Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Lore, Sacrifice Spoilers] Player and the Warframe, Tenno

Derbon_

Hello frens,

I don't see the Operator as representative of myself in the game.  Always felt more connected to the body in the Warframe.  In my headcanon for how I immerse myself into the game, the Warframe I'm playing is my vehicle into the world and the Operator is some sickly kid I'm supposed to protecc. 

What about you guys? Do you feel more connected to your favorite Warframe and its innate 'personality', or the Operator? 

Personally I hope they explore the Warframes more and that we see some burgeoning awareness emerging out the Warframes.  If the Operator truly helps even out the madness and frenzy of the mind transformed by the Infested strain, seems like that gives room for their sentience to return.  I wanna explore that more than I wanna know about the Tenno.

If they are sentient, I hope it's a gestalt consciousness housed in the Helminth (by nature of the strains used to make/maintain the Warframes), rather than any sentience trapped in the Warframes that we fridge and "mind control".

I do have a favorite Warframe, but atm the "living conditions" are worse than that of a slave, so I really hope it's not conscious.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-08-28 at 12:56 AM, A-Midnight-Shanking said:

If they are sentient, I hope it's a gestalt consciousness housed in the Helminth (by nature of the strains used to make/maintain the Warframes), rather than any sentience trapped in the Warframes that we fridge and "mind control".

I do have a favorite Warframe, but atm the "living conditions" are worse than that of a slave, so I really hope it's not conscious.

they probably are lobotomized in some way. They likely aren't as aware as a normal person... at the same time our Warframe in the Second Dream acted of its own accord and killed the Stalker so maybe they are more consious then we realize.

As for the whole "gestalt consciousness" i'm pretty sure after a long time of not being connected to a Tenno the warframe acts like any other infested. Probably connected to the entire infested hive mind, not just the helmith. The Warframe Spectres you see in the junctions would be examples of that. I got a voice line from the Lotus "That is not a Tenno, its a warframe puppeted by infested flesh." so the infestation likely can directly control warframes... 

Protea in the Deadlock Protocool is another example, she's just a spectre but the infestation inside seems to have some level of intelligence, since its still serving Parvos Granum and keeping him alive with her Temporal Anchor.

In the Sacrifice, Ballas mentions that the Tenno managed to control the warframes because they could empathize with them "and take away its pain."

So given all of that the current relationship between Tenno and Warframe is probably about as moral as it can get. The Tenno are not brutally forcing the warframes by controling them, and if they were to abandon control of them for long enough they would probably revert to the infestation and kill everyone around them.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2021-09-06 at 9:42 AM, OvenCakePrime said:

they probably are lobotomized in some way. They likely aren't as aware as a normal person... at the same time our Warframe in the Second Dream acted of its own accord and killed the Stalker so maybe they are more consious then we realize.

As for the whole "gestalt consciousness" i'm pretty sure after a long time of not being connected to a Tenno the warframe acts like any other infested. Probably connected to the entire infested hive mind, not just the helmith. The Warframe Spectres you see in the junctions would be examples of that. I got a voice line from the Lotus "That is not a Tenno, its a warframe puppeted by infested flesh." so the infestation likely can directly control warframes... 

Protea in the Deadlock Protocool is another example, she's just a spectre but the infestation inside seems to have some level of intelligence, since its still serving Parvos Granum and keeping him alive with her Temporal Anchor.

In the Sacrifice, Ballas mentions that the Tenno managed to control the warframes because they could empathize with them "and take away its pain."

So given all of that the current relationship between Tenno and Warframe is probably about as moral as it can get. The Tenno are not brutally forcing the warframes by controling them, and if they were to abandon control of them for long enough they would probably revert to the infestation and kill everyone around them.

Undoubtedly, Whereas Umbra was an Infested strain specifically curtailed to retain a memory before it became "blueprinted", the rest of them are likely bio-engineered strains of Infested tissue that would "form" the Warframes, bio-nanobots. Possibly as a result of Experimentation on living subjects, or possibly permutations of existing strains.

Warframe spectres themselves are very likely the original implementation of Warframes as super-soldier units, AI driven to control the Infested strain within them, only being surpassed in power and control by spiked Units controlled by the Tenno with their purer connection to the Void.

Only reason I mentioned helminth Gestalt consciousness is because that Infested strain is probably responsible for interacting and maintaining the Infested tissue of Warframes while they're in storage/returned from mission.

It honestly wouldn't surprise me, if they introduce a "conscious" state option of either Ordis = Mind, or Helminth = Body

Excalibur The greatest Being in existence

Awakens from his long slumber and shakes' the earth with every move

Until the grineer come he dramatically presses 4 on his keyboard and dashes through the enemy's with one foul swoop.

The lotus is impressed by his work and sends him off to explore the world with her guidance

Sry if this is weird i just saw this and i thought it would be cool

Archived