Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli Movement & Stat Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

hace 44 minutos, (PSN)Spaceboule dijo:

It's been a month and we don't have any news about Yareli. She is the first Warframe I haven't instantly farmed for since the release of the game. And I still don't want to get her. I hope she won't be a Grendel case, completely forgotten by the devs.

Not sure if a Grendel case but for sure looks like a Titania case, years will pass before they actually make some meaningful changes to her kit, having very small and scarse improvements before getting there.

The last patch of "fixes" where okish, I don't see much improvement from them because she has way too many inner design flaws that the buffs just hit like wet paper.

On 2021-08-19 at 4:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yareli Stat Changes:
We’ve made some Stat changes to Yareli’s abilities as well. These are buffs across the board, and details are as follows: 

Sea Snares:
-Increase seek speed by about 60% and slightly increase bubble visibility to better register your casts. 

Aquablades:
-Increase range by just about 25%
-Increase damage and duration by 50%

RipTide:
Bigger is better. The bigger we Rip, the more enemies, the better scaling, and so on!
-Increase radius by 25%

One thing that can also improve Yareli abilities and synergy is enemies caught by Sea Snares are dragged to the Aqua Blades while its active, and they also count to the damage multiplier on Riptide.

On 2021-08-19 at 4:57 PM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Utility Changes: We are introducing a foundational change to Yareli’s movement: Merulina Dashing (tap Roll/Dash)! 

This can be executed in any direction and is effectively a new way to close gaps (or quickly retreat!) and alter the direction of Yareli aboard Merulina! This also enhances the way you can traverse vertically with responsive directional input while in the air.

I think this should be on all k-drives since the beginning...

I'm asking for improvement in the structure of the passive.

Change to a structure in which the duration and performance of the passive are accumulated in proportion to the distance traveled.

3 will be useful when move around to build passive.

You can stand still and shoot trapped enemies after build passive.

Current Yareli need to move and attack at once this is not good so I suggest this to separate them.

Added some of these new suggestions. 80+ unique suggestions to potentially improve Yareli. DE please tell us if you're planning on choosing/implementing any additional improvements to Yareli after New War, even if you don't commit to specific ones, or improvements to specific aspects of her kit. Please at least confirm you plan to make her actually fun and halfway effective to use.

Credit where credit is due: the Nightwave Daily mission for Tuesday (14 September) was to Kill 20 Enemies While Riding a K-Drive. In the past, this did NOT work while Yereli strode Merulina. It now works, and she was able to make quick work of the mission from atop her noble jellyfish-surfboard-steed-thing. I'm willing to acknowledge the big and small strides here. Nice work, DE! Keep it up! 👍

I think the final change Yareli needs is to:

• Make her 4 not animation lock you (at least while on her 2), so you can briefly shoot the gathered up enemies before they explode (or to apply status effects to them so her 4 can hit harder).
  • OR make her 4 combine all status effects on enemies gathered up, and apply them across all enemies before the explosion (or after the explosion if that's too strong).

Otherwise, her 4 is still quite pointless because all you can do is wait around for it to pull and push, with mediocre damage and no other effect.

On 2021-09-16 at 6:04 PM, Slimspadey101 said:

I didn't get a chance to play Yareli before these changes but I have to say that I'm enjoying her movement where it is currently. The control scheme fits perfectly into the kit. I roll a lot anyway and her dash works how I would expect with that. She's top tier in terms of mobility for sure. 

Could you please elaborate on how is she top tier in terms of mobility?

Top tier mobility frames are frames like Titania with her augment which gives her insane speed along side with a lot of killing potential. Gauss, speed boy who is one of the best frames out there, Volt who can boost other frames speed, Nezha who cleanses his allies while going fast...etc. Those are just some quick examples.

So please where in that list would you place Yareli?, the frame whos mobility ability hinders her, locks her out of primary and melee weapons and most if not all of the helminth infused abilities, the frame that gets stuck in any tileset...

