Jump to content

What to do with extra hounds: send them to hunt Tenet weapons / ephemera


motorfirebox
 Share

Recommended Posts

If you've farmed Sisters very long at all, you've ended up with truckloads of extra hounds you don't want or need. You can sell them for a pittance of credits, or you can level them each up to 30 and trade them in for rep.

Or, consider this: you could use them for hunting wabbitsliches. Want a Tenet Arca Plasmor? Take one of your spare hounds, give it the "scent", and send it on a hunting trip. The next Sister Candidate you hunt down will have a 5% increased chance to be armed with a Tenet Arca Plasmor. This bonus will persist until you actually spawn a Sister that has a Tenet Arca Plasmor.

If 5% isn't enough, send more hounds. Each additional hound adds another +5% chance.

How to give your hound the scent of the weapon/ephemera you're after? Feed it kuva. Selecting a hound for hunting costs 1k kuva. Ideally you could do this straight from the foundry, but more than likely you'd have to actually claim the hound, add it to your inventory, and then select it for hunting through an option in the pet interface. When you first select a hound for hunting, it will have the scent of the weapon its progenitor was armed with. So if you have a Sister with a Tenet Cycron, the hound you get will have the scent of the Tenet Cycron if you select it for hunting. Once the hound is selected for hunting, you can either send it on its way (pet is removed from your inventory, and you get +5% chance for a Cycron), or you can feed it another 1k kuva to "reroll" the hound's scent to another random Tenet weapon (80% chance) or a random Tenet ephemera (20% chance).

 

Basically, it's a way to reduce Tenet grind along the same lines as recent event reward structures, where you have a chance to randomly get desired items through gameplay, while also gaining some kind of token that can be spent to buy the items outright. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

I haven't even looked into how to get a Sister... at least I know the hounds seem to have a use other than MR. where do you trade them for reputation?

they work like kit weapons need to glide them name and yu can trade them on fortuna or deimos

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

If you've farmed Sisters very long at all, you've ended up with truckloads of extra hounds you don't want or need

🤣 *checks foundry* 

I have five, and no free pet slots.

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

Want a Tenet Arca Plasmor? Take one of your spare hounds, give it the "scent", and send it on a hunting trip. The next Sister Candidate you hunt down will have a 5% increased chance to be armed with a Tenet Arca Plasmor

I love this idea.

DE absolutely won't do it, but it's really good.

I would also settle for:

- Sell excess hounds for Endo (like RJ chaff)

- Sell excess hounds for Kuva.

- Sell excess hounds for Murmers on the next Sister.

- Or mash together hounds for a small buff (like Vulpaphyla/Predasite breeding).

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Afaik Sisters drop 1 random Hound part.  Coz i killed one and got bracket.  

With 5 % per hound....its not worth it. 

 

Even with 100% i prolly would not bother with this.    RNG part drops.... Extra inventory slot for "weapon hound"....    I Still have to repeatedly "retry" Candidates for desired weapons until I get a Hound to send..... 

 

That RNG weapon thing simply must go.  Just let us imprint desired weapon into Candidate through Parazon.  Maybe with a special one time use mod that can be bought for Rep.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Afaik Sisters drop 1 random Hound part.  Coz i killed one and got bracket.  

The way it works, you are incentivized to confront your sister's final battle in a public lobby.  All the sisters will be fought in succession and each hound part drop is shared with all players. You get more parts per run this way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

Afaik Sisters drop 1 random Hound part.  Coz i killed one and got bracket.  

With 5 % per hound....its not worth it. 

All sisters give a hound part on kill. Yours gives you her built hound ontop of her weapon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, motorfirebox said:

They drop one random part AND a fully-built hound.

Doesn't change much really.

Still only 5% increase per sister, and if you want a specific weapon, you will still rerun your first Candidates for it (until you get any noticeable Chance increase). 

 

Bear in mind that even with 40% increase it might take lots of Candidate reruns.   

And what about Liches?  These also have plenty of weapons...

I still think it should be more like Oull mod.  You get a parazon Weapon Imprint after several kills, and just use it to get whatever you want. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

Doesn't change much really.

Still only 5% increase per sister, and if you want a specific weapon, you will still rerun your first Candidates for it (until you get any noticeable Chance increase). 

 

Bear in mind that even with 40% increase it might take lots of Candidate reruns.   

And what about Liches?  These also have plenty of weapons...

I still think it should be more like Oull mod.  You get a parazon Weapon Imprint after several kills, and just use it to get whatever you want. 

With a 40% increase, you'd have a 52.5% chance of getting the weapon you want, compared to the 12.5% chance you have normally.

It's apparent that DE wants there to be some grinding involved in getting the weapon you want. A cumulative 5% increase respects that while also giving players a visible form of advancement, rather than starting over at 0 every time they seek out a candidate. This isn't intended to change anything for people who get lucky, and it won't change much for people with average luck. But it will change everything for people who don't get the weapon they want 62 times in a row and counting. That's all this is intended to do—give the grind a concrete end that can be worked towards, rather than being infinitely open-ended.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, motorfirebox said:

But it will change everything for people who don't get the weapon they want 62 times in a row and counting.

It will change nothing for them.  Because they need Hounds to bump that %.

Why do you think they were rolling 62 times?  Because they do not want random weapon Sister.  That means, they didn't kill that many Sisters to have lots of Hounds.  And that means they can't benefit from your system, and rerolling candidates is still the best option for them.

Also, you said it will reset back to normal after you get a Weapon you wanted, right?  So they will have to start grinding Hounds all over again to get that % back up......

Pretty sure this will take MUCH longer than just rerolling, as you will need to kill as many sisters as you can to get those Hounds.

 

Basically, what you suggest only works for those, who have stacks of Hounds in their foundry.  Not many have em, and it will frustrate those who sold em too.

 

 Just pointing out flaws. 

Edited by Kainosh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kainosh said:

It will change nothing for them.  Because they need Hounds to bump that %.

Why do you think they were rolling 62 times?  Because they do not want random weapon Sister.  That means, they didn't kill that many Sisters to have lots of Hounds.  And that means they can't benefit from your system, and rerolling candidates is still the best option for them.

Also, you said it will reset back to normal after you get a Weapon you wanted, right?  So they will have to start grinding Hounds all over again to get that % back up......

Pretty sure this will take MUCH longer than just rerolling, as you will need to kill as many sisters as you can to get those Hounds.

 

Basically, what you suggest only works for those, who have stacks of Hounds in their foundry.  Not many have em, and it will frustrate those who sold em too.

 

 Just pointing out flaws. 

It will probably be frustrating to those who sold them, but DE is pretty good about making sure they settle up any potential buyer's remorse whenever there are major changes.

It will take longer than rerolling if you focus on one weapon to the exclusion of all others, but that's the case with just about everything in Warframe. If you go along grabbing weapons you don't have, it will speed up the process of getting ones you eventually want. It will also greatly speed up ephemera grinding, since you have to spawn the Sister to see if she has one.

Mostly it's just something to do with extra hounds besides selling them for credits or grinding them to 30 over and over.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sister's just shouldn't give you the Completed Hounds to begin with.

it makes the individual part drops and crafting aspect redundant.

-yes crafting gives you more control over the cosmetic aspects... but as far as mastery points and unlocking the Precepts, having completed hounds from each sister already covers that.

 

-Stop giving us completed copies of each sister's hound; instead move the focus onto the custom hound crafting.

this also addresses the problem of the 40 unwanted hounds in my foundry....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...