little helps a bit... alas, aim mode on Merulina/K-Drives is hold-to-aim only. It's especially fiddly trying to use the Tenet Diplos on Merulina as is (trying to aim while also holding down the stick to do so on a controller is not very comfortable at all)

I really think introducing the option to have Toggle Aim on K-Drives and Merulina would go partway to addressing this issue... although as many people have said, the Kompressa itself needs some change as well to make it synergise better with her, considering it's her signature weapon but synergises pretty poorly with her as is. 

3) Tricks on Merulina

Simply put, there should be some kind of reward system to performing tricks on Merulina. Currently while you *can* do tricks in normal missions, there's not really much point to doing them, and adding some useful little reward to doing so would encourage more stylish play and actually trying to engage with the level for tricks rather than just zooming past everything. My current suggestions on this front would be:   

• Landing a trick restores X% of the total score of the trick as Health to Merulina, and Y% Health to Yareli herself - the X and Y values would have to be different obviously, as Merulina has vastly more health than Yareli does, but it may be useful to increasing Merulina's sustain in higher level content
  • Landing a trick adds a bonus to Merulina's armour equal to X% of the trick's score for Y seconds, also scaling with the trick's score. Performing an equal or higher scoring trick would overwrite the existing armour bonus and duration, while a lower scoring one would merely add to the armour timer.
  • Landing a trick applies a "Hydration" buff to Yareli and nearby allies with X meters/Affinity Range for Y duration, which would provide a small Energy or Health regen effect, like Octavia's Inspiration buff 

4) A Tiny Visual Indicator to Riptide

It'd be a nice QoL to add some kind of visual indicator to the range of Riptide, even if it's just a short trim of water around the edge of the AoE, so you can gague the range of it easier on repeated castings and/or know at a glance what enemies have been grabbed by your cast and CC'd versus which haven't.

13 hours ago, MoonYuTsu said:

1) Mobility options

If so, then... might I suggest having Merulina mobility options available in some form? Like the ability to toggle between "Standard" Merulina mobility (which would be how I'm assuming Merulina would handle with your currently proposed/planned changes) and "Amplified" Merulina mobility (how it currently handles in the live game). I had a couple ideas on how this could be implemented:

• Add a toggle button on Merulina's customisation in the Arsenal or settings menu - either of these could be combined with the above suggestion, to instead dictate whether Merulina starts in Standard of Amplified mode when summoned, so you can just set and forget instead of having to turn Merulina to your preferred mode every time you summon it 

2) Aiming Weapons on Merulina and passive synergy.

Yareli's passive is honestly not bad... however, I feel a large problem is... when you're constantly zooming around on Merulina to maintain the passive, it makes aiming pretty tough. The current best solution to this in my experience has been to use weapons that are AoE-heavy or don't require much aim, such as Akarius, Angstrum, Ocucor, Vermisplicer, Gaze, Sporelacer, and Kompressa, among others. The problem is... outside of the Kitguns, these don't have amazing Critical performance, so don't synergise amazingly with her passive. Aiming non-AoE/Autolock weapons (which most of the best crit-weapons are) on Merulina is quite hard and not very rewarding feeling - being able to go into aim mode to slow down a little helps a bit... alas, aim mode on Merulina/K-Drives is hold-to-aim only. It's especially fiddly trying to use the Tenet Diplos on Merulina as is (trying to aim while also holding down the stick to do so on a controller is not very comfortable at all)

I really think introducing the option to have Toggle Aim on K-Drives and Merulina would go partway to addressing this issue... although as many people have said, the Kompressa itself needs some change as well to make it synergise better with her, considering it's her signature weapon but synergises pretty poorly with her as is. 