28 minutes ago, Perfectly_Framed_Waifu said:

She might be top tier in mobility, but she's also bottom tier in control, way below Grendelball.

Can we even say she's top tier in mobility when Razorwing Blitz exists? I don't demand that she be so, mind you. Just tuned until it's "fun" and "effective" to use, rather than frustrating.

And if her mobility isn't top tier, Merulina should have other functionalities that make her worth not-Infusing-over, and the rest of her kit should be more effective. Right now, neither how Merulina handles is fun to use in most standard missions (I caved and tried a few more with her, not picking her back up again until she gets more tweaks though, was disappointed, even if the dash was an improvement), nor is the rest of her kit very effective or synergistic or interesting to play.

She consists of a worse Spellbind/Condemn (which we could both Infuse), worse Defy/Razorwing/Meatball/K-Drive-in-general (nerfed Infused version of Defy at max absorbed-damage-charge nearly provides the same DR, but Merulina doesn't have the same invulnerability period, or the reflected-damage bonus, it doesn't have the same micro-manageable mobility or handling or modding that other mobility-exalteds or exalteds in general do, without any significant upside, and is even inferior to standard K-Drives in the sheer lack of customizability), worse Elemental Ward / Splinter Storm, and worse Vortex/Larva.

These abilities need to at least be side-grades. Their kit should net comparatively/relatively equal to other Warframe's DPS/CC/Mobility potential, not so very far below it as it feels to be right now.

21 minutes ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

These abilities need to at least be side-grades. Their kit should net comparatively/relatively equal to other Warframe's DPS/CC/Mobility potential, not so very far below it as it feels to be right now.

I think that's what DE might be missing here. We're not asking for something better than anything else. We are looking for something that is unique (and not in the sense that she's practically unplayable either.) We're looking for Yareli to be in a place where when she shows up in a PUG, people don't reflexively roll their eyes into the back of their skulls and stifle a groan.

As an example, I rolled up in my Oberon the other night, just because I hadn't played him in a minute. He was able to lock down the whole central area (it was a defense mission) with Holy Ground, and while they weren't instantly dying they were afflicted by Radiation procs and perpetually confused, which made them easy pickin's for the rest of the group. Renewal kept everyone topped off and gave a decent boost to armor even when squad-mates just ran through "the garden" of Holy Ground. Those two skills alone (and I didn't use the 1 and the 4) were enough for someone to comment, "Wow, haven't seen anyone play an Obee in a while, I forgot how much he rocks!"

Similar can be said for Grendel, and he's not in a great place himself (Meatball, while meme-worthy, is hardly a serious ability much less an ultimate.) His ability to throw on buffs that stack with other similar buffs is noteworthy, as is his ability to make short-work of troublesome mobs. Need that sentinel gone? Hold my beer. *Guuuuulp!* *Pah-TUUUUUIII!* There ya go. Problem solved.

The point is, these are not top-tier frames. One or more skills are busted or useless by the end of the star chart, to say nothing of SP. Yet they're enjoyable and can, to some extent, hold their own in all but the most difficult content. Yareli's skills need a raison d'être, a reason to be. She's the patroness of the Vent Kids and the inspiration behind the K-drives. Why? Certainly she would not have gotten that reputation by bumping into or snagging every item she encounters on the map. Her Sea Snares are modestly better, but still don't target mobs a great percentage of the time and still can't find their way around obstacles without bursting. Why don't idle "bubbles" after a second or two with no additional targets, simply "gang up" on those already affected by a bubble, stacking the effect or increasing it's duration or both? That would be preferred to just floating in space until the timer runs out and they poof on their own. Aquablades are equally useless. They are literally the bringing of a knife to a gun fight! They don't apply slash procs fast enough to just run or ride Merulina through a clump of mobs. And if you stand still long enough for the procs to go off, you risk being shot and/or pummeled to paste. It's a very fidgety skill that is likely the weakest in her kit (and that's truly saying something in an entire skillset that is pretty meh on its best day.)

