Why Corpus Crewship on Hangar Scene bigger than the actual one in railjack missions?

ThompFox15

The sizes of bases and ships are not exactly to scale. This has been observed since day 1.

You can check the size of the Railjack in the Drydock and in space and note that the ship shrinks.

You can put a Warframe beside the ship in a Grineer Hangar and it will be larger than the ones outside when you are in Archwing, which show that you can have a humanoid being inside... unlike the ones outside.

The Capital Ship themselves are also smaller when you take old concept arts

oGGuGyh.png

The Obelisk being a 3x Bigger than the Stachion and the Stachion being 4x bigger than the Pillar.

But they are all same-y size in missions.

I can only conclude that its a limitation imposed because of performance, but we cant be sure without having someone from DE telling us why.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Kaotyke said:

The sizes of bases and ships are not exactly to scale. This has been observed since day 1.

You can check the size of the Railjack in the Drydock and in space and note that the ship shrinks.

You can put a Warframe beside the ship in a Grineer Hangar and it will be larger than the ones outside when you are in Archwing, which show that you can have a humanoid being inside... unlike the ones outside.

The Capital Ship themselves are also smaller when you take old concept arts

oGGuGyh.png

The Obelisk being a 3x Bigger than the Stachion and the Stachion being 4x bigger than the Pillar.

But they are all same-y size in missions.

I can only conclude that its a limitation imposed because of performance, but we cant be sure without having someone from DE telling us why.

Thank you for your explanation.  Also is there railjack mission where we go to Obelisk Ship? I always play in Stachion.

5 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

It's just that your player model in space is larger than expected. If you measure the ship using waypoints the size do match. If you watch the boarding animation closely you can see the player model "Shrink".

Yeah, I noticed that and the inside is bigger than the outside xD

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ThompFox15 said:

Thank you for your explanation.  Also is there railjack mission where we go to Obelisk Ship? I always play in Stachion.

The ship you encounter corresponds to the one seen on the Solar map. Obelisks can be found at Sovereign Grasp (Neptune), Profit Margin and Peregrine Axis (Pluto), as well as Erato, Arc Silver, Lu-Yan and Sabmir Cloud (Veil).

Notably, the Obelisk's primary armament is a beam cannon mounted on top of the ship, as opposed to the torpedoes used by Stanchions and Pillars.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

would be nice if we got a proper sized corpus ship, but there may be performance limitations: maybe not on PC or console, but now we have Switch and mobile. it's impressive that Railjack works as well as it does now honestly, considering the travesty it was at launch.

Yes, I like to see a proper size in actual mission. The ships are shrink even our railjack lol. I wonder if they make it to actual size and make it test server.

18 minutes ago, Corvid said:

The ship you encounter corresponds to the one seen on the Solar map. Obelisks can be found at Sovereign Grasp (Neptune), Profit Margin and Peregrine Axis (Pluto), as well as Erato, Arc Silver, Lu-Yan and Sabmir Cloud (Veil).

Notably, the Obelisk's primary armament is a beam cannon mounted on top of the ship, as opposed to the torpedoes used by Stanchions and Pillars.

So, Obelisk artillery is beam cannon? Wow