Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli Movement & Stat Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

Yareli's movements were far from horrible to be honest. You had to relearn the tilesets a little and that bother some dudes.

The main issue is doors. They open to slow or we are to high to pass smoothly. But a dash is a nice addition. 

I'm still a bit disappointed that we can't mod Merulina or use Magus Drive with her, but I did a lot of K-driving so I kinda understand it's not modable. If people -and doors- already struggle with the current speed... However It would be nice if we had a buit-in Bomb the Landin', or a better slam area at least. 

Something that would be nice too is to include tricks into her kit. Maybe certain tricks -like the ones we learn in the quest- could give us certain buffs, slam damage or else scaling with  points (while keeping in mind it's difficult for most to score big in normal tilesets.)

Overall I already like Yareli a lot so, I'm impatient to test it again when I'll be back home.

The new movement looks cool , can't wait to see how much it change things.

The abilities though.

Like a lot of people already said , I don't think it's the problem with stats .

It will help , don't get me wrong , just didn't touch the core problem in my opinion . Problem includes : scaling and synergy.

But I know all resources are being put in The New War right now , so perhaps numbers is the only thing you can adjust , and I think is fine for now .

Like always , I will wait until it's live to test them out , and not giving any actual feedback before that . Maybe it actually just make her amazing , no one can tell.

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Sea Snares:
-Increase seek speed by about 60% and slightly increase bubble visibility to better register your casts. 

yeah but you still need to spend 75 energy base just to get full power of this ability
vauban doesnt need to cast 4 rollers, he just has to hold the ability button down. SO why cant the floppy wet pancake frame do it too?

Yeah uh this ain't if chief. Dash on Merulina is nice but absolutely nothing is done about her lack of synergy. 

Main thing is that her abilities need way better scaling. They should take enemy level in to account more than anything

Have her Snares synergize with all of her abilities. Bonus damage from Aqua Blades and Riptide like many many people have recommended, and I remember someone saying that enemies should be magnetized to you so it works better with being on Merulina all the time. Giving it some armor strip would also be very welcome, and allowing each snare to hold more than one enemy. Like I dunno one snare can hold 3 enemies or something like that. Maybe reduce the maximum amount of snares to 10 if 15 is a but much with that. Let us hold cast it to release all of the snares at once with a bit of extra energy cost, or just tap to throw 5 out real quick.

On Merulina, I'd rather just remove the health and make it energy drain based, and for the love of god just let us mod the damage reduction above 75%. I still feel like paper with Adaptation on. And let us use our other weapons. Locking us to the worst weapons in the game is definitely not helping. Making it moddable would also be nice.

Simple fix to the stupid deadzone with Aqua Blades is to just maybe add another set of 3 in it or have them move in and out. And like other people have suggested, have the rotation speed based on player momentum, encouraging movement and not just sitting next an enemy idling. Also y'know increased slash procs are always nice. Or just have them be affected by melee mods. I think not having them affected by range is understandable though.

With Riptide, giving it a cold stat proc based off of strength kinda like Garuda's 4 that last would be great for cc. Make it gather all enemies caught in snares and keeps them in a giant bubble for the remainder of the durations of the snares after the explosion. That way you can just dive straight in and y'know murder. Also LET US MOVE WHEN WE'RE CASTING IT. Not allowing us to move when casting goes against her supposedly being very mobile.

Sincerely, someone who very much loves Yareli's concept and just wants to be able to play her in end game content

14 hours ago, Taiepii said:

Seeing you guy working to give some change is nice. 

But honestly, that still not enough to make the frame interesting.

Exactly. These adjustments feel like the devs see Yareli as slightly behind and needing minor tweaks. I guess not every frame needs to be Saryn or Mesa strong, but Yareli isn't even in the ballpark.

IMO these changes don't even seem to focus on the big issues Yareli faces.

1) Movement on Merulina: Last I checked she still slams into doorways and comes to a complete stop for a moment. Also, bouncing off of things is kinda cute at first, but it gets to be frustrating quickly.

2) Meaningful ability changes: Aquablades with 50% more damage will still have trouble dealing with even mid-level enemies much less steel path. Sea Snares needs number of targets scaling (snare movement speed will actually be a nice change, too, though). Riptide is also fairly weak, and spitting enemies in all directions is rarely desirable.

Nice Buffs! 

I still think her aquablades still feel .... clunky/weird sometimes. its just so annoying finding the sweetspot to actually hit enemies for a longer period (more than 2 hits)

A possible solution is to

(a) widen the actual hit zone or

(b) deal damage if enemies are inside the blades but maybe just 70% of the blades "outer edge" or

(c) which is my favourite which is unrealistic to ever happen :( is to make the blades usable as "melee weapon": nothing crazy, just a simple "when pressing E the blade in the front shoots out and returnes in a cone-like manner"

Aquablades still wont be useful. It has extremely poor damage and just increasing the range on it and slapping on a bit more damage wont help it. The part that makes Aquablades an extra horrible skill is because it has an effective deadzone, anything within that area will not get hit.

What Aquablades need is a damage field that stretches from frame and outwards, hitting everything within the range of the skill and not just things effectively hit by the blade "entity". Think Yondu's arrow from Marvel, have the blades track and hit everything within the area. You can also add more "orbits" to the skill, that further increases the more range you stack, which is also something you need to add to the skill, interaction with the range stat.

The current proposed +25% range on the skill just means a bigger deadzone where nothing takes damage. We'll still be stuck to having to keep the enemy perfectly in the blade orbit to get any use out of the skill at all. With the movement changes to Merulina I guess Aquablades will be the new skill to replace with helminth.

Overall Yareli needs alot more than these changes to be worth using.

She needs a lot more than this for example you need to have the choice on whether you want the enemies to rag-dolled or not on the 4th ability.

Here is what I suggest for improvements.

Yareli

Passive improvement:

When you stop move you have 2 seconds before the buff disappears.

1st ability:

·       Visually, the enemy is caught inside the bubble.

·       It does true damage.

·       If enemies walk within 15m of the bubbles (which can be increased by duration mods) it will seek out the enemies.

·       The bubble will pop and enemies within a 7m radius will receive a cold proc either when you kill the enemy or when the duration runs out.

2nd ability:

·       Pressing the ability will make her ride it while holding the ability will summon it to seek out and attack enemies dealing slash damage and leaving an icy trail that procs cold status affects when enemies walk onto it.

·       You can use any weapon while on in, if you use a melee weapon it will increase the attack range by 10m.

·       Remove the damage reduction from it.

3rd ability:

·       This now has damage reduction, enemies` focus is more on the ring than on Yareli.

·       The more enemies shoot you the more the damage is increased.

·       (Synergy) It can push the bubbles if they are not on an enemy, if an enemy is targeted it will deal double damage.

4th ability:

·       Pressing the ability will not shoot them out but instead hold them inside.

·       Pressing the ability again will deactivate it by shooting them out.

·       This does true damage.

Despite this imo she needs a rework, her 2nd and 4th ability need to be replaced with a completely new abilities.

5 hours ago, krrysis. said:

Its the same reason why titania isn't a full blown archwing sized in her ultimate.

Actually, that was entirely a technical limitation.  When they introduced archwings the only way the could make the maps big enough was to shrink the characters x4.  That's why in archwing levels the background pipes are so big and items are huge. 

When they made it a warframe ability the shrinking was included by default.

They fixed that when they did the PoE, but that is the actual reason for the shrink.

I like how Yareli was "marketed" as the waverider / surfer frame, yet her surfing ability does NOTHING in conjunction with her other abilities. No synergy, no changes. You'd expect something like "While riding Merulina, the aquablades spin twice as fast, with twice the radius, and with extra blades on the inside circle" , or "While riding Merulina, enemies that strike Yareli will periodically cause Sea Snares to spawn from Yareli and trap them". 75% DR is close to nothing, even when paired with adaptation. In order for Yareli to survive at higher levels, she needs to stack almost every hp and armor mod there is, on top of adaptation. All of this, assuming she is on Merulina of course (which for some reason is not moddable but w/e).
If anything, at least make it so that Yareli gives herself and her allies buffs when she completes a trick chain, or even share her passive with them. Her abilities are already nothing to write home about, and her signature ability is only a detriment in regular missions, where movement is crucial.
Final note: She is the "waverider" yet none of her abilities summon a wave or something. You'd expect her 4 to summon a tsunami to knock down / knock back and damage enemies, yet all it does is create a pissy little whirpool that does pitiful damage.
You could make her 4 like this:
- Player presses 4 (requirement: Yareli is riding Merulina)
- If Yareli is on the ground
      Yareli jumps up, then slams down with Merulina to create a huge radial tsunami that damages and pushes enemies back
- If Yareli is in the air
      Yareli does a little pirouette and slams down creating aforementioned tsunami
- The player could also choose to tap or hold 4 in case they want a fast small wave, or a slower, but more powerful wave

I honestly really want to play Yareli, and right now Im just playing other games untill you fix her.. but these buffs are not enough to make her be in a god place, the merulina movement buff is pretty nice.. but she needs much more than this.. Seems like I wont be playing for a while.

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We have also made some changes to general Merulina movement by allowing for shorter jumps, and reducing overall jump charge time.

Love this the most, one of my complaints was the jump height being too high making it easy to miss short ledges.
Overall some nice changes, can't wait to try them out

PS. please remember to fix vacuum/fetch not working while on merulina https://imgur.com/IDXtnpj

Thanks

I already suspected that someone, who was testing Yareli quite briefly, was using the Orokin Tileset, as it was quite possible to dash through every gate (regular warframe-sized ones and others big enough to fit in Lotus' badongadong through it.

If this still hasn't changed, then either start using Yareli on other faction based tilesets or simply watch any complain-video on youtube about Yareli.

Oh, also get rid of that typical K-Drive momentum. It is clumsy and clunky to use indoors. And if we have some open areas, archwings and/or operator dashes are way more effective for that regard.

18 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Aquablades:
-Increase range by just about 25%
-Increase damage and duration by 50%

0 damage times whatever modifier you're going to multiply the damage by is still 0. The entire ability needs to be changed so that is actually does something against the infinite scaling of this game.

Wow thanks this is genuinely useless. How will this affect her poor scaling. Sea snares breaking on walls and juts being a useless cc. Aqua glades having little to no scaling and riptide with awful scaling.

please explain how these buff are going to make a difference and make her useable in high level content 

Archived