Yareli Movement & Stat Changes!

26 minutes ago, SherpaRage said:

I'm still curious as to why we still can't affect the range of her 3 in general honestly.

Because DE don't to create another World on Fire situation in which enemies die in a wide area by you merely walking by.

Please make sure to reduce her head height when on Merulina, because if I keep bumping my head and losing all of my momentum whenever passing under any old Grineer doors (like the circular doors of Grineer Gallon) and old Corpus doors (like the square doors of Corpus Outpost), I'll still not use her for the mobility

Also, will K-Drives get that Roll? If not innately, how about as a Mod?

I'll also ask again for Merulina to be mod-able. Much of her innate Mobility is unwanted in regular Tilesets, but could be restored and amplified with Mods for Landscapes. Doing Tricks in regular Tilesets is useless, but it wouldn't be after equipping the Mod which turns Points to Energy. The K-Drive Combat Mods are overshadowed by the Mobility Mods for normal K-Drives, but would be a perfect fit for Merulina.

Edited by Petroklos
  • Like 9

43 minutes ago, Fairmoon said:

awesome, now if only there was an easier way (other than Platinum) of getting her, I'm not good at snowboarding/skateboarding games and I'm stuck on page 4 of Waverrider, I am unable to do any of the grinding or anything to get a combo up to 1500 pts and previous pages were only scored by just launching off highest tower in Fortuna and doing tricks on the way down. Yareli looks like a lot of fun but until I either invest in the platinum to buy her I'm unable to complete the Waverider quest

I was having trouble on the same task until I grabbed a fully ranked Inertial Dampeners mod.  Then I completed that and the 2000 point challenge rather easily (jumping off an orokin tower and alternating tricks to the ground)

This is cool and all, but I'd still rather have the shield without having to suffer an indoor K-Drive. With those changes I'd probably be better off helminthing something over her 2 for survivability instead, like Gloom. 

• Like 2

Yeah we need to be able to use Primaries and Melee with her on her board. It's VERY limiting right now. 

This is a good step though. That definitely puts more of a punch on her compared to her current stats. 

• Like 3

These movement changes are such an awesome idea!! 

Even with these implemented, however, I still think it would be amazing to allow Merulina employ ventkid mods. The ability to gain energy by doing tricks, for example, would be cook. Not to mention the ability to tailor Merulina's playstyle more to player's liking (if you want to be able to get higher jumps or more speed, you can mod for that). I mean, there already exist moddable exalted weapons and even pets (looking at you Khora!). 

In any case, great idea D.E.

• Like 5

Maybe a possibility to mod aquablades? Similiar like garuda can mod her claws. Also possibity to use glaive weapons + pistols on muralina. but those are only my thoughts, but whatever ya gonna do im going to be satisfied.

• Like 1

I'm glad you're adding in the dodge roll to Merulina. I know some people, myself included, suggested it and I really think this will help with navigating maps. I do still think that Yareli should be able to use primaries on Merulina though. The ability still feels very restricting to use right now, especially if you compare it to similar abilities like Nezha's Warding Halo, which is a just plain stronger and better survivability technique, and also doesn't come with any downsides like Merulina has.

• Like 2

Still doesn't fix the core issues with the frame. Sea Snares is the worst CC in the game, Aquablades will STILL not do enough damage to remain viable at higher levels, Merulina provides no benefit compared to damage reductions other warframes have while also RESTRICTING what weapons you can use, and Riptide gathers enemies in one spot just to fling them everywhere again while dealing mediocre damage. Her abilities need to be souped up in ways other than just number increases. They need new functionalities of some sort. Armor reduction, disorientation, evasion mechanics, squad buffs, the ability to use ANY weapon aboard Merulina and definitely some synergy to make her base kit worth it. I'm personally tired of warframes that have one or two thoroughly useless abilities that exist to get removed by the helminth system. No, they need to all be useful in some way shape or form.

TLDR Please just make her useful, please.