3) Tricks on Merulina

Simply put, there should be some kind of reward system to performing tricks on Merulina. My current suggestions on this front would be:   

• Landing a trick restores X% of the total score of the trick as Health to Merulina, and Y% Health to Yareli herself - the X and Y values would have to be different obviously, as Merulina has vastly more health than Yareli does, but it may be useful to increasing Merulina's sustain in higher level content
  • Landing a trick adds a bonus to Merulina's armour equal to X% of the trick's score for Y seconds, also scaling with the trick's score. Performing an equal or higher scoring trick would overwrite the existing armour bonus and duration, while a lower scoring one would merely add to the armour timer.
  • Landing a trick applies a "Hydration" buff to Yareli and nearby allies with X meters/Affinity Range for Y duration, which would provide a small Energy or Health regen effect, like Octavia's Inspiration buff 

4) A Tiny Visual Indicator to Riptide

It'd be a nice QoL to add some kind of visual indicator to the range of Riptide, even if it's just a short trim of water around the edge of the AoE, so you can gague the range of it easier on repeated castings and/or know at a glance what enemies have been grabbed by your cast and CC'd versus which haven't.

1) In theory they could probably just further divide (and make handling differences between) Merulina's Trick/unarmed K-Drive mode and her Combat/Secondary-equipped mode. If they insist on making Primaries remain unusable on Merulina.

2) Agreed, the passive only rewards critical-based weapons, and Yareli's blatantly-signature-weapon doesn't even have any explicit synergies when used by her, and doesn't even benefit more than a smidge from her passive. I still think my suggestion of flat crit and status chance (as low as 10% or high as 50%) added to weapons would be really interesting on her, and make even flat-damage-reliant weapons viable while on Merulina. And having the option to toggle aim mode would definitely be a good accessibility tweak.

3) If they enable K-Drive modding on Merulina, then Thrash Landing (an attack mod) and Juice (energy regen!!) would become available for Yareli to benefit from, but your other ideas to make innate to Merulina are neat too!

4) Like being able to hold the cast like Hydroid to amp up the damage, range, and preview the cast's area of effect?

Added to my masterlist a few pages back.

1 hour ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

1) In theory they could probably just further divide (and make handling differences between) Merulina's Trick/unarmed K-Drive mode and her Combat/Secondary-equipped mode. If they insist on making Primaries remain unusable on Merulina.

This could possibly also work, but allowing you to select the mobility mode independent of whether you have a weapon out or not would be better I feel - if Amplified movement was only available when you had your gun holstered... then you wouldn't be able to use it while you had a gun out (obviously), and you might want Amplified movement + Guns. Also yes, if they added Primaries to Merulina, tying movement to which weapon you had out would be... weird and bad in my opinion.

3) If they enable K-Drive modding on Merulina, then Thrash Landing (an attack mod) and Juice (energy regen!!) would become available for Yareli to benefit from, but your other ideas to make innate to Merulina are neat too!

While I'm cool with the idea of modding Merulina in general, I worry that it would affect the mobility issue - many of the K-Drive mods are mobility focused, and if they let you configure Merulina's mobility with mods instead of in-mission modes... then you'd be locking yourself in to being super uncontrollably fast and bouncy if you put on mobility mods. That said, I do think if they don't go the modding route, adding more of the unique and/or offense-based K-Drive mods as innate to Merulina would be a good idea (like Thrash Landing). 

4) Like being able to hold the cast like Hydroid to amp up the damage, range, and preview the cast's area of effect?

I was more thinking along the lines of Thermal Sunder - just a small visual indicator of the edge of Riptide's AoE

18 minutes ago, MoonYuTsu said:

This could possibly also work, but allowing you to select the mobility mode independent of whether you have a weapon out or not would be better I feel - if Amplified movement was only available when you had your gun holstered... then you wouldn't be able to use it while you had a gun out (obviously), and you might want Amplified movement + Guns. Also yes, if they added Primaries to Merulina, tying movement to which weapon you had out would be... weird and bad in my opinion.

While I'm cool with the idea of modding Merulina in general, I worry that it would affect the mobility issue - many of the K-Drive mods are mobility focused, and if they let you configure Merulina's mobility with mods instead of in-mission modes... then you'd be locking yourself in to being super uncontrollably fast and bouncy if you put on mobility mods. That said, I do think if they don't go the modding route, adding more of the unique and/or offense-based K-Drive mods as innate to Merulina would be a good idea (like Thrash Landing). 

