Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

19 kuva weapons. Can we get protection from same weapon spawn back?

(NSW)Junk_Lover

As title says. We have A LOT of kuva weapons now, and spawning the right one is a pain. Especially when you get same weapons for about 6-7 times, one after another....
There was a protection back when liches only appeared - so you couldn't get the same weapon next time you try to spawn a lich. Can we please get it back?

27 minutes ago, JunkL0ver said:

Can we please get it back?

I'd rather we didn't. Getting the same weapon multiple times in a row is beneficial with valence fusion.

What would be more useful is a token that grants a specific weapon or weapon type.

Aside from needing multiples of the same weapon for valence fusion, duplicate protection wouldn't really do anything one direction or the other (its only value before, was because you didn't get to choose your lich at all), you'd just be rolling 18 weapons instead of 19, and with the way RNG works, you're pretty much just as likely to endlessly cycle through 2 or 3 weapons as you are for 1.

The two most likely solutions would be: splitting the weapons up into smaller groups similar to relics (a band-aid solution and still reliant on RNG, but knowing DE, it's the most likely to happen). Or some sort of token system, which would definitely be preferable.

1 hour ago, JunkL0ver said:

Especially when you get same weapons for about 6-7 times, one after another...

That's some long odds! 

Were you finishing each mission after?  There used to be an issue where, if a mission was aborted and the larvaling revealed but not executed, it would spawn with the same weapon again.

2 hours ago, iPathos said:

Woo, more ideas for monetization! 😩

Who said anything about monetisation? I would suggest that the tokens drop from sisters/Liches with a low chance from thralls/hounds. We could also buy them with holokeys - those do only have limited usefulness now.

Both melee and archguns, from liches, should be moved to a grineer syndicate's shop, using holokeys to be bought. This would alleviate the number of weapon available in a larvling, and give more reasons to streamline the holokey drop and usage.

4 hours ago, krc473 said:

Who said anything about monetisation? I would suggest that the tokens drop from sisters/Liches with a low chance from thralls/hounds. We could also buy them with holokeys - those do only have limited usefulness now.

You may suggest that, but the way things have been going with tokens/gear items of this manner then I would assume DE would either make it a market item or something purchasable after some inordinate amount of grinding from some shop - hence the statement.

36 minutes ago, iPathos said:

You may suggest that, but the way things have been going with tokens/gear items of this manner then I would assume DE would either make it a market item or something purchasable after some inordinate amount of grinding from some shop - hence the statement.

I have no issues with DE charging us for them as well. Realistically, that would come with farmable tokens anyway.

What I want is fairly simple:

• Low chance to drop a weapon class (secondary, primary etc) token from thralls and hounds.
  • Medium chance to get a random specific weapon token (cycron, nukor etc) from stabbing the lich/sister. Done the same way as Oull requiem drops.
  • Purchasable tokens for specific weapons. You pay platinum to skip farming the other tokens because it lets you pick the one you want.

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

What I want is fairly simple:

• Low chance to drop a weapon class (secondary, primary etc) token from thralls and hounds.
  • Medium chance to get a random specific weapon token (cycron, nukor etc) from stabbing the lich/sister. Done the same way as Oull requiem drops.

This would be plenty for me, my concern is that they will heavily market the latter option on your part so as to highly encourage doing so.
Hence my statements around monetization.

Orr they could just give every node one specific weapon which will be far easier than a token system or something, every planet got 12-26 mission nodes and half of them or smth are grineer

There are more than enough nodes that even if in the future they were to add extra kuva weapons, we'd still be able to let it work this way

1 hour ago, Nebu4 said:

Orr they could just give every node one specific weapon which will be far easier than a token system or something, every planet got 12-26 mission nodes and half of them or smth are grineer

There are more than enough nodes that even if in the future they were to add extra kuva weapons, we'd still be able to let it work this way

Don't forget about the level requirement for the missions. And the need to use tiles that actually have the hands spawn for Sisters. Nodes simply wont work, and probably would not be well received. I am not sure being forced to do a mission type I don't like just to spawn the correct weapon is a good choice. Personally, I feel like a token system would be a much more suitable option - it also does allow monetisation so DE can profit from it.

8 hours ago, krc473 said:

Don't forget about the level requirement for the missions. And the need to use tiles that actually have the hands spawn for Sisters. Nodes simply wont work, and probably would not be well received. I am not sure being forced to do a mission type I don't like just to spawn the correct weapon is a good choice. Personally, I feel like a token system would be a much more suitable option - it also does allow monetisation so DE can profit from it.

Level requirement? By the time you're mr5 you pretty much got sedna unlocked. And about the tiles that can be used, interceptiok and defense can be scrapped away, here you go you still got a wide variety of mission nodes. And meanwhile a token system soundsk ind of good, it's still another layer of rng where you have to be lucky or grind to obtain it. I don't know what sounds worse, being forced to play a mission you don't like but get your desired weapon after a single try or having to pray for rngesus to get this "token"

59 minutes ago, Nebu4 said:

Level requirement? By the time you're mr5 you pretty much got sedna unlocked.

I may not have been clear. The level requirement of the missions to spawn progenitors or candidates. It has to be level 30+, so you only have two planets to work with in the standard star chart. There simply won’t be enough missions to have one weapon per mission.

59 minutes ago, Nebu4 said:

don't know what sounds worse, being forced to play a mission you don't like but get your desired weapon after a single try or having to pray for rngesus to get this "token

There would be pros and cons to both options. I would guess we are more likely to get a token system, because DE can monetise it.

Many players in my clan are reporting it's taking longer (much longer) to spawn the desired larvling than it is to take down the actual lich itself. I don't know if that was an intended design decision by the developers but as a player it does get mighty disheartening.

I like the idea of a token system, or different planets awarding primary/archgun/secondary/melee respectively (although granted there is only one kuva melee at present). Heck, maybe even something like: having only a primary weapon in that mission's loadout will guarantee a larvling with primary kuva weapon; sidearm-only same thing, and so on.

20 hours ago, krc473 said:

I may not have been clear. The level requirement of the missions to spawn progenitors or candidates. It has to be level 30+, so you only have two planets to work with in the standard star chart. There simply won’t be enough missions to have one weapon per mission.

There would be pros and cons to both options. I would guess we are more likely to get a token system, because DE can monetise it.

Level requirement can just be removed since it has actually zero purpose atm. Yes there will be enough missioks for each weapon. 

A token system though is just asking for more rng, meanwhile it sounds all good, I had to try for 3 hours to get a tenet spirex (1/8), so no having to rely on rng just to spawn a lich with a weapon really sucks. Also from test of people it appears that there's a bigger chance to get a lower bonus than a higher bonus on the weapon, forcing you to do this grind multiple times. Tokens wouldn't really prove efficient enough, especially how you'll have to start farming for them instead, then get a larvling with the weapon you want and finally actually fight the lich 

I like the token system - you get the blueprints for anyt kuva/tenet weapon from eximus enemy drops, but the build requirement needs a token (or "power core") that only drops from a defeated lich.

The trouble is that the extra elemental damage is tricky to fit in the existing game systems, so to alleviate this, I'd say you need only the token drop which would give you a basic no extra damage weapon, but the lich also drops a few "arcanes" that function like the current arcane system that you then add to the weapon to give it the elemental damage (the arcanes come in different types based on progenitor element, eg "kuva heat booster" or "tenet mag upgrade"), in blocks of 5%, so 1 rank 0 "kuva arcane" gives you +25%, a rank 1 gives you +30%, rank 4 and 5 give you +50% and +60% respectively. The devs don't need to do much to make that work, and you get to choose which weapon you want to build with only the need to go kill eximus units (as you do anyway) to collect the blueprints (think like those boar or gorgon BP drops we get at the moment). This also loses the valence fusion system that is still slightly confusing to a lot of people.

You could even change this somewhat so that thralls have a drop chance for the arcanes - meaning going on other people's murmur hunts becomes a benefit for all to do, you get the arcanes of that player's progenitor instead of your own.

And you get the added benefit of being able to change the elemental damage type by collecting different arcanes. Zaws, kitguns etc all have their own special arcane add-ons, so why not make kuva/tenet weapons use the same mechanism to remove the RNG grind. It would give an enemy kill grind to replace it, but that's not a bad thing - its the kind of grind people like, even if its 1% drop chance (same as the Gorgon) Killing Bombards, Scorchs or Napalms for the explosive kuva BP drops, Heavy Gunners or Elite Lancers for the kuva rifle BP drops, or Seekers for the kuva pistol BP drops. etc.

Archived