• Like 5

The merulina changes are nice but the aquablade change is really weird... I mean... are you saying the blades now spin 25% further away? This does not help the problem with its range because if this is the case then the dead zone (inside the circle) would also be larger. 50% more damage is also frustratingly useful... You guys just don't really seem to grasp the point of the ability (you designed it so wtf). 

Aquablades is an ability that is not designed to hit the same target over and over. And with the change you're suggesting you've effectively pushed it out of melee range so it doesn't even apply slash procs while you're meleeing targets.

Really asinine changes to aquablades IMO. Lazy and asinine. The ability needs a complete rework from the ground up (no dead zone, moddable range).

And the change to riptide doesn't really address the core issue either.. Pulling targets from farther away does not address the fundamental issue of it as a "pull and pop" form of CC. It is essentially a much worse version of Nidus's CC ability (higher cost, lower actual CC duration). 

I really hope there is more to this than these micro optimizations. Yarelli is the bottom of the barrel and you guys should really put more effort into turning her into at least a usable frame given all the focus you've placed on her (paid packs, nightwave garbage etc.).

• Like 6

in conclusion, still trash

to address each buff:

1 ok i guess, but id really like to see more duration on there than anything else

3 the ability doesnt do enough damage to warrant this. it is incredibly awkward to use, and has almost no payoff. 3 should just be replaced by another ability entirely. i dont see a version of this ability ever being good, either way too much damage and people build exclusively around it and AFk or completely useless. as it stands, you are worse off for casting this because it costs too much energy (75). If DE were to keep this, i would lower it to 25 energy, make the model bigger, and add more CC to it, because lets be honest, thats all its doing. it doing puncture was actually better because it at least reduced damage. maybe they shrink to where an enemy currently is within radius instead of always the same if they want it to do damage

4 even with the range increase it still doesnt do damage. range was never the issue here. if i hit 20 heavy gunners it still doesnt even scratch them. this ability needs a straight up damage buff, not utility. why not add scaling damage? thats literally all it needs

• Like 4

If aquablades still just do damage at the blade part this change wont do anything riptide will still do no damage just in a larger area and sea snares are ok... I guess. For me her kit is still bad but to those who like her more power to you.

• Like 2

Her 4 keeps being the key issue.

It is bad.

High cost, short cc, no lingering cc that matters, no scaling damage, and it spreads enemies out making them harder to kill.

It also removes sea snares, which is a much better skill.

You're literally sabotaging yourself and your team by casting it.

It needs more lingering cc - like a whooole lot of cold procs so the slow matters after they get spat out, and it needs to not spread enemies in almost as wide a radius as it succs from.

More range actually makes it worse, so good job! 

• Like 4

Are there any other changes planned? Like making Merulina moddable, letting you use primaries on it and K-Drives, synergies between abilities, etc?

Edit: It occurs to me that the dash would be useful on regular K-Drives as well. Since it looks identical to a bullet jump, instead of making it the same awkward tap-shift control as Archwing's Blink why not make it mirror a bullet jump? Crouch and jump/grind a rail and jump to do a more directed board jump.

Regarding the radius on Aquablades, why not just make it scale with Range mods like everyone keeps asking and give it a range cap like Khora's Whipclaw if you don't want it to get too big? Let people mod the range how they like, since some people like low range and others like high range. That's what modding is for, right?

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 4

Movement changes are greatly appreciated. I think I agree with most of the comments in that her scaling issues remain unchanged, this is merely a quality-of-life pass.

I have a fear that DE is being misled by usage stats of the frame. People are playing Yareli for her character and not her usefulness, but it might leave her in a sub-par state. That, or there is hesitancy and caution of overbuffing the frame, such as the cases of Xaku and Khora.

She just needs something. She dies, she lacks damage, and her utility (speed/crowd control) does not quite compensate. Her role needs to focus on one or more.

17 minutes ago, Majicarp said:

why not add scaling damage? thats literally all it needs

It already has scaling damage. To be fair the increase in range will result in more net damage due to how damage scaling on this works, but we'll have to see how the pull force is changed to see if the range really makes much of a difference.