I was more thinking along the lines of Thermal Sunder - just a small visual indicator of the edge of Riptide's AoE

Fair, fair, and fair, all good points. I was implying that if they kept Yareli restricted to secondary weapon use on Merulina, then it'd just make sense for switching to trick mode to also switch to the mobility mode, you're definitely right that if they expanded her to be capable of using Primaries, having some other trigger (like holding 2) to make her switch between precision and high-mobility modes would be ideal. In general though, the faster you're moving, the harder it is to aim, so I was okay with them potentially keeping these two modes segregated, if for nothing else then as a balancing measure, so that she doesn't switch all the way from lame to OP in conjunction with other proposed changes.

I think the entire point of allowing the modding of Merulina would be for each player to choose how they want Merulina to consistently behave for them in mission, per config. Some people might want to drop at normal falling speed, but some might want to drop like a rock (Mad Stack) or be a bit more floaty (Air Time). Some people might be able to control their K-Drive amazingly, and want to speed it up (Extreme Velocity), or in some cases only when boosting on straightaways(Nitro Boost). And others might want to go all in on every combat-applicable mod. And if DE adds additional/explicit incentive to do tricks with Yareli, or if we just wanna get more out of the trick-based mods like Thrash Landing and Juice, then the trick-based and grinding-based mods would be ideal. There'd be something for everyone, depending on what they care about, and if they can't handle what they equipped, then it'd be their own fault, and they oughta de-quip it.

I always found Riptide's apparent effectiveness to be pretty immediate and clear, as enemies are ragdolled within its range and LoS. I think as with most abilities that aren't a lingering AoE, the expectation is for the Tenno to either learn by feel, or just intellectually be aware of, the radius of the ability's effect. A "ring" around Riptide could be misleading as you'd assume certain areas would be affected, but they wouldn't be, because of the LoS requirement. Because we can't immediately gauge LoS per a given intended target we cast at, I think it's intended that we simply assume an enemy we missed was either A) out of range, or B) out of LoS, and in either case the answer would be to just cast a followup Riptide in a spot that appears to be within a LoS and range of that target (and ideally other/more targets as well).
But adding a brief Hydroid-like highlight of the theoretical AoE wouldn't hurt. Especially if we also got the Hydroid-like charging mechanics for the ability.

One thing I'd implore DE to consider though about charge-casts - any additional time being dedicated to the ability is something that could be spent doing something else, so the increase in AoE/Damage should be greater than proportional to the sum of the cost of the upgraded cast. Hydroid has that problem currently, where it just doesn't hardly feel worth the time and energy cost to do a charged cast of the abilities even with Natural Talent equipped. It's dumb if it's better to just tap-cast two separate times, the increased cost in energy/time to charge-cast already balances out any improvement to duration/range/DPS of the ability in question. It has to at LEAST be proportional for all of the components (time, energy, and effectiveness), as costing an extra 50% in energy, for a 40% improvement in the ability, and taking 4x as long to charge-and-cast, would feel horrible, and drive the player to simply consistently casting multiple times instead, never a charged-cast.

5 minutes ago, Iliac_Prime said:

Make her first ability a toggle summon that makes a water rail that flows through indoor sections, that way she doesn't get stuck on everything and just grind through the level.  You can make The synthesis target wave things as a base and connect the dots.

I actually dig that a lot! I don't know how hard it would be to pull off, but that would be freakin' awesome! 👍

1 hour ago, Iliac_Prime said:

Make her first ability a toggle summon that makes a water rail that flows through indoor sections, that way she doesn't get stuck on everything and just grind through the level.  You can make The synthesis target wave things as a base and connect the dots.

Wouldn't it make more sense for pathfinding-aligned water-rails to simply appear for Yareli to use when she's riding Merulina, or as a held-cast effect of her 2 (Merulina), rather than replacing one of her existing abilities? Gonna add that to my master-list of suggestions, good thought!

