Squad options-vote to kick

(PSN)Jahmagee

Give us the option to to kick a player out.Either for a host to have an option to kick out a squad member or an option for squad members to vote to kick another member (4 squad members-3 votes to kick membeer A are needed for member A to be kicked out of the squad)

• Like 2

No, just no.

If you can't deal with public squads, don't play pubs.

The leave-squad thing (or a kick that would result in host-migration) is more reasonable but not to be expected given how crappy host migrations already are.

• Like 9

When you leave the squad youre the only one who migrates. And for those who become the host after migration migrations are generally safe. 

Also having an option to force migration on yourself is a plus. Like when you see a host is gonna extract but you want to continue, you don't wait for the migration which may bug out. 

• Like 1

My issue is that host-migrations are still a bug-fest and in general not to be enjoyed. Every host migration always starts with you thinking, what will it break this time?

Honestly, mission progression and host migrations are still not working without bugs. It would need proper fixing before i would want to see people with the power to force the migration on me with a vote or leave-squad button.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

My issue is that host-migrations are still a bug-fest and in general not to be enjoyed.

Don't get me start on RJ host migration LOL. Clients still occasionally lose reward.

I am paranoid to the point that I always yell at the host until he docks at relay.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Quimoth said:

My issue is that host-migrations are still a bug-fest and in general not to be enjoyed

True. 

But between kicking someone and leaving latter is better. You force migration upon your head and should consider the risks. Kicking someone on the other hand will result in abuse. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Don't get me start on RJ host migration LOL. Clients still occasionally lose reward.

I am paranoid to the point that I always yell at the host until he docks at relay.

Exactly, host-migrations and progress saving are such a bug-fest that any added instances should be avoided till its code works properly without the plethora of bugs it has rn.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)Jahmagee said:

Give us the option to to kick a player out.Either for a host to have an option to kick out a squad member or an option for squad members to vote to kick another member (4 squad members-3 votes to kick membeer A are needed for member A to be kicked out of the squad)

Please tell me:
Where is this honestly something that is needed?

I mean most missions don't even last 5 minutes...and if you're saying that you can't put up with a squad member for 5 minutes then maybe you should be the one that leaves instead.
For the longer missions there are regular intervals when you can decide to leave as well...meaning that if someone is annoying you you just have to make it to the next exit point which is never far away.
And that's completely beside the point that pretty much any frame can solo any mission if geared appropriately.

I could maybe understand the desire for host-kicking/vote-kicking if missions were regularly 25-30 minutes and actually relied on everyone in the team being somewhat competent to be able to win, but that simply is not the case here.

The only thing that would happen with either option would be a ton of trolling, a ton of abuse, and a ton of people yelling on the forums how they were kicked unfairly....just like what happens in PD2 where you can do a long multi-day heist only to be kicked at the end, lose all rewards, and laughed at because the people did it "for the lulz"
We really don't need that sort of thing in warframe.

• Like 6

Use the search to see why this is a bad idea. Everyone that has ever suggested a kick function would immediately be in people's mind to be themselves kicked on principle to show why kicking would be a bad idea, or to be kicked by the same trolls they were hoping to avoid in the first place.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I see some of you haven't found yourselves in endurance run where your squadm8 is literally sabotaging you & the rest of the squad for either not knowing how to play or even worse deliberately been a troll or is in to be carried.Now,missions like relic crack survival/excavation or arbitrations or certain resource farms are not type of missions where you pack up & leave just BCS one player either refuses to play as they supposed to or they don't understand the concept &/or your messages.4 players in a squad,3 votes needed to kick I call a democracy & freedom to play freely. Suggesting to play solo just because it can be done in an online game that puts emphasis on team play is an oxymoron.You get kicked out of the mission,you keep all you've earned so far but it'll help for the people to start paying attention not just on the game but to other players.If words can't help in making some people notice other people around them then kickin'them out might help them to reconsider & work on their behavior.DE said that they didn't put this option in the game because they want for everyone to have the same amount of freedom of playing and called it democratic.I'm sorry but democratic model would be to allow majority to decide how that freedom should look like ;)

I think it could be good at first but as someone pointed it can bring more toxicity in premade squads. 

Imagine you go with a premade of 3 players that decide to kick you after 1 hour in survival "because the laughts".

I would like to have it but I have to say no. Also I use to play solo or friends premade because  [put here toxic/laziness behaviours of randoms you found]

Cheers.

Edited by str4dlin

I see some of you haven't found yourselves in endurance run where your squadm8 is literally sabotaging you & the rest of the squad for either not knowing how to play or even worse deliberately been a troll or is in to be carried.

And I see that you don't understand how easily this could be abused, or rendered utterly non-functional.

After all I've been active in games with vote kicking (such as PD2) and tons of groups kick after super long missions right as rewards are being given out because its funny, or they think they get more rewards if there are less people in the squad at the end or something silly like that.  We don't need to give them the ability to be that toxic in warframe.

Further all it takes is 2 people, or even one that just doesn't care/doesn't pay attention to the vote kick pop-up, and the entire thing is non-functional and now you can't do anything anyways.

And I wonder how long it would take for people to abuse making the vote-to-kick popup appear over and over and over and over and over again in the middle of fights or when an accolyte spawns, just to annoy and disrupt other people.

Further if someone is actively sabotaging or AFKing then report them to support.  I've gotten a few players banned from the game that way.  It does work if you have evidence.

missions like relic crack survival/excavation or arbitrations or certain resource farms are not type of missions where you pack up & leave just BCS one player either refuses to play as they supposed to or they don't understand the concept &/or your messages

Outside of arbitrations those are all missions that you can just pack up and leave on because guess what?  You leave with the "good" players in the squad, and just start the same mission all over again and get right back to it with minimal to no loss in efficacy...and you've just removed the problem.  No need for a vote kick at all.
Though I do wonder what you mean by "play as they supposed to"....pretty sure you can't definitively say how players are supposed to play the game as long as they are active and actually doing something.

And while I understand the pain of having to leave a good survival arbi farm, its not the end of the world and its a far better option than giving a non-functional (at best) and downright abusable and trollish (at worst) ability to players.

Edited by Tsukinoki
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, (PSN)Jahmagee said:

I'm sorry but democratic model would be to allow majority to decide how that freedom should look like ;)

Then maybe you should reread the majority of responses in this and every other thread created trying to suggesting vote kicking and add that to the opinion of DE itself on the matter.

The majority says no for reasons that are obvious.

I have been in thousands of Warframe pub missions and I can count the number of times I wanted to kick somebody on my hands.

It just isn't necessary in Warframe and the first time it was abused would be the last time it was worth having.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hardwood said:

I have been in thousands of Warframe pub missions and I can count the number of times I wanted to kick somebody on my hands.

It just isn't necessary in Warframe and the first time it was abused would be the last time it was worth having.

Same. And the amount of my free time that would have been saved by this option is miniscule.

Even with a troll frame in an endless mission, the other three players generally just extract early. Voting to kick, appropriately enough, with our feet.

• 1 month later...
On 2021-09-02 at 5:47 AM, Hobie-wan said:

Then maybe you should reread the majority of responses in this and every other thread created trying to suggesting vote kicking and add that to the opinion of DE itself on the matter.

The majority says no for reasons that are obvious.

That's why it's a suggestion.If community don't want it,fine.But I see that more and more people,when they reach certain stage in progressing through the game starts playing solo instead of pub.I know quite a few ppl (including myself) that if there are no friends around will rather play solo then be doomed to quit the mission BCS of 1 player.But I guess I'm a minority so you won't here from me regarding this subject.