Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli Movement & Stat Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Utility Changes: We are introducing a foundational change to Yareli’s movement: Merulina Dashing (tap Roll/Dash)! 

Yareli Stat Changes:
We’ve made some Stat changes to Yareli’s abilities as well. These are buffs across the board, and details are as follows: 

Aquablades:
-Increase range by just about 25%
-Increase damage and duration by 50%

RipTide:
Bigger is better. The bigger we Rip, the more enemies, the better scaling, and so on!
-Increase radius by 25%

Dashing on Merulina is great,

Stat buffs is great,

Aqua blade buffs are great,

Range increase on RipTide is exactly what i have been wanting all around i love all of this ... still going to replace sea snares though

I've been playing a bit of Yareli lately and noticing some things I think would make her much more user friendly aswell as some large issues she has. I'm hoping that these changes are the first of more to come if they are as is when the patch ships.

Overall, I think she has the potential to be a well loved warframe for more than just being cute, but currently I don't think the abilities are all quite finished baking. Issue being, they don't have any interaction with each other at all, and they don't scale at later stages of the game. I don't think she should be a tank, but I feel like her defensive abilities are also far too paper thin to meet the standards of steel path.

Some ideas I had were

Sea Snares
· Strips 10% armor and shields per second snared.
· Sea Snared enemies that die spawn two more bubbles with remaining duration that seek out and snare another enemy
· works on acolytes

Merulina
· Regenerates 1% health for each kill, and adds an increased chance of dropping health and energy orbs while in use
· damage reduction scales from 90% to 75% based on Merulina's health %
· Increase aim glide time while on Merulina
· Moddable or uses K drive mods.
· Merulina deals a 15m electrical AoE upon death
· Immune to knock down/knock back while on Merulina
· no energy cost.

Aqua Blades
·  Aqua Blades block bullets at a 35 degree angle (not on helminth version)
· When aqua blades hit enemies effected by Sea Snares, adds .5 seconds to duration of sea snare
· If Aqua Blades kill an enemy effected by Sea Snare add another blade for the duration of Aqua Blades

Riptide
· throws enemies at the ground instead of throwing them all over the room
· enemies effected by sea snares explode dealing slash damage to surrounding enemies within 8m
· cast speed greatly increased

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yareli improvements are incoming, Tenno! You’ve been patiently waiting for word on what changes will come to our latest Warframe, and this Dev Workshop covers our current plans for her kit. Read on!

We have 2 areas that are being buffed: Stats, and Utility. 

Utility Changes: We are introducing a foundational change to Yareli’s movement: Merulina Dashing (tap Roll/Dash)! 

This can be executed in any direction and is effectively a new way to close gaps (or quickly retreat!) and alter the direction of Yareli aboard Merulina! This also enhances the way you can traverse vertically with responsive directional input while in the air. We’ve made a handy .gif to demonstrate just what we mean: 

What you see in this .gif is a vertical traversal that’s currently tough to do with Yareli. However,  with the forward dash the momentum movement now allows for directional maneuvering. Then, we see Yareli Dash both Forward AND Back in the .gif, showing how you can certainly take advantage of this new movement tool!

This is a change that’s best experienced in your hands, but it is certainly a huge improvement for navigating all of Warframes tilesets! 

We have also made some changes to general Merulina movement by allowing for shorter jumps, and reducing overall jump charge time.

Yareli Stat Changes:
We’ve made some Stat changes to Yareli’s abilities as well. These are buffs across the board, and details are as follows: 

Sea Snares:
-Increase seek speed by about 60% and slightly increase bubble visibility to better register your casts. 

Aquablades:

RipTide:
Bigger is better. The bigger we Rip, the more enemies, the better scaling, and so on!
-Increase radius by 25%

You can look forward to this in our next update, Tenno! 

Cheers! 

Just a suggestion for Yareli: Can we be able to hold her 4th skill instead of just casting? I think it would be way more useful if we could do that

The best way to make aquablades useful would be to have them scale with your equipped melee.

The problem is, you guys already made aquablades her helminth ability before even finalizing her kit, so you can't do that now.

So, maybe next time you release a new frame, hold off on deciding on its helminth ability until after its kit has received some community feedback?  And also maybe finalize it a bit more before release?  Idk, I'm not a game developer, what do I know?

2 minutes ago, Quantum_Blur said:

The best way to make aquablades useful would be to have them scale with your equipped melee.

The problem is, you guys already made aquablades her helminth ability before even finalizing her kit, so you can't do that now.

So, maybe next time you release a new frame, hold off on deciding on its helminth ability until after its kit has received some community feedback?  And also maybe finalize it a bit more before release?  Idk, I'm not a game developer, what do I know?

The last thing this game needs (besides more underbaked content like Yareli) is more opaque statstick nonsense.  There are ways to make Aquablades not terrible without delving into the very dated territory of statsticks.

• Deal % based damage to enemies in Sea Snares
  • Add damage while on Merulina
  • Add damage while Yareli's passive crit boost is active

It needs help with the scaling, for sure.  And there are ways to do this that don't make it overpowered on Helminth.

....That's it? After 2 months of waiting? There is no synergy between this frame's abilities. Aquablades damage needs some form of scaling and Sea Snares has no useful utility outside of minor crowd control.

And also, please make Merulina MODDABLE. This is the one lack of feature that made me judge this frame to be bad.

I am sorry, you need to buff this frame more before I even consider using it.

So, two things.

One, the buffs presented here are an appreciated step towards making Yareli a better frame. The movement changes to Merulina make it much better suited to indoor maps and close-quarters spaces.

Two, the buffs presented here are not enough to make her a mechanically attractive or desirable frame.

The issue with Yareli isn't simply that she's numerically weak and hard to control, it's largely that her toolkit is unfocused and doesn't work well together, AND that she's difficult to mod because so many of her abilities are barely affected by them.
For instance, Merulina itself is her signature ability, but its damage output and movement stats are completely static. In fact the only aspect of it that can be modded is its health, and even then only via Power Strength rather than collective Health/Armor mods like other barrier effects. The flat amount from Power Strength often pales in comparison to the health pool it gets from initial damage absorbed at higher levels.
Sea Snares and Riptide encourage a caster-heavy playstyle in execution, but nothing in her kit facilitates such a playstyle; in fact, Merulina disables Sentinel abilities like Radar effects and Vacuum, which actively interferes with optimizing enemy grouping and energy collection. This would be less of an issue if Merulina could receive K-Drive mods, specifically the "Juice" mod to fuel such abilities, or if it had some in-built effect related to it.
Aquablades' damage radius is less of an issue compared to the fact that -- repeating the sins of Ember's old Fire Blast before it -- it only damages in a ring-shaped plane around the caster; not only is that more suitable to Warframes who can afford to stand in place to build Bleed stacks (as opposed to the movement-heavy playstyle encouraged by her passive and Merulina), but the fact that Merulina hovers means Aquablades can very easily soar right over the enemies' heads if the ground isn't completely flat or if the caster's performing aerial maneuvers. In fact, increasing the spin radius of the blades is actively detrimental if it doesn't accompany increased hitboxes for them, because enemies inside the circle can dodge them more easily.

So, I have some suggestions to make to provide more synergy and enrichment to her kit. 

1. Have the rotation speed of Aquablades increase relative to the user's current momentum. Yareli should stack Bleed effects more rapidly on enemies by driving by them on Merulina, rather than just by sitting next to someone stuck in a bubble. And if someone wants to put Aquablades on Gauss or Volt, that should be an option.
  2. Have the Aquablades orbit at different elevations around the caster, and allow their HITBOXES to be affected by Power Range, with greater damage closer to their epicenter. They already whip pressurized water in a disc around themselves. While riding Merulina, the axis of their rotation should also shift down to the K-Drive since Yareli is higher off the ground.
  3. When Riptide is active, launch the Aquablades at it to shred snared enemies, AND/OR if Riptide isn't active, have victims of Sea Snares float towards Yareli. This would allow her to pull them into her Aquablades without having to stop moving on Merulina. Personally I favor the former option, as it would give Aquablades and Riptide some synergy. 
  4. Build an innate "Juice" mod into Merulina, and have tricks deal Cold damage based on trick multiplier and Power Strength, in an area affected by Power Range. While I still think it's a waste that the sheer volume of combat-oriented K-Drive mods can't be used on Merulina and are otherwise gathering dust, I can understand wanting to keep the speed mods away after so many changes to keep you from crashing into every wall and ceiling. If Merulina itself is better at combat baseline than a semi-modded K-Drive, it will at least make up the difference. 
    --> 4.5. If Aquablades is active, have these tricks inflict Bleed on nearby enemies.
  5. Critical Flow diminishes upon standing still for 1.5 sec. Self-explanatory.
    AND FINALLY,
  6. If at all possible, allow Yareli to cast one-handed or no-animation Helminth abilities from atop Merulina. I can understand that full-body animations conflict with K-Drive animations and that Yareli's own abilities were specially made for it, but given that something like Shock or Molt is already usable while aim-gliding or on a zipline because it's just one freehand swing or LESS, surely it would be easy to modify, right? You can just give other abilities a "Cannot use while airborne" error.

They wouldn't make her a perfect frame, but literally any increase to her synergy would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

And of course for some augments off the top of my head,

Sea's Embrace - Catching a new target in Sea Snares extends the duration of all active Snares by (1/2/3/4) sec.

Splash Zone - Trick landings on Merulina have a +(3/4/5/6)m radius and change damage type depending on enemy defenses.

• Deals Corrosive damage to Armored enemies and Toxin damage to Shielded enemies. Continues to deal Cold damage to Flesh.
    • Basically, imagine Merulina riding on waves of Acid or Poison instead of just sea water.

Liquid Parazon - Aquablades automatically Mercy kill most eligible enemies, but doing so consumes (12/9/6/3) sec of their remaining duration.

• This has no animation and inherits Parazon mods.
    • This allows Yareli to perform Mercy finishers without dismounting Merulina.
  • Only applies to direct damage from Aquablades, not the Bleed effect.
  • This does not perform Secret or Requiem Mercy.

Maelstrom - Riptide's cyclone lasts while toggled active but consumes (20/18/15/12) energy per second to maintain.

• Cost is affected by Power Duration and Efficiency.

4 часа назад, Fairmoon сказал:

I'm not good at snowboarding/skateboarding games and I'm stuck on page 4 of Waverrider, I am unable to do any of the grinding or anything to get a combo up to 1500 pts and previous pages were only scored by just launching off highest tower in Fortuna and doing tricks on the way down. Yareli looks like a lot of fun but until I either invest in the platinum to buy her I'm unable to complete the Waverider quest

Check the Ventkids in the Fortuna, they have some K-Drive mods that can help you very much with this quest

18 minutes ago, Kaiga said:

If aquablades doesn't scale damage wise, it's not going to be useful.

When will you guys realize that about basically all caster frames. Enemy stats ramp up but not all of our abilities do.

While I agree that's a recurring issue with Caster frames, in Yareli's case I'll raise two points of defense:

1. The ability of Bleed effects to bypass armor makes up for lack of other scaling, since it negates an enemy's primary defense even at extremely high levels, effectively the same as multiplying damage relative to their armor; this is why Finisher damage is so effective. The main flaw is that the mechanics of Yareli's kit don't really facilitate allowing her to stack the Bleed status effectively unless she makes herself a sitting duck.

2. Riptide at the very least does have a partial scaling effect; not every damage skill in a frame's kit needs scaling if the others can facilitate the one that does. That being said, Aquablades... doesn't facilitate or benefit from Riptide in any way.

Excuse me, did DE just remove my comment outlining why these buffs aren't enough? Ok then, lemme restate the shortcomings of these changes, just to show that I'm willing to put more effort into Yareli than the devs that mucking made her.

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Yareli Stat Changes:

Sea Snares:
-Increase seek speed by about 60% and slightly increase bubble visibility to better register your casts. 

Aquablades:

RipTide:
-Increase radius by 25%

General:
-Zero synergies added whatsoever.

Passive:
-No grace period before the buff expires. Stop for a microsecond and its gone, despite it taking 1.5 to activate.

Sea Snares:
-The hard limit of 5 enemies per cast still makes this ability incredibly weak compared to similar CC abilities like Harrow's and Titania's 1. Sea Snares needs to trap enemies within an AoE.

Merulina:
-Why is the Damage Reduction unmoddable? Why does it not have a damage absorption period when cast, like similar abilities have? In its current state, it's an incredibly poor Warding Halo.
-Make this ability accept K-Drive mods already. Not everyone likes the super fast speed in tight corridors, not everyone likes flying three stories with every double jump. Nerf that and let players tune it based on personal preference, through mods.

Aquablades:
-Nice DE, you've just proven that its possibly to adjust Aquablades' range. Now make it accept Range mods instead, and do something about the dead zone.
-The ability already had a duration of 30 seconds, it doesn't need more. What it needs is a purpose besides pure, flat damage, because it's not 2016 anymore.

RipTide Riptide:
Did you know that the "t" in Riptide is not capitalized, according to the html code on Yareli's profile on the Warframe website? DE apparently doesn't.
-Bigger is not always better. Sometimes, longer is better. Give Riptide a duration already so we can actually take advantage of the CC.

Conclusion:
Apart from the roll, these changes addresses exactly zero of Yareli's many issues. Thus, even when these changes go live (we all know it's not gonna be if), Yareli will still be every bit as awful as she currently is. Like, you could literally make a better Yareli out of Helminth abilities: Condemn/Spellbind, Null Star/Eclipse, Elemental Ward/Thermal Sunder, Ensnare/Larva, 

1 hour ago, vegren said:

Dashing on Merulina is great,

Stat buffs is great,

Aqua blade buffs are great,

Range increase on RipTide is exactly what i have been wanting all around i love all of this ... still going to replace sea snares though

That’s exactly what I’m doing   I’m replacing it with dispensery so I have infinite nrg and now that riptide has increase range and aqua blade has increased duration and dmg running a combat discipline is much more viable for a str range yareli build than it was previously now she should have enough cc to actually be decent the only thing I’m adding to her build now is that I’m running natural talent to upkeep the cc on rip tide 

Archived