12 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Wouldn't it make more sense for pathfinding-aligned water-rails to simply appear for Yareli to use when she's riding Merulina, or as a held-cast effect of her 2 (Merulina), rather than replacing one of her existing abilities? Gonna add that to my master-list of suggestions, good thought!

Having to hold the ability would be a pain if you are trying to do tricks on the rails, so making it a toggle or a auto passive would be better.  Replace the bubbles or don't, or add them as a secondary effect of the rails.  Even for a 1st ability the bubbles are borderline irrelevant, IMO.  Making them a secondary effect of the 1st (The water rails) would give her 1, 2, and 3 synergy, since they don't plan to increase the range of the water blades. 

Anyways, the main point is the rails would make the main point and main obstacle of playing Yarlei much more enjoyable.

On 2021-08-20 at 3:57 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sea Snares:
-Increase seek speed by about 60% and slightly increase bubble visibility to better register your casts. 

Hone-in speed buff is good. Being able to tell at a glance where the globules are is good too.

Sea Snares, however, really should phase through walls to reach their targets. As well, in their armed trap idling state, Sea Snares suffer from a short detection radius, leaving bubbles that hover in the air above the ground essentially unusable. They also have a tendency to splash into the same target, a behavior which wastes an opportunity to snare multiple targets.

Consider some proposed changes below to make this power not invalid itself after Yareli casts it:

• Sea Snares globules are affected by gravity and will drift back to the ground if idling.
  • When a Sea Snare splashes onto an enemy, it applies its snare effect to all enemies around it within a small radius (the current 3.5 meters should be sufficient).
  • Sea Snares' detection radius is made affected by Ability Range.

These changes also side-buff Riptide and Sea Snares interaction. A single bubble splashing into an enemy being drawn into Riptide's center can cascade and chain the snare effect to potentially multiple enemies caught inside. Where Riptide is meant to be a quick one-and-done cast, Sea Snares is designed to last a good while. Let the snares do their intended job and excel at it, reach new heights of usefulness when combo-ed with Yareli's other abilities.

1 hour ago, Iliac_Prime said:

Having to hold the ability would be a pain if you are trying to do tricks on the rails

Oh I definitely didn't mean continuously in order to do the grind, I just meant that it'd be a hold-cast to trigger for a toggle or duration.

1 hour ago, PsiWarp said:
  • Sea Snares globules are affected by gravity and will drift back to the ground if idling.
  • Sea Snares' detection radius is made affected by Ability Range.

Adding to my masterlist! (a page back) (the other ideas are good but I've already added them 😅 )

So the new content dropped Wednesday, and along with it the changes to Yareli. I only just got to try her out; frankly I had low expectations and I prioritized leveling Nidus Prime, the primed weapons, the Ghoulsaw, and giving Nekros a pedicure (I don't even want to tell you what grows between those toes! And yet, STILL more interesting than Yareli's "fixes.")

So I dusted her off, had a quick review of the proposed changes that went in this week, and took her into Hydron for a test drive. She still handles like a pig on ice while riding Merulina, albeit an ever-so-slightly more svelte and nimble porker. Once you get used to the new dodge/roll on Merulina, it's not bad however you still wind up getting hung on geometry or when trying to negotiate a corner or hairpin turn and kissing the wall at Mach 2.3. 

As far as the other entries...her Sea Snares do indeed move faster. They still have the target-seeking finesse of a nearsighted bloodhound with hay fever; some clump up on a single target while others float mere inches away from unengaged targets as if they weren't even there. Being able to seek faster does little good when it can't actually acquire a target. I will give you points for making the bubbles a bit more visually distinct, which was on my list of things I wanted to see, so partial credit there.

Aquablades now has a slightly larger reach, but is still very finicky to get into their sweet spot to do damage while avoiding having things pound you into hummus because you're standing too close to them. The extra time on the skill is welcome, I guess. Although I'd have sooner seen the ability to toggle the blades on or off so you don't accidentally trip blast/ice/toxin barrels while you're zipping about. If you're not going to give the ability any benefit from modded range, at least extend the kill-zone inside the perimeter of the blades so enemies take damage being within the skill's area of effect.