I know I'm re-hashing some of the same ol' things over and over again. It's supremely irritating to see the potential in this frame, to really want to see her shine, and just see her languish. We don't need her to be the best thing since sliced bread (we wouldn't complain, mind you, but we don't need that to be the case.) Give her skills some overlap and synergy. Make them mean something when they're used. At the very least, make her relevant and a legit choice in a group, and not simply someone who's going to have to be carried by the rest of the squad.

On 2021-09-16 at 6:38 PM, Veknanita said:

Could you please elaborate on how is she top tier in terms of mobility?

Top tier mobility frames are frames like Titania with her augment which gives her insane speed along side with a lot of killing potential. Gauss, speed boy who is one of the best frames out there, Volt who can boost other frames speed, Nezha who cleanses his allies while going fast...etc. Those are just some quick examples.

So please where in that list would you place Yareli?, the frame whos mobility ability hinders her, locks her out of primary and melee weapons and most if not all of the helminth infused abilities, the frame that gets stuck in any tileset...

I wasn't really clear with how I worded that initial post. What I meant to say was her movement is fun and I enjoy moving around maps with her more than I do with most other Warframes. It's challenging and sometimes frustrating and maps are a big factor but the experience overall has been satisfying and why I said she was top tier. This is just my experience with her.

What makes these other frames super fast is their one dimensional functionality right. Look in the direction you want to go and zoom in free space. In the ideal circumstances Yareli is still really fast and fairly precise once you get a handle on her dashes and jumps. There are still some situations where she's kind of clunky though regardless of map. Dashing too soon or at imprecise times can result in just the animation playing and no movement, for example.

I've put about 20 hours into Yareli so far and despite the issues she is now my favorite Warframe to play because of Merulina. Take from that what you will.

Her 2 locking her out of primary and melee use means it’s should be way more powerful. The fact that it only DRs 70% of damage is pretty pathetic. Should be complete protection and work like rhinos iron skin. Then it would be close to worth, again she loses her primary and melee to use it. It’s a ridiculous self nerf as is. 

6 hours ago, Arthegall said:

Her 2 locking her out of primary and melee use means it’s should be way more powerful. The fact that it only DRs 70% of damage is pretty pathetic. Should be complete protection and work like rhinos iron skin. Then it would be close to worth, again she loses her primary and melee to use it. It’s a ridiculous self nerf as is. 

Also locks you out of Helminth infused abilities, and the mobility is more of a sidegrade than an upgrade, and offers no synergy to other abilities aside from not locking you in place for Riptide, don't forget.

5 hours ago, Grav_Starstrider said:

Also locks you out of Helminth infused abilities, and the mobility is more of a sidegrade than an upgrade, and offers no synergy to other abilities aside from not locking you in place for Riptide, don't forget.

Hardly even a sidegrade considering how much geometry the damned thing gets stuck on.

They could add an augment called Over-Buttered Lobster that makes you automatically slip around or even slightly clip through any type of obstruction/corner(in short, if you're pressing against it you're going to squirt around it after a split-second).  Additional ranks reduce friction.

3 hours ago, garbenzine said:

They could add an augment called Over-Buttered Lobster that makes you automatically slip around or even slightly clip through any type of obstruction/corner(in short, if you're pressing against it you're going to squirt around it after a split-second).  Additional ranks reduce friction.

Aaaand now I'm hungry. LOL 😆
giphy.gif

Yareli feels fun, that much has been established for those of us who appreciate the mobility and run-and-slash playstyle on her fishboard. Outside of that, she doesn't have any exceptional niche you'd want to bring to a squad.

Off the board, she is a generic frame that has potential to shine but continues to go unrealized, because basic stat changes are all that is brought to the table. Delve deeper into unique gameplay mechanics for the next batch of changes if there is one coming, is all I ask.

Archived