Jump to content
  • 0

Good CO alternatives to kuva nukor?


DinosaurPepito
 Share

Question

12 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

First I'm just going to say that CO priming is inherently problematic unless you're using a few very specific weapons.

Mutalist Cernos
Cedo

Kuva Nukor
Tenet Cycron

These are the ones off the top of my head that I'd recommend if you're dead set on priming for CO.

 

Edited by Leqesai
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

Nothing will get close - you're looking at a high fire rate, that hits 3 enemies at once with a high 50% status chance, To beat that you need AoE and a base status that can be modded get past 100%

eg. the Kuva Twin Stubbas - same fire rate, 31% status, but they'll only hit 1 enemy, so already a third of the proccing you'd expect at best.

You could do a Kuva Ogris high 47% status, can spread procs to a very wide area, 3 shots per mag in quick succession to increase the number of them, but you're trading lots of status on 3 enemies for 3 to 6 status (times 3 shots)(times 2 for mutishot) on a lot of enemies. The ones that survive, that is. (Don;t use the Bramma, its crit-based, the Ogris is status)

There is the Akarius - 28% status chance and the rocket explode in a 7m radius, burst trigger and a RoF of 4 so a potential compromise between the two.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
25 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

Nothing will get close - you're looking at a high fire rate, that hits 3 enemies at once with a high 50% status chance, To beat that you need AoE and a base status that can be modded get past 100%

eg. the Kuva Twin Stubbas - same fire rate, 31% status, but they'll only hit 1 enemy, so already a third of the proccing you'd expect at best.

You could do a Kuva Ogris high 47% status, can spread procs to a very wide area, 3 shots per mag in quick succession to increase the number of them, but you're trading lots of status on 3 enemies for 3 to 6 status (times 3 shots)(times 2 for mutishot) on a lot of enemies. The ones that survive, that is. (Don;t use the Bramma, its crit-based, the Ogris is status)

There is the Akarius - 28% status chance and the rocket explode in a 7m radius, burst trigger and a RoF of 4 so a potential compromise between the two.

 

The Cedo will apply status very effectively. It can bounce up to 11 times and can be modded for over 100% status chance. It can also use the primed +explosion range mod as far as I'm aware which would mean its explosion regularly overlaps. 

I'm not saying it is better than the nukor but it is definitely the top shelf when it comes to primary options IMO.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
21 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

The Cedo will apply status very effectively. It can bounce up to 11 times and can be modded for over 100% status chance. It can also use the primed +explosion range mod as far as I'm aware which would mean its explosion regularly overlaps. 

Also, Galvanized Multishot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

If you don't mind binding Fire Weapon to your scroll wheel (and using Primed Sure Footed), then I'd honestly recommend giving Epitaph another go. My biggest issue with this weapon was how slowly it fires, but binding it to the scroll wheel means that you'll actually be able to launch the explosions as quickly as described in the stat window.

It sadly doesn't come close to the sheer number of procs that the Kuva Nukor can dish out (where spraying an enemy for like 0.00001s instantly gives 10+ procs on all elements), but it makes up for this with sheer ease of use. Shooting it in the general direction of a crowd will affect everything, without ever having to waste time aiming, and with free guaranteed Cold procs as a bonus. The ease of use is even more valuable now that Kuva Nukor only affect 3 enemies at a time (punchthrough aside).

Strongly recommend.

Edited by SortaRandom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

If you don't mind binding Fire Weapon to your scroll wheel (and using Primed Sure Footed), then I'd honestly recommend giving Epitaph another go. My biggest issue with this weapon was how slowly it fires, but binding it to the scroll wheel means that you'll actually be able to launch the explosions as quickly as described in the stat window.

It sadly doesn't come close to the sheer number of procs that the Kuva Nukor can dish out (where spraying an enemy for like 0.00001s instantly gives 10+ procs on all elements), but it makes up for this with sheer ease of use. Shooting it in the general direction of a crowd will affect everything, without ever having to waste time aiming, and with free guaranteed Cold procs as a bonus. The ease of use is even more valuable now that Kuva Nukor only affect 3 enemies at a time (punchthrough aside).

Strongly recommend.

Really interesting, what you said about epitaph for applying status. I think i will have to give this a try.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

The regular old Cycron is actually good for this. You can get 5 statuses, it has innate punch through, and it reloads automatically while you’re attacking with melee. I’ve been using the Cycron for CO priming literally since it was first released. It’s better than the Tenet Cycron for CO priming since you can get more status effects from it. And it doesn’t matter that the beam doesn’t chain - just put fire rate and punch through mods on it and everything will have all 5 statuses if you just sweep the beam across a room. 
 

My other main primer is Mutalist Cernos, which also doesn’t interrupt your flow with reloads. You don’t even need to fire the bow at full charge, you can just click on an enemy and boom, status applied. Thanks to the cloud you can get some extra status effects, and proc on surrounding enemies.

But really, the Kuva Nukor will beat both of these. I never use it myself because I hate the look and sound. But it’s obviously best because you can get up to 6 status effects. And it will also reload automatically if you just add Eject Magazine - there is plenty of space for it on a priming build. But like I said, I hate it so I use the regular Cycron or the Mutalist Cernos.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

You don't need to close in kuva nukor..

what matter is how the weapons work...and the modding is avoid huge diminish return

Look for high status pistol to put galvanized status mod

there is nothing can beat kuva nukor, the alternative is high status pistol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...