Riptide's increased radius is better, I noticed a difference. Not so much in actual damage, but it did seem to be scooping things up from farther away, so that's a net positive. Would still be nice if they were coded to drop in place after Riptide is finished if they're still alive, and yeeted if they're dead to make things unambiguous if it needs a second treatment.

Other observations: I noticed Vacuum/Fetch still doesn't properly work while on Merulina. If you drive directly over objects, it will sometimes pick it up, but there's no real consistency there, and I noticed I had to stop and back up a few times to grab things that should have been hoovered up from meters away. That's quite annoying to say the least.

It's a step in right direction, but she's still far from where she could and should be. She's been on the proverbial "bubble" (if you'll pardon the water-based pun) as far as keeping her loadout slot in my roster, and to be honest I'm finding less and less compelling about her as she currently stands as reason for keeping her there. I'm sincerely hoping this isn't the final word on Yareli, but until some momentum appears on the part of the devs, I'm about ready to mothball her for the foreseeable future.

On 19/08/2021 at 16:57, [DE]Rebecca said:

Melhorias Yareli estão chegando, Tenno! Você tem esperado pacientemente por uma palavra sobre as mudanças que ocorrerão em nosso Warframe mais recente, e este Dev Workshop cobre nossos planos atuais para o kit dela. Leia!

Temos 2 áreas que estão sendo aprimoradas: Estatísticas e Utilidade. 

Mudanças de utilitário: estamos introduzindo uma mudança fundamental no movimento de Yareli: Merulina Dashing (toque em Roll / Dash)! 

Isso pode ser executado em qualquer direção e é efetivamente uma nova maneira de fechar lacunas (ou recuar rapidamente!) E alterar a direção de Yareli a bordo do Merulina! Isso também melhora a maneira como você pode atravessar verticalmente com entrada direcional responsiva enquanto estiver no ar. Fizemos um .gif útil para demonstrar exatamente o que queremos dizer: 

O que você vê neste .gif é uma travessia vertical que atualmente é difícil de fazer com Yareli. No entanto, com o traço para frente, o movimento do momentum agora permite manobras direcionais. Então, vemos Yareli Dash tanto para frente quanto para trás no .gif, mostrando como você certamente pode tirar proveito dessa nova ferramenta de movimento!

Esta é uma mudança que é melhor experimentada em suas mãos, mas é certamente uma grande melhoria para navegar em todos os tilesets de Warframes! 

Também fizemos algumas alterações no movimento geral da Merulina, permitindo saltos mais curtos e reduzindo o tempo geral de carga do salto.

Mudanças nas estatísticas de Yareli:
fizemos algumas mudanças nas estatísticas de Yareli também. Estes são buffs em toda a linha, e os detalhes são os seguintes: 

Sea Snares:
-Aumente a velocidade de busca em cerca de 60% e aumente levemente a visibilidade da bolha para registrar melhor seus lançamentos. 

Aquablades: - Aumente o
alcance em apenas cerca de 25% -
Aumente o dano e a duração em 50%

RipTide: Quanto
maior, melhor. Quanto maior for o Rip, mais inimigos, melhor será o dimensionamento e assim por diante!
-Aumente o raio em 25%

Você pode esperar por isso em nossa próxima atualização, Tenno! 

Saúde! 

hello DE now it got better I'm enjoying playing with it I thought it was cool but it still has a helmint skill that doesn't work on it when using merulina the energized ammo skill doesn't work I'm using it together with akarius and it's serving me well because of your passive you guys could fix it, thanks

I'll be honest, with @StarGeezerTim's review just above, I have zero eagerness to re-try Yareli. So many things are just obvious bare-minimum tweaks that need to be made, like having the SeaSnares not pop themselves on obstacles/walls/already-snared-enemies-without-even-refreshing-their-duration. Her entire kit rewards zooming around except for her Aquablades, that encourage you to try and hover or circle or pace-back-and-forth past a very small range of enemies. And despite her kit (sans aquablades) rewarding/incentivizing movement, her handling is still being reported as poor/slippery by users. How hard would it be to allow K-Drive mods to be applied to Merulina, and to release a new K-Drive mod that tightens up control/responsiveness on her to nearly-instantaneous responsiveness? Would it be so hard to have a ramp-up, sticks-at-max period, and decaying-down mechanic on Yareli's passive, and to make it good for non-critical weapons via flat additive % crit/status chance?

