Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So what are we getting between now and new war?

I don't know if I'm just reading too much into it, but it seems like DE is following a roughly monthly release cycle of:

New Prime Warframe - New Vanilla Warframe - New Unvaulting

... so we get one each per quarter.  Since we got the Unvaulting of Rhino and Nyx earlier this month, I'm guessing we will get Nidus Prime sometime early-mid September, Caliban (whose design really fits The New War -- I'm just sayin') around mid-late October.  But of course delays could happen and I'm pretty sure no one promised any schedule, so...  Here's hopin'!

3 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Willy Wonka Reaction GIF

just Yareli buffs, some changes to holokeys (that don't solve jack squat IMO, they are still a non-guaranteed reward) and Nidus Prime, the only thing actually worth waiting for.

this is Caliban: he's themed around sentients (not eidolons, OG sentients): he even has Sentient adaptation as his passive. and no, I have no idea what that weapon is meant to be, looks like it was drawn under the influence.

Reddit - Dive into anything

I had completely missed that Caliban would be a walking talking Adaptation totem. Didnt DE say something about the weapon being a scythe or something that folds out in combat? Though they did pull a massive Michael Bay with the concept art, cos just like with Transformers I go "what am I actually looking at?". 

Increase affinity gains all around for new players trying to catch up to all you veteran players! Dang I’d love to max out my frames and have solid builds before New War! I want to play with friends and clan mates! 

but besides the Warframe leveling grind, MR rank ups would kinda be nice… again I really want to play with friends and clan mates for this new DLC! The grind is killing me!

On 2021-08-21 at 12:51 AM, vanaukas said:

Probably Nidus prime plus the changes on yareli and holokeys, maaaaaaaaaaybe plague star and the usual ghouls and thermia.

Damn, right on the spot:

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We are back for Devstreams! TennoCon is just over a month behind us, and it’s time to hop online and talk Warframe on our next Devstream on August 27th @ 2pm ET. Let’s talk TennoCon, and much more…. Including all the details on Plague Star’s return, plus a new Weapon coming with it ;). 

(...)
Join us on twitch.tv/warframe and earn an Umbra Forma Blueprint for watching! 

See you Friday, August 27 @ 2:00 PM, Tenno!

The game's formula is to always put new weapons....nothing has changed in these 8 years. I think they should rethink the game...The age has arrived and it's necessary to change things before it's too late. Innovation and creativity are lacking in warframe...

A repeat of the last Nightwave, which is already happening. 

That's about it. Don't expect much in between. If we get anything it will probably be small, shiny object that will be very fleeting in terms of gameplay time and satisfaction. 

If it drags out waiting for the big update maybe they'll throw us a bone with another Plague Star with the promised Ghoul Saw included(if its even working then). Apart from that I cannot imagine anything of any real note. 

On 2021-08-21 at 10:48 AM, MqToasty said:

I don't know if I'm just reading too much into it, but it seems like DE is following a roughly monthly release cycle of:

New Prime Warframe - New Vanilla Warframe - New Unvaulting

... so we get one each per quarter.  Since we got the Unvaulting of Rhino and Nyx earlier this month, I'm guessing we will get Nidus Prime sometime early-mid September, Caliban (whose design really fits The New War -- I'm just sayin') around mid-late October.  But of course delays could happen and I'm pretty sure no one promised any schedule, so...  Here's hopin'!

I don't think Caliban is coming in October. He's a quest reward for The New War, and DE tend to make a dedicated devstream to highlight the frame's abilities roughly a month and a half before the intended release so they can gather feedback. DE made no mention of Caliban being the focus of August's devstream, which means his abilities may not be shown until September even if the model is shown this Friday. From there, taking the month-and-a-half average, it means he would skip October and drop by November alongside the quest, if not December.

Beyond DE working on TNW and cross-play/save, having to pretty much re-do Yareli is likely affecting timelines. Time spent on her is time they could spend somewhere else.

1 hour ago, Vaml77 said:

The game's formula is to always put new weapons....nothing has changed in these 8 years.

Er... are you from an alternate timeline or something? Because this does not describe Warframe's development in the slightest.

On 2021-08-20 at 8:57 PM, (XBOX)The Neko Otaku said:

Kinda don't want a content drought like before war within again so im hoping we'll get some small bits of things to tide us over. Im hoping at least more tenet weapons and something to help getting canidates/larvlings to spawn with the thing you want instead of spinning the wheel for an hour

I hope they have no fillers. Just let them focus on new war.

Archived