MR 29 Still Suffering From My MR 5 Mistake

(PSN)Brandito9215

Question

Back when I first started playing Warframe, I rarely had platinum, and I didn't want to spend money for it, just to buy weapon slots to carry weapons I was never going to use. So, after like a month of it just sitting there, to make room for another weapon to rank up, I sold my Broken War...for like 7,500 credits. 

DON'T DO THIS!

Because here I am 24 Mastery Ranks later, and I'm still waiting on Shadow Stalker or a random sentinel to drop the blueprint. Broken War's blueprint is not tradeable, and the weapon is a requirement for the weapon "War" later on down the road. And the only other way to get War is to pay 516 platinum as part of a bundle. 

There is no head's up, or caution given by the game to not sell Broken War. So, if you're a newish player and you don't ever use Broken War, spend 12 platinum on two extra weapon slots, and save yourself 504 platinum or an endgame lengthy headache. 

This might possibly be the worst mistake you can make while playing Warframe. 

So, just a friendly P.S.A. for all you short tempered Tenno out there!

• Like 4

24 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, (PSN)Brandito9215 said:

So, if you're a newish player and you don't ever use Broken War, spend 12 platinum on two extra weapon slots,

BTW with quest weapons like Broken War and Broken Scepter, even though the weapons get their own free slot, you do not keep the slot when you sell it. Only the aniversary weapons do that (Dex Furis, Dex Dakra, etc).

I know because I also sold my Broken War on my PS4 game 😿

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

BTW with quest weapons like Broken War and Broken Scepter, even though the weapons get their own free slot, you do not keep the slot when you sell it. Only the aniversary weapons do that (Dex Furis, Dex Dakra, etc).

I've never heard of that happening to anyone else. AFAIK a slot is a slot, whether it comes from a quest reward or purchased with plat.

• Like 1

I do mildly regret using my Broken War to build War, as it ended up being a waste of a catalyst to later build another Broken War.  Also War wasn't nearly as good the Galatine I was hoping it would replace ^^;

It took me years to eventually get the pieces for a new Broken War (to be clear, I wasn't farming it).  It's been sitting completed in my Foundry for a few months now since I never use normal swords XD

• Like 1

yeah it's one of the biggest mistake a rookie tenno could do. and sadly, one of the most common.
ironically -or thankfully, being such a high profile "whoopsie", more and more rookies hears about it now and manages to evade it.

gentle reminder: have you make sure that you always have email from bosses?
it's troublesome but sparing 2 minutes to kill phorid after every stalker encounters will greatly increase your chances. as opposed to just hoping for the best when you happen to encounter stalker in pubs that's probably not even yours.

5 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

so the slot will just gone with the weapon?? that's news for me.

also probably the last thing OP would want to hear 😶

Hi all. I did all the quest and got broken war, Then stupidly built war?!?, no one told me about not getting the BP for broken war later. So for 2 + years, did beacon, bosses trying to get broken war back. Finally dropped the broken war BP after so long, built it quick and  also got war BP.  baro kITERR only has blade and hilt not BP fro broken war. I think there is a package in market the you can buy war.

PS slots are low plat item.

Edited by o1517

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Such as?

Not challenging, just curious. so i can evade those mistakes.

I have no idea.... No idea... The worst one I made was Selling Odanata early.

Some would Argue that selling all your Non-Prime Frames when you have the Prime Variant was a Mistake when Helminth Got Added..... It seems like it's not a big deal at first... But then you get PTSD Flash Backs of the Harrow and Ash Farms 😱 !!!

• Like 1

On 2021-08-20 at 11:37 AM, LillyRaccune said:

Nope, incorrect.

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Nope, incorrect.

the info is much appreciated.

however, when contradicting others like this, it would be better if you include supporting information. so readers won't be left with just "you're wrong, i'm right. your words against mine"
or at the very least description of the event that led you to believe it, will backup the solidity of your information (FOR EXAMPLE: you must be mistaken. i've sold my broken war as well, and i'm 100% sure the slot stays because i immediately used it to claim other weapon)

cheers, mate.

Edited by Soy77
figured it would be more helpful if i make some words clearer

1 hour ago, Soy77 said:

the info is much appreciated.

however, when contradicting others like this, it would be better if you include supporting information. so readers won't be left with just "you're wrong, i'm right. your words against mine"
or at the very least description of the event that led you to believe it, will backup the solidity of your information (ex: you must be mistaken. i've sold my broken war as well, and i'm 100% sure the slot stays because i immediately used it to claim other weapon)

cheers, mate.

Except I can't say that I sold Broken War because I held on to mine. Even waited to get a Broken War BP to make War. I just don't get why people would think you would lose a slot that is essentially gifted to you by DE. All weapons that are awarded to you by either quests or alerts, the slots are permanent. If they weren't, players would've rioted a long time ago when DE introduced the first "gifted" weapon.

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

Misspending your focus points. Can't unring that bell, no matter how many login rewards you get.

you're right, some operator skills are better turned off. which reminds me of rj intrinsic. some skills are considered to be direct downgrade.

nice catch, mate.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Guess I should've more said, can people not count their slots before and after they sell a weapon?

thanks for elaborating your reply. that's all i was curious about.

• Like 1

The parts of the broken war are much, much more harder to get than the BP (or maybe I'm just lucky with the RNG, having had several blueprints for ages). The Stalker will drop by every now and then, whether you wanted it or not.

OTOH, so far I have had no reason to go farming for it's parts, as it seems I have no other business wherever the Conculysts, Ortholysts, Summulysts and Aerolysts are. And even if there was - the drop rate of the parts is ridiculously low. You need to kill the Stalker only ~246 times to have a nearly guaranteed BP drop, but for the *ysts you need 1,516 kills to be guaranteed to get both parts, and the latter ones are much, much rarer than Stalker (unless one goes specifically looking for them).

But just today, I noticed the parts are available at Cephalon Simaris? Was this added in some update?

A few tip for newbies:

1. Before selling any weapon you don't like, check the weapon's wiki page. Things to look out are 1) it's ingredients and 2) if it is usable for crafting requirements for other weapons. For MR, that link is really useful - for every ingredient weapon you might want to level up (a non-potatoed one) to use as ingredients, and save on slots per n:o mastered weapons!

2. If a weapon is easy to rebuild if need arises (and especially if it sucks in other peoples opinions) - then sell it. But remember, that slots are actually quite cheap. If you don't want to shell out real money, farm some Prime parts and sell them for plat.