The updates being shipped out only EXACTLY how DE decided they would be upon posting the workshop thread, without taking player feedback into account again, and without any communication regarding our feedback, is a huge letdown.

A TON of players are noticing her design is whack, so much so, that from the very beginning you IMMEDIATELY jumped onto applying updated stats to Yareli in the first hotfix, and then had to do this Workshop as well due to (presumably) practically nobody playing her due to her ineffectiveness and wonky/inconsistent/ineffective design philosophy, even though I'm sure (from DE staff's own comments in streams) the last thing you want to do is anything other than finishing the New War.

I compiled a master-list of 60+ recommendations from myself and other player's suggestions on how she could be fixed. Some of them are things that Yareli truly needs to feel like a coherently, cohesively designed Warframe that's fun to play. PLEASE take your pick from them, this is a list of options, not expectations, aside from the expectation that you implement some of them.

I know you guys abide by that philosophy of "players are good at knowing when things are wrong, not necessarily how to fix it", but please look at the problems I compiled from other player's observations, and find the problem within the fix-suggestions. Because these fixes are all targeted towards making Yareli compete (not overshadow, just compete) with other (not-bottom-tier) Warframes, fixing individual problems with individual abilities, and making her kit more cohesive and philosophically consistent, and fixing how she felt bad to play as. They aren't buffs for the sake of buffs, they're "buffs" that are needed because she's obnoxious to play with their absence. Fixing a negative, not adding unnecessary positives.

Dear goodness, (imo) at bare minimum, make Seasnares not pop themselves against the environment like lemmings stupidly falling off a cliff, give Merulina K-Drive modding and better handling (via new K-Drive mod if you must) and competitive-with-SplinterStorm/WardingHalo-DR and damage absorption mechanics, allow Helminth casts to auto-dismount-and-cast from Merulina, front-load Aquablade's damage to reward the K-Drive-encouraged hit-and-run tactics instead of boringly standing at range to enemies, and make the blade diameters scale with range (not the range at which they orbit), and make her 1, 3, and 4 DPS all scale with enemy levels instead of flat numbers that fall between meh and great in early Starchart, but become utterly useless in late- or post-Starchart content. These are consistent asks that I see most of the playerbase in agreement on for her, or that address or make-moot some of the other suggestions for the abilities (like the repeat blanket suggestions of adding Viral/Slash procs to everything).

Please, even if you can't DO the development of some of these tweaks right now, please just communicate to your playerbase what adjustments your team will be looking into implementing (if possible) after New War releases. Not responding at all looks really 5h1tty, and it has people blowing up on Twitter/Reddit/Youtube over her, which isn't good for your optics, and makes your loyal playerbase miffed with you.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad Yareli got buffs in U30.7 (especially the new dash), and I realise that your priority should be The New War, but please don’t let this be the final round for her. Consider the following:

Sea Snares:

• Globules can now bypass obstacles in the environment. 
    • Why? Currently globules will hone in on enemies regardless if there's an obstacle between it and the enemy, meaning a lot of globules end up popping when they collide with said obstacle- this leads to a lot of wasted energy. Changing it so they can bypass obstacles would make Sea Snares more reliable and not wasteful. 
  • Enemies caught by Sea Snares receive 50% increased damage from all sources (moddable up to 100%).
    • Why? Gives more incentive to ensnare enemies as it will boost the damage of Yareli's (and her squad's) abilities/weaponry against ensnared enemies.

Merulina:

• Upon activation, Merulina is invulnerable for 3s, during this time all incoming damage it takes is multiplied by 250% and added to its total health. 
    • Why? Merulina does not scale into higher enemy levels, this change (that was also made to Rhino’s Iron Skin and Nezha’s Warding Halo) would make Merulina viable regardless of the content you're tackling. 
  • Damage reduction is now moddable up to to 90%.
    • Why? This follows the precedent from other damage reduction abilities (Splinter Storm, Warding Halo, etc).
  • If Yareli receives lethal damage while riding, she is ejected from Merulina with her health points restored to 50% of maximum health capacity.
    • Why? Additional protection given by Merulina in the case that the 75% damage reduction doesn’t protect her, essentially a way to cheat death as Yareli. Very similar to Protea’s Temporal Anchor and Nidus' Undying. 
  • Benefits of Merulina (damage reduction, status immunity, stagger & knockdown resistance) will now linger on Yareli for 30s upon dismount or ejection.
    • Why? Merulina currently has three core downsides: K-Drive controls, secondary weapon restriction, and inability to cast Helminth abilities. Players should not have to make these sacrifices for survivability, especially when Warframes such as Gara, Rhino, and Nezha can have the same, if not better, survivability without any sacrifice. This change essentially makes the mechanics of Merulina optional.

Riptide:

• Changed to a duration-based ability (7s), continually dragging in enemies for the entire duration. Riptide bursts when its duration expires, or when deactivated.
    • Why? This change would make Riptide more accurate to how it’s portrayed in ‘Warframe Profile | Yareli’, whereby the enemies are kept in place and Lotus mentions that the ability can be deactivated, which is not the case at the moment. Additionally, it would make Riptide a very useful grouping tool, similar to Nidus’ Larva or Khora’s Ensnare.

6 hours ago, (XBOX)ActualGeist said:

Enemies caught by Sea Snares receive 50% increased damage from all sources (moddable up to 100%).

Good idea! We don't need a thematically inconsistent proc like viral or arbitrarily assigned slash procs, making Seasnares a Molecular-Prime Lite/trap edition would be really compelling, and help Yareli's DPS and add team-play perks!

If Yareli receives lethal damage while riding, she is ejected from Merulina with her health points restored to 50% of maximum health capacity.

Oh that's good! Even if they didn't amp up Merulina's bestowed DR (to match Splinter Storm or Warding Halo), this helps give Yareli a safety net in case she dies before Merulina (which in my experience is basically always). They additionally could make dismounting from Merulina simply bestow x% of Merulina's remaining health (as a bonus to your proposed 50% Yareli health, or a nerfed amount like 25%), so that players could use her as a source of self sufficient healing (assuming access to energy) but would have to watch out that Merulina and Yareli don't both lose too much health at once, or she'll be at a high risk for getting taken out due to the lack of bonus health.

Benefits of Merulina (damage reduction, status immunity, stagger & knockdown resistance) will now linger on Yareli for 30s upon dismount or ejection.

This would address my previously mentioned risk, and also make dismounting from Merulina feel a lot less punishing in general!

Riptide:

• Changed to a duration-based ability (7s), continually dragging in enemies for the entire duration. Riptide bursts when its duration expires, or when deactivated.
    • Why? This change would make Riptide more accurate to how it’s portrayed in ‘Warframe Profile | Yareli’, whereby the enemies are kept in place and Lotus mentions that the ability can be deactivated, which is not the case at the moment. Additionally, it would make Riptide a very useful grouping tool, similar to Nidus’ Larva or Khora’s Ensnare.

Facts. The very nature of it makes it feel like a Larva (LoS check) without any of the cc-duration (like Zephyr's Airburst). It's an ultimate that costs 100 energy, it should feel like it, or be made less costly.

I'm gonna add these thoughts to my masterpost of suggestions in a minute! (A few of the others have been reiterated by others and were already added)

8 hours ago, (XBOX)ActualGeist said:

Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad Yareli got buffs in U30.7 (especially the new dash), and I realise that your priority should be The New War, but please don’t let this be the final round for her. Consider the following:

Sea Snares:

• Globules can now bypass obstacles in the environment. 
    • Why? Currently globules will hone in on enemies regardless if there's an obstacle between it and the enemy, meaning a lot of globules end up popping when they collide with said obstacle- this leads to a lot of wasted energy. Changing it so they can bypass obstacles would make Sea Snares more reliable and not wasteful. 
  • Enemies caught by Sea Snares receive 50% increased damage from all sources (moddable up to 100%).
    • Why? Gives more incentive to ensnare enemies as it will boost the damage of Yareli's (and her squad's) abilities/weaponry against ensnared enemies.

Merulina:

• Upon activation, Merulina is invulnerable for 3s, during this time all incoming damage it takes is multiplied by 250% and added to its total health. 
    • Why? Merulina does not scale into higher enemy levels, this change (that was also made to Rhino’s Iron Skin and Nezha’s Warding Halo) would make Merulina viable regardless of the content you're tackling. 
  • Damage reduction is now moddable up to to 90%.
    • Why? This follows the precedent from other damage reduction abilities (Splinter Storm, Warding Halo, etc).
  • If Yareli receives lethal damage while riding, she is ejected from Merulina with her health points restored to 50% of maximum health capacity.
    • Why? Additional protection given by Merulina in the case that the 75% damage reduction doesn’t protect her, essentially a way to cheat death as Yareli. Very similar to Protea’s Temporal Anchor and Nidus' Undying. 
  • Benefits of Merulina (damage reduction, status immunity, stagger & knockdown resistance) will now linger on Yareli for 30s upon dismount or ejection.
    • Why? Merulina currently has three core downsides: K-Drive controls, secondary weapon restriction, and inability to cast Helminth abilities. Players should not have to make these sacrifices for survivability, especially when Warframes such as Gara, Rhino, and Nezha can have the same, if not better, survivability without any sacrifice. This change essentially makes the mechanics of Merulina optional.

Riptide:

Oh, all this would be awesome!

I'd add this too:

Aquablades:

• The blades now each constantly eject a cutting beam of water / crystalline ice / coral (whatever fitting graphics, basicly) which reaches towards Yareli, causing it to not just cut at the edge of the ability, but all throughout the currently non-damaging "dead zone" too. Note: These waterbeams do the exact same thing as the blades do, just functioning as a visual representation of removing the dead zone.
    • Why? To make the ability less specific in positioning (considering how poorly it currently plays with Merulina), and to allow the next change...
  • Modding for ability range now increases the distance of the blades. Since there would be no dead zone, this is now a pure upside. If needed, the effect of ability range modding on this ability could be reduced, to not make the damaging zone too big.
    • Why? Because with the first change, opening up to mod for range on this ability is now a safe option.
  • Whenever an enemy is struck by a blade/waterbeam, they also have X% of their current shields and armor permanently destroyed.
    • Why? To give it some utility outside of non-scalable damage and CC, and increasing its value for Yareli and also as a Helminth option.
  • Holdcasting the ability while it is active deactivates it early.
    • Why? Because QoL on ability control is always handy.

My ideias for a third buff: 

Passive: last a couple of seconds when you stop moving and Yareli can use primaries too when on a kdrive/Merulina.

Sea Snares: Corrosive/Viral procs from it could be great.

Merulina: Her kdrive needs to get a dash melee attack, passing through enemies hitting with merulida and scale damage like Atlas Landslide and Khora Whipclaw. To move free, forget the inertia of the kdrives (want to stop moving? stop immediatally. Got stuck on a wall? leave immediatally). 

Some sinergies with her 2: Kdrive melee a enemie affect by the bubble will make bubble explode and release more bubbles. When dash attack with aquablades, the range of dash attack becomes widther and force slash procs on dash attack.

Why? Since the warframe is about mounting merulina, why this can't be her way of locomotion and pure force?

Aquablades: need to fix in hitbox, the current blade need to hit all in circular area,

Riptide: could stay in the place for a while, sucking enemies, procing cold and shooting on it could stack damage for the big boom.

Sinergie: dash attack a Riptide could do more damage and a instantly explosion. The damage of explosion could adapt to type of the damage stacked. 

Archived