Are Prime Weapons still Worth Having?

(XBOX)BigPandaNRG 622

Question

Keeping it as short as possible I'm a fairly newish player, MR 14, only returning for large updates, and well I've been gone 3 years and I had some fun with all the new content on my return... that being said upon my return, I was introduced to kuva and tenet weapons through lich/sister hunting. Ever since I've gotten my hands on the Tenet Arca Plasmor, Kuva Nukor, And mid grind for the very powerful Kuva Zarr, I've found my prime weapons (including some S tier Primes) don't even come close to stacking up against them. Just curious to see if anyone has any primes that can compete (because God damn these weapons are good but I love those golden, sexy primes)

6 answers to this question

There's plenty of primes that are worth using, most of them being melees, but plenty of guns can work so long as you're willing to actually mod them properly.
Most people's loadouts (in my experience anyway) will consist of kuva/tenet primary, kuva/tenet secondary, prime melee.

Here's my list of good prime melees: Nikana/Orthos/Reaper/Guandao/Gram/Kronen/Glaive/Pangolin/Nami Skyla/Tekko primes

• Like 1

If those Kuva weapons will ever be rebalanced, sure.

And considering DE loves to reset your progress by making certain items worthless over time by over-nerfing, there's always a chance they might become the better options, the meta always changes.

Although none of my top 5 ranged are prime weapons, my top 3 melee are primes. So imho some of them are still really good.

personally i just keep them for the sake of collecting them, and with how DE balance things, you just never know.

Edited by Soy77
typo

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

Although none of my top 5 ranged are prime weapons, my top 3 melee are primes. So imho some of them are still really good.

personally i just keep them for sale of collecting them, and with how DE balance things, you just never know.

You inspired me to look at my list.

Primary - the highest ranked Prime is at #6. Next is down in the mass of "However long it took to get it to 30"

Secondary - Nothing rises much beyond the get to 30 and set it aside category.

Melee - #1 and #2, with the next not showing up until 13. Most are, like primary/secondary, down in the get to 30 and ignore zone.

I too hold onto all of them. You never know what will change with either DE or my own mood/preferences,

• Like 1