Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Yareli Ideas

Cyraizel

The next round of buffs are here for Yareli and aside from the rolling in midair with Merulina the whole thing is rather lackluster

If you're going to make a K-drive Warframe then take a queue from Sevagoth and make her abilities do different things when she's on and off the K-drive.

For Sea snares and Riptide specifically if you're going to have it deal cold damage have it at least also apply the cold status effect. This would add to her support and CC based kit and synergize with her passive when used with the new galvanized status mods.

I think when not on Merulina her abilities should work exactly as they do now but on Merulina
Sea snares should instead deploy 8 omni directionally and should fire from Merulina itself having no casting animation from Yareli
Give Merulina K-drive mods
Aquablades are tricky I think that since on a k-drive as we no longer get a melee they should act more like an exalted spinning glaive and ramp up in damage with a combo hit counter
When off Merulina it seems like it should act more like Mesa's bullet reflect or Zephyr's turbulence

Riptide on Merulina should act like Grendel's feast or Hydroid's undertow you suck up enemies as you're riding around ticking them for damage as your energy cost ramps up

Well, i'll share some thoughts onto it too. I think she really lacks interaction, she's supposed to be a k-drive warframe and yet her only incentive to use it is damage reduction, we all know moving around and getting stuck is just horrible, specially in such a fast-paced game like warframe. Here are some things that i think would make her good

1- Her Sea Snares should seek at least 2 new enemies, if they die under the effect. There are steel path maps that you can easily have more than 100 kills/minute, spamming her 1 such in a huge amount is just not gonna happen.
2- About Merulina, just shrink her somewhat like Titania, 2/3 of her mounted size and make it so we can equip k-drive mods, that would help a lot
3- I think her room for interaction comes from Aquablades and DE didn't take it into account so here we go. Aquablades should seek enemies trapped by her 1 and 4, and keep slicing them. It wouldn't be extremely broken anyway, we only have 3 aquablades, so it's not like a "New Saryn". And additionally, in her 4th ability all the blades could prioritize it when cast, a giant slicing bubble would be just extremely cooler that just a giant bubble.
And last but not least, if they really want to make her a k-drive warframe, let aquablades scale with the k-drive trick score somehow

1 hour ago, -MACHVISE said:

2- About Merulina, just shrink her somewhat like Titania, 2/3 of her mounted size and make it so we can equip k-drive mods, that would help a lot

Or let her sit on Merulina (like on idle animations)

2 hours ago, Cyraizel said:

Riptide on Merulina should act like Grendel's feast or Hydroid's undertow you suck up enemies as you're riding around ticking them for damage as your energy cost ramps up

Like Hydroid's Undertow... but better. Interesting. 5-10 seconds, moded would be nice imho.

2 hours ago, Cyraizel said:

If you're going to make a K-drive Warframe then take a queue from Sevagoth and make her abilities do different things when she's on and off the K-drive.

I love idea of switching between 2 similar but different "frames" however both version should be good. I hate Sevagoth because it's like few different abilities that would work on one frame but you have to "force" yourself to get to other mode. While I've been playing Sev I've been using enjoying using only 1 ability.

So they should make "base form" interesting/good as well. There should be reasons to use both form. If you are going to use only 1 form... why bother making 2-form frame? Just fix base form